AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Remote Control

Remote Control Power is Nothing without Control

Old 01-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Default Logitech Harmony Elite Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNABxzBfQiM

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-15-2019, 04:59 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

The reviewer does not talk about the tight Alexa integration with the Elite. I won't let Alexa anywhere near my house and I hate talking to machines. Luddite? Perhaps.

I'll stick with the Harmony Ultimate Home that I've used for five years now. Works great letting me keep all the boxes in another room.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
The reviewer does not talk about the tight Alexa integration with the Elite. I won't let Alexa anywhere near my house and I hate talking to machines. Luddite? Perhaps.

I'll stick with the Harmony Ultimate Home that I've used for five years now. Works great letting me keep all the boxes in another room.
"Alexa is compatible with Logitech Harmony Elite, Companion (formally Home Control), Smart Control, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, and Harmony Hub."

Alexa is only an option if you have an Echo device, so no need to be scared of the machine taking your job.

The Harmony Elite is a great product that works well.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub

Last edited by Poppyhome; 02-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
"Alexa is compatible with Logitech Harmony Elite, Companion (formally Home Control), Smart Control, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, and Harmony Hub."

Alexa is only an option if you have an Echo device, so no need to be scared of the machine taking your job.

Agree about the Alexa being an available option. The user must manually activate that option for it to work.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:47 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post

The Harmony Elite is a great product that works well.

Ro
Hey, knock yourself out. I'll pass.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
Hey, knock yourself out. I'll pass.
Alexa — My Music, volume up.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 10-14-2019, 12:03 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Thanks for posting this. I was considering getting one and this kind of sealed the deal. Thanks again.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:03 AM

I’ve had a Harmony Elite system for about three years. I would say it is just OK. The integration with my Lutron Caseta lighting controls is slow and stupid. After multiple trouble tickets and a plea to the president of the company, they just can’t seem to fix it.

Also I need alternate IR codes for my McIntosh C1100 and they can’t seem to bother with that either. That one I could fix myself with IR code capture, but that’s a lot of fiddly work.

I’ll give it a ‘C’, which could be an ‘A’ if they could fix the nagging issues I’ve got.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 10-14-2019, 11:20 AM

Default Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
I’ve had a Harmony Elite system for about three years. I would say it is just OK. .....

....I’ll give it a ‘C’, which could be an ‘A’ if they could fix the nagging issues I’ve got.
Similar to above, a B- for other reasons. I use our OPPO 205 as the hub in our simple media room for the OPPOs exceptional audio and video processing. But only one HDMI input. So, for now, a simple 'dumb' 4K HDMI switch in front.

So, enter the Elite. With proper sequencing and delays (a bit of trial and error...), you can get all this work w/o dark or blue screens (an EDID/HDCP handshake issue - the cost of a dumb switch).

But getting the Elite to sequence everything and add delays was just painful.

So, for simple set-ups it is a very nice remote, the layout is great, the backlit buttons are nice, but the ability to customize is somewhat frustrating.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Maybe you guys are being overly critical.

Its easy to use, can do mostly anything with trial and error and the interface and updates works well.............nothing better at this price point for a DIY system.

Alexa integration works well for me most of the time.

My only complaint is wanting more than 2 IR mini-blasters.

I give it an A-

Ron