AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 01-24-2021, 10:08 AM

Well I will soon be joining the 611 club. My pair are on their way from McIntosh next week. Can't wait.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-24-2021, 05:12 PM

Thumbs up Viva la Mac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbgbill View Post
Well I will soon be joining the 611 club. My pair are on their way from McIntosh next week. Can't wait.
I just went through your signature and, man, it's nice to see someone who's a bona fide Mac lover! Very nice blue and green system you have there, Bill.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 01-26-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
I just went through your signature and, man, it's nice to see someone who's a bona fide Mac lover! Very nice blue and green system you have there, Bill.
Thanks Bill, I have been a Mac lover since the 80's. I strayed away for several years but returned. I guess being cooped up gave me the itch to listen to more music. At my age I cannot afford to get the virus. Have had a lot fo fun buying back some vinyl I got rid of when I went digital.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-26-2021, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up I can't get over your...

...signature block! Please check your PM inbox, Bill.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 02-01-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1970 View Post
Have the 611s already arrived? When buying my 611s I compared them with a 462 on KEF Blades. I didn't need 30" to be convinced of the 611s. Much more dynamics, separation and something fluffy called "air".
I have been running the 611s now for a few months now (love them) and they for sure have noticeably more power than the 462, and they of course look better . Supper happy with the purchase.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:01 PM

Yes the 611’s are really nice. Have had mine for about 4 months now..Been thru a few amps but also had a 452 which I really liked but so much more out of the 611’s..Had a chance to listen to the 1.25’s recently and very tempting
Old 02-09-2021, 06:37 PM

I guess I am officially a 611 club member. They were delivered this afternoon and I have them hooked up and cranking out Clifford Brown....!
Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-12-2021, 06:07 PM

Default 611’s in the house

My new 611’s installed yesterday with new C1100 pre amp and 2 new REL subs. I’d love to post some pix but don’t know how, if it’s doable please advise.
Anyway, after 50 years or so I’d say the sound it’s special. Lots of space between the instruments and as the cliche goes, I never heard “that” in that tune before. Having a wonderful time re-listening to lots of great “new” songs.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:16 AM

Thumbs up Inserting photos of your new Mac Gear

BagelJoe..... Here's the way I post photos to this forum:

First, I upload my photo/photos to flickr dot com (for free). Once they've been uploaded to my flickr account, I left-click on the photo of interest and, once it has been displayed on its own, I look for the "Share Photo" icon in the bottom-right section of the web page -- it looks like a white arrow, that's bending up and to the right, against a black background -- and left-click on that arrow icon.

At that point, you should see a white dialog box with dark grey text in it entitled: "Share 1 photo to." Once you have the Share Photo dialog box displayed, left-click on "BBCode" link. After the BB Code option has been activated, move down to the bottom box and left-click on the grey down arrow.

After activating the resolution dropdown, you will select the desired resolution (again by left-clicking on your choice) and, afterword, you will see the required Bulletin Board Code highlighted in light blue. From there, you can copy the code -- which is done via Command + C on our Mac -- and go back to the AAF (the forum we're corresponding on).

Once you're back to the AAF's "Reply to Thread" text editor, left-click on the small Insert Image icon above the text window (see NOTE below) -- the one that looks like a yellow postcard with grey mountains on it -- and paste in the BB Code that you copied from the flickr website. This is done with Command + V on our Mac.

NOTE: the image you're pasting into your AAF thread post will end up wherever the pasted BB Code is inserted, so place the flashing cursor where you want the photo to end up: before you left-click on the Insert Image icon.

For a better result, you only need the BB Code between the lower-case "img" and the lower-case "/img" to get a nice clear photo displayed. The rest of the code can be deleted and will only serve to add unwanted text to your post...and, as with all HTML code commands, those image ("img") commands must be surrounded with square brackets to embed themselves properly. For example, [img] starts the image embedding process while [/img] ends the image embedding process.

Here's what a photo with Medium (599 x 640) resolution looks like on an AAF thread: >> Please see the additional text below the photo...<<

Copy the text in this post to a word processor application (like MS Word) and print it out. Once you have the text printed out, you can give it a couple of practice runs before becoming a forum photo sharing expert.

>> If you're a beginner, I highly recommend that you read this text a few times before proceeding with this. <<

Last edited by 70sMac; 02-14-2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:04 PM

Just become a member and use the AA insert image icon on the message window.