AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:53 PM

Default Roon 1.4 Now Available

I know that it is not an ideal solution. But There is spreadsheet running around that tells you all the available MQA albums in Tidal. I use that sheet and the Tidal app to find the MQA albums that I want and then add them to my Tidal library.
Then I go in Roon rescan the Tidal library and sort Albums by date and all the albums that I just added show first. Then I just tag all of them in one shot.
Not an ideal solution really, but one way of doing it more efficiently than having to play various versions to figure it out.
I bet others have figured out other ways to do it.

Last edited by nicoff; 12-19-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
I know that it is not an ideal solution. But There is spreadsheet running around that tells you all the available MQA albums in Tidal. I use that sheet and the Tidal app to find the MQA albums that I want and then add them to my Tidal library.
Then I go in Roon rescan the Tidal library and sort Albums by date and all the albums that I just added show first. Then I just tag all of them in one shot.
Not an ideal solution really, but one way of doing it more efficiently than having to play various versions to figure it out.

Nicoff what you are doing is clever and seems to be the only way now but this software is 500 USD.

500!

We shouldn`t do the hardwork really.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Like you I peruse the list of MQA files. I then go to the actual Tidal App and look for the files I want to add. In the Tidal app the MQA files will have the M in a square block which identifies which is the MQA Title(s) and those that are not. I can then tell Tidal to add them to my library.

Last edited by Still-One; 12-19-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 PM

Sorry, correct In that I meant for the unfolding portion to get full 24/96
Old 12-19-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcaka View Post
Nicoff what you are doing is clever and seems to be the only way now but this software is 500 USD.

500!

We shouldn`t do the hardwork really.
Don't you just need to click the "masters" button? What am I missing?
Old 12-19-2017, 10:53 PM

Default Roon 1.4 Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Don't you just need to click the "masters" button? What am I missing?

The problem is that the Masters button in Tidal or Roon does not show all the MQA titles available in a Tidal. Clicking that button may show you 100 or 200 titles but there are now several thousands.
If you find a title in Roon by clicking the Tidal Masters button, you can then proceed to tag it as a Master in Roon which is great. The problem again is that most MQA titles do not show under the Masters button. That is why you are better off using the spreadsheet. Does that make sense now?
Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
The non-destrucable queue is what many of us were asking for.
Jim: Can you quickly explain what is meant by non-destructable queue?
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 12-20-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcaka View Post
And also MQA albums are still not marked by Roon.

When I see multiple copies of an album, I have to play each one and check resolution to figure out the MQA one.

Please Roon, just put the "M" like Tidal does on its own site.

Love and respect.
Seems like such a simple request, one that I've made many times.
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 12-20-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
Jim: Can you quickly explain what is meant by non-destructable queue?
In the past, if you were playing an album/playlist with 10 songs, as each song was completed, it would be removed from the queue. Hence, when it was playing the 6th song, there would only be 5 songs showing on your queue. The first 5 songs would have been removed from the queue. You would be unable to view what you have listened to previous. Now, it shows the entire queue with the current track highlighted.
Hope that helps.
Speakers: Salon2 with F113v2 x 2
Analog: VPI Avenger Reference with Ortofon A95 and Esoteric E03 phonostage
Digital: Silenzio and Esoteric K03-x and G02
Power Management: PS Audio P10 x 2, P5
Cables: WW PE7 SC & IC, Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Rack: HRS SXR Signature
Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtroo View Post
In the past, if you were playing an album/playlist with 10 songs, as each song was completed, it would be removed from the queue. Hence, when it was playing the 6th song, there would only be 5 songs showing on your queue. The first 5 songs would have been removed from the queue. You would be unable to view what you have listened to previous. Now, it shows the entire queue with the current track highlighted.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Tim! I did go over to the Roon Community to research. I see there was much controversy over this queue change. I'll play with the new functionality today, but in theory I like the concept of the "non-destructive queue".