AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 12-27-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
If you've still got the Pioneer Elite player in the system use it as an alternate source.

I would except it’s already been passed down to my daughter. She got all the gear I’m replacing. Good idea though!

C500, MX123, MC501 (2), MC207, MCD500,
Silenzio, Bryston BDA3, Shunyata Denali 6000/S,
Panasonic UB900, Canton Reference 3K,
Canton Reference 50K, Fresco, Descent
Old 12-27-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
I would consult the manual and try a factory reset. Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Thanks for the idea, I’ll give that a try!

Old 12-27-2019, 01:13 AM

If the reset doesn't work then any cheap Blu-Ray player from BB will do temporarily as a transport. They have four highly user rated models for less than $100.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:08 AM

Quote:
If the reset doesn't work then any cheap Blu-Ray player from BB will do temporarily as a transport. They have four highly user rated models for less than $100.

Thanks another great idea!

Old 12-27-2019, 03:14 AM

Glad to help as it appears from posts on various forums that speed from the McIntosh service centers is not normal and with digital related gear less so. Having a backup plan in place so you aren't without music is always a good idea. I have a back backup CD player and Bluray player previously used in boxes in the Attic storage in case of sudden failure.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Glad to help as it appears from posts on various forums that speed from the McIntosh service centers is not normal and with digital related gear less so. Having a backup plan in place so you aren't without music is always a good idea. I have a back backup CD player and Bluray player previously used in boxes in the Attic storage in case of sudden failure.

I hear yeah, I’ve got a Bryston BDA3 coming as well as a Silenzo. If I weren’t so quick to pass on my older gear I could have hooked up my MS750. I was so happy to be getting all this new gear as well as being able bump start my daughter’s path down this crazy road I considered something may not work when it was reconnected. 🤦*♂️

Old 12-27-2019, 11:20 PM

Well, I’m happy to report I’ve got “Music”! 🥳

Old 12-28-2019, 12:17 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylode View Post
Well, I’m happy to report I’ve got “Music”! 🥳
Amen!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 12-28-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Amen!

Yes, I felt like all of the gear sitting there was just mocking me. Now, all is good and it sounds pretty darn good considering all of the cables are new as well as the the speakers. [emoji7]

Old 07-04-2020, 07:22 PM

Because of the pandemic, it's taken much longer than anyone would have expected. It was only this last Saturday that the system was finally completed!

Before going any farther, I want to give a big shout out to Ivan for helping me put this beast. Those that have been around a while already know how great it is to work with Ivan! If you’re new and have never experienced it for yourself, he should be your first stop when looking to make an upgrade.

Also, I want to give a big thanks to Emile. He helped me (actually, it’s I who mostly tried to keep out of his way) set up my system. The first thing he did when he saw my system, is completely redo all of the cabling. I must admit, my attempt at wiring everything was pretty pathetic. The system looks as good as it sounds!

Now that I’ve been listening to it for a week, I feel like I can talk about what Ivan, Emile, and I created:

• To start with the system is “dead” quiet. Something I’d never fully accomplished with the old system. It was quiet but like this.

• The Canton speakers are everything I’d hoped for. After my logan’s, I wanted speakers with some punch. The logan’s were very good a delivering clean room-filling sound, but it lacked that visceral fill I was looking for. What’s amazing is that a speaker at this price point can be so “good”. The base coming from some relatively small base speakers is unbelievable. They go low and being driven my 501’s remains tight and focused. E put on a track by an artist I can’t remember, but the it has such strong base I felt like a mule just kicked me in the chest. These speakers aren’t just about base, they have a lot of punch and finesse. It’s much more like a live performance.

• The Wire World cables are pretty amazing. I can’t really give a before and after since some much equipment was changed all at once. But I feel they are a rather large contributing factor in the system quietness and punch.

• Now I’d like to talk about the Silenzo by E. Our very own Emile has really built a world-class music server. Combined with the Bryston BDA3, this thing really delivers and, is also dead quiet. Like the Canton’s the Silenzo is a “real” bargain. If I were to build another system, I’ll guarantee it would include a Silenzo.

Well that’s it for now, the music is calling. After everything is fully broken in I’ll revisit this an attempt to describe the improvements.