AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
That's a Deusy !

Hey Buddy,

I am auditioning the contour 5.4 at 3pm with Simaudio
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Learning to Listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglax View Post
Hey Buddy,

I am auditioning the contour 5.4 at 3pm with Simaudio
If you can, add in the Naim. I've done both, now, with Contours, and it's hard not to go with either one, but give it a try. I also did it with Linn, but liked the others better. I have the Focus 140's, and will eventually move up the chain, but right now I keep being amazed with the 140's. Of course, I've been so far down the audio chain for so long that anything is amazing to me........

Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkval View Post
I cannot imagine, nor have I experienced, a more "musically satisfying" speaker. Many speaker setups have literally blown me away, but the Dynaudio is one that you want to turn on first thing in the morning and then stay up late at night listening to. They are a pure joy to have in the house - plus they can "knock your socks off" when you are in that kind of mood
Howard....
I think your post is really insightful because Dyns can be auditioned in way that can initially give the impression that they don't "blow your socks off'. At times they can come almost across as "understated" compared to others, but upon more extended listenign you realize that the get music "really right" and as you say, you can turn them on first thing in the morning and stay up at night listening to. And then when you challenge them with really complex and really dynamic music, and discover how they can scale, can go from soft to loud, from gentle to forceful and never break up or show any sign of strain, then they CAN blow your socks off...but in a real, musical way rather than perhaps a "hi-fi" way.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
That's a Deusy !

The dealer that has that has them carries Simaudio Linn and NAD. The other dealer that is authorized has nad and meridian
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
That's a Deusy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Howard....
I think your post is really insightful because Dyns can be auditioned in way that can initially give the impression that they don't "blow your socks off'. At times they can come almost across as "understated" compared to others, but upon more extended listenign you realize that the get music "really right" and as you say, you can turn them on first thing in the morning and stay up at night listening to. And then when you challenge them with really complex and really dynamic music, and discover how they can scale, can go from soft to loud, from gentle to forceful and never break up or show any sign of strain, then they CAN blow your socks off...but in a real, musical way rather than perhaps a "hi-fi" way.
They were really open, layered and defined

Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Learning to Listen

Nice, huh!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Doug,

I also love Dyns. Much more than BW. More musical to my ears.
Only downside to me is that, like PMC's, they do not sound as "live" as some others....

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Last edited by Jerome W; 02-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
That's a Deusy !

Hi Jerome I heard the C s5.4 today.... they had an extremely live presentation .They were set up in not too optimal conditions and powered by an 80 watt into 4 ohm sim audio integrated. These have the new esotar 2 tweeters . My 802 speakers may go on the gon soon.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Doug,

I also love Dyns. Much more than BW. More musical to my ears.
Only downside to me is that, like PMC's, they do not sound as "live" as some others....
Understood, Jérôme, depends on exaclty what "live" means to each person... That's what makes the hobby interesting. I can say that with the right electronics, Dyns can sound very much like live music. For a long time, folks thought that, due to their current requirements (due to their very large voice coils), you needed to use SS gear with them to provide lots of power (read: current). This was the prevailing view by many members of the Dyn community, evan as late as 2008 when I got first my first pair of Audience 72s. For example, Dyn often demo'd at shows and at dealers with Sim gear, and many owners used Bryston or Sim gear with their personal Dynaudio systems. But that view has changed quite a bit now with Dynaudio NA now distributing Octave tube products in North America, and folks are finding out that Dyns and tube gear really make for a great match, and the "verisimilitude" that tubes bring to the reproduction of music really can make Dyns shine with respect to sounding "live", if by live you mean like sounding like live music.

Cheers,
Stephen
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat

Understood, Jérôme, depends on exaclty what "live" means to each person... That's what makes the hobby interesting. I can say that with the right electronics, Dyns can sound very much like live music. For a long time, folks thought that, due to their current requirements (due to their very large voice coils), you needed to use SS gear with them to provide lots of power (read: current). This was the prevailing view by many members of the Dyn community, evan as late as 2008 when I got first my first pair of Audience 72s. For example, Dyn often demo'd at shows and at dealers with Sim gear, and many owners used Bryston or Sim gear with their personal Dynaudio systems. But that view has changed quite a bit now with Dynaudio NA now distributing Octave tube products in North America, and folks are finding out that Dyns and tube gear really make for a great match, and the "verisimilitude" that tubes bring to the reproduction of music really can make Dyns shine with respect to sounding "live", if by live you mean like sounding like live music.

Cheers,
Stephen
Hi Stephen,
Yes I mean "live music".
I got your point.
I actually never heard them with tube amps.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado