AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 09-06-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
How long after the Sasha IIs did you opt for the Alexias? I think that's where I'll ultimately end up.
Surprisingly, only three weeks. I was motivated by the upcoming price increase in June. I thought,"this will be a subtle upgrade". I was wrong - big time. Loving the Alexia's, so happy I made the move. I've lived every Wilson speaker I've owned - Sophia 3, Sasha II, Alexia (funny how with each upgrade, the version number of the speaker decreases!)
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers
Old 09-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4736 View Post
Surprisingly, only three weeks. I was motivated by the upcoming price increase in June. I thought,"this will be a subtle upgrade". I was wrong - big time. Loving the Alexia's, so happy I made the move. I've lived every Wilson speaker I've owned - Sophia 3, Sasha II, Alexia (funny how with each upgrade, the version number of the speaker decreases!)
Nice!! I hope yo be joining you soon. What does the rest of you're wiped consist of?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Nice!! I hope yo be joining you soon. What does the rest of you're wiped consist of?
Using Shunyata Anaconda loom, Shunyata Triton and Typhon. Electronics are Ayre - VX-5 stereo amp, KX-5 preamp, and QB-9 DSD DAC as my primary source. I am using a MacBook Pro to feed the DAC, and use the QNAP HS-210 for storage - the QNAP is an ultra-quiet NAS. I am very happy with it.

Just got into Audirvana Plus backing iTunes for playback software.

I am toying with trying Stillpoints later this year....under the Alexia's only for now. I think I can get a demo set from my dealer, just to see if I like the difference.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers
Old 09-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4736 View Post

With the version number decreasing with every upgrade, where do you go from here?

Last edited by Lildebs888; 09-07-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:44 PM

Now that we are a few months later, what are the biggest differences between sasha 1 and 2? Do you think an upgrade would be justified?

Thx for your advices...
Old 07-27-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspock View Post
Now that we are a few months later, what are the biggest differences between sasha 1 and 2? Do you think an upgrade would be justified? Thx for your advices...
Depends. Tell us more about what you have and aren't happy about.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:49 PM

As you can see I have a sasha, but i am not against evolution and improvements...
Old 07-27-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspock View Post
As you can see I have a sasha, but i am not against evolution and improvements...
When I wrote that, I was on my phone and I couldn't see your signature. The Sasha II is a pretty nice improvement over sasha I in the mids and highs. I don't hear any difference in bass. I did the upgrade myself, so I have relevant opinions here. If you do some reading on this site, you'll find my in-depth opinions and those of others.

My main takeaway is that the sasha II bridges the gap very well between the original Sasha and the Alexia. Of course Alexia is a little better, but depending on your wallet, the Sasha seems to be the sweet spot in the lineup to me. It's a "value"
Old 08-18-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvibe View Post
LOL… run out of a room on the Sasha I's. That is hysterical to me. The Sasha 1 is a tremendous loudspeaker. I've spent hours listening to them. In my room with my equipment it reminds me of live music. You are always going to have opinions out there… I'm sure the Sasha 2 is better… Wilson doesn't do upgrades for no reason. I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth it (financially) to upgrade? I know that is a personal decision but hearing others impressions that have made the move to Sasha 2 or Alexia is very helpful!
i felt the same when my tweeters were new.wanted to run out of the room. had a towel over the tweeter and considered changing resistor values. After about 500 hours and optimal speaker placement i do not find the the tweeters bright. i am enjoying my speakers. sure other folks with other brands like YG, Sonus Faber, B and W ,Magico etc think that their speakers are far superior. having heard them all i find them enjoyable and different. but i like my Sasha's best
Old 08-18-2016, 05:57 PM

addendum i have the Sasha1

Last edited by ALFA; 08-18-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: repeat