AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Nope, sorry, meant to say 590. IÂ’ve stopped looking at the nomenclature since day one of acquiring the Luxman. My journey has been an exhaustive 30+ years with amps and speakers of various price ranges and brands coming and going to say the least. IÂ’ve found the Luxman to be a very sweet spot as well as a tremendous performer that offers richness and musicality I value over all other parameters. Can it be outdone? Yes it can. It will cost you multiples. IÂ’ve been there. Do I find I need to chase that pinnacle again? Absolutely not. Perfectly happy with the Luxman. As always, your personal goals and dreams may take you elsewhere, to the stratosphere and IÂ’m not here to tell you not to. Just sharing my own experience with the 590AXII class A gem of an integrated amp.
I’m in almost the exact same position myself. I’ve gone full circle with my system, and no longer seek that ultra-neutral, ultra-revealing system I used to, and instead favour the more relaxed, musical and emotional connection with the music, with that fuller and denser presentation, but without losing significant detail. Hence why I’m labouring the decision between the 590AXii and the 509X somewhat.
|||HOME CINEMA: JVC DLA-X70 Projector | Lumagen Radiance Mini | Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K 120" AT screen | Datasat RS20i | Aerial Acoustics LR5's, CC5 + 4 x SR3 Surrounds + 2 x LR3 Front Heights + 2 x Model 5B Wides (11.2) | 2 x Paradigm Reference Sub 1's | 3 x AB Systems 11000SE 1000W monoblocs + 6500SE 6-Channel 500W | Oppo BDP-95 | Netgear NeoTV 550 | NAD M50 | 24TB Synology 2413+ ||| HI-FI: Revel Ultima Salon 2 | Mark Levinson 532H | DAC - TBC | Pre-amp TBC | NAD M50 |||