AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 04-12-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
I bought an Emotion power cord.

As I told before (maybe because of the external biwiring, with a speaker cable feeding the three current-hungry 803D woofers, and another identical cable feeding the high sensitive mid-highs, a solution which increased "transparency") the complete Cardas G.Ref. cable set sounded too much "neutral" for my ears and I needed more bass slam and smoothness.

A single K.-S. Emotion power cord on the Accuphase DP700 gave me all that I needed, together with more dynamics, image depht and focus. Stunning.

Then I ordered another Emotion p.c.. for the Luxman 509u, but I was very disappointed when I hooked it up : it sounds very different from what I expected, and very different from the previous cable I bought, when I tried it alone on the 509u, it brought the same kind of improvements it gives on the DP700, only less evident.
The new cable sounds ..bleached, it lacks bass depht and dynamics, I hear hardness and edginess in high frequencies, sound seems distorted

I think it is clearly a break in issue: the previous cable was already used by the dealer in his showroom, the second cable was brand new and sealed.

How many hours do you think the new cable will need to sound like the previous one?
Hope less than 300 ...
From what I remembered when I got my KS Emotion I was told they only took a couple of days as they were burned in at factory...perhaps it only applies to interconnects? Give them some more time...for me the largest change was heard on my amp...keep us posted please
Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM

After a week (of NON continous use) things go a little better, but the new Emotion power cord still sounds different from the previous one I bought.

I put the new cable again on the home theatre, because on the 509u it still sound worse than the Golden Reference (nonsense!).

Image is more "forward" (when I used the first Emotion alone on the 509u I noticed the opposite thing! Sound was pleasently a bit more laid back with more sense of depht), bass seems weak and not very deep, musical flow seems to be not natural.

It seems that it will need at least 100 hours, maybe next week...
Old 03-25-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfurt View Post
I recently purchased a previously enjoyed Kubala Sosna Fascination power cord just to check out the construction technique. To my surprise, it is constructed of two cabtire (or SJO type) type cords approx 16 AWG x 3 twisted together and terminated with black,green,white of each together in a Pass + Seymour AC plug. The wire looks like good 'ol soft stranded copper with PVC insulation. Nothing fancy here for the price.

I will continue to be a skeptic of this stuff. It's nice that Wireworld shows their constuction and explains the benefits.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Could you better explain the wire type used in Kubala Sosna Fascination power cord? Does it have any "filling" arround the conductors? The conductors dielectric is PVC or PE? How about the outer black jacket? Is it PVC or rubber like?