AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 AM

Default LessLoss power cables

Hi,

I´m thinking of upgrading the power cable of my CD player to a LessLoss DFPC power cable.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cables?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Default LessLoss DFPC Power Cable

Hello - I have several of these and have used them on sources, amps, conditioners etc. When you first get them and put them in (before proper run-in), you may think something might be missing. When they run in, what you notice is everything IS there in spades in proper balance. They are also very dynamic. Staging and imaging is great.

Unfortunately, for your purpose, I have not directly compared them to anything of like quality. I also use Triode Wire Labs 7 and 8 Plus, but have not (yet) directly compared them with the DFPC.

I have compared the DFPC with:

Pangea AC 9 (while good for the money, DFPC was better)

Mojo Audio Cross Helix (WE NOS pure copper) currently $124.95 (DFPC was better; but this cord is very good, particularly if you like warmth, coherence solidity and detail. A steal at the current price).

Shuyata Venom (At the time I was looking for a power amp cord. While I thought the DFPC was better for a power amp, this cord is a killer. I wish I had kept it (it was $99 at the time) for other uses. It was better than an older Diamondback and is supposedly better than the new Diamondback Platinum)

I am getting some new cords in the mail and will likely compare them with the DFPC and Triode Wire Labs. If I am able to do so, I will report.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM

Hi Maxima, thanks for your feedback. I had a look at the Shunyata Venom, but they cost 250 euro here in Europe, so this means the LessLoss are about 100 euros more expensive. Well worth the try, I guess.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM

Default LessLoss Power Cables

I should have read more carefully and considered your location and where LessLoss is located. For that differential I would get the LessLoss. Perhaps you can find one used. I found 3 of them that way.

Also, I came across this:

POWER UP! - a comprehensive power cord review - Part 3

Take care.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 PM

My first try at aftermarket power cords was with the Shunyata Venom 3. Once I heard an improvement, I immediately replaced them (BD, pre-pro, and 3 amps) with LessLoss DFPC (this time also doing the sub and power conditioner).

I found the Lessloss to be "blacker". The background was definitely quieter and I felt the bass was more opened and bottomless. I did slightly prefer the Venom 3 on the BD player (it sounded slightly airier but a bit drier). However, it didn't sound good enough to run one odd cable while everything is Lessloss.

I would recommend getting them...besides, Louis includes free shipping for these. Also, he offers a trade-up program where one can upgrade to the Signatures!

Good luck,
-H
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM

Has anybody heard the DFPC Signature power cord?

All the Lessloss DFPC use Oyaide gold plated plugs, maybe they should sound warm, rich, without listening fatigue, and the Signature should have better bass weight than the Original... am I right?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Hello - I do not have experience with the DFPC Signature. However, this review addresses both the Original and Signature.

http://http://www.audiodrom.cz/recen...2.html?start=3
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 AM

I know this thread is a little stagnant now, but I just wanted to say that I can truly vouch for the Mojo Cross-Helix PC's.

They have made a healthy improvement on the overall system performance. Unfortunately, I don't have much of anything to add as far as comparisons go, but I can say that I am highly disgusted with an older PS Audio Prelude PC that I'm borrowing from my brother (before he sells it) to power my amp.

Without changing anything else in the system except for this PC, it has totally sucked the life out of my system. Bass has leaned out and become mushy, no definition or impact at all. The midrange has moved forward and become grainy. Treble has also become a bit grainy, though recessed at the same time. On top of that, the soundstage has collapsed. The stock PC sounds 100x better and I have in fact switched back to the stock PC! A pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

I have another Cross-Helix coming as well as a better XPC-3 which is their flat ribbon PC series. That one will be going on the amp and the Cross-Helix on the Bifrost. I might switch them after a couple hundred hours of burn-in just to see what changes they make.

Those LessLoss PC's look great and I have read nothing but good reviews about them. I don't think you can go wrong with them, especially if you're replacing a stock PC.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops-tube View Post
I know this thread is a little stagnant now, but I just wanted to say that I can truly vouch for the Mojo Cross-Helix PC's.

They have made a healthy improvement on the overall system performance. Unfortunately, I don't have much of anything to add as far as comparisons go, but I can say that I am highly disgusted with an older PS Audio Prelude PC that I'm borrowing from my brother (before he sells it) to power my amp.

Without changing anything else in the system except for this PC, it has totally sucked the life out of my system. Bass has leaned out and become mushy, no definition or impact at all. The midrange has moved forward and become grainy. Treble has also become a bit grainy, though recessed at the same time. On top of that, the soundstage has collapsed. The stock PC sounds 100x better and I have in fact switched back to the stock PC! A pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

I have another Cross-Helix coming as well as a better XPC-3 which is their flat ribbon PC series. That one will be going on the amp and the Cross-Helix on the Bifrost. I might switch them after a couple hundred hours of burn-in just to see what changes they make.

Those LessLoss PC's look great and I have read nothing but good reviews about them. I don't think you can go wrong with them, especially if you're replacing a stock PC.
Hi Charles,

I´ve had a look at the MOJO cables, but I can´t find anything on European connectors on their site. As I´m from the Netherlands I can´t use the US connectors here. Do you know if they also terminate their PC´s with European type of connectors?

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerzom View Post
Hi Charles,

I´ve had a look at the MOJO cables, but I can´t find anything on European connectors on their site. As I´m from the Netherlands I can´t use the US connectors here. Do you know if they also terminate their PC´s with European type of connectors?

Thanks!
Hello Gert,

I know Ben offers UK connectors on his Enigma SE cables, but I don't see why he wouldn't offer them on the other cables as well. I'll send him an email and see what he says.