AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 06-17-2020, 01:10 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I've never owned or tried an integrated, but if I were to be fortunate enough to obtain the DarTZeel CTH-8550, I wouldn't sure as h*ll wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I've never owned or tried an integrated, but if I were to be fortunate enough to obtain the DarTZeel CTH-8550, I wouldn't sure as h*ll wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
Beautiful products.
https://youtu.be/mNNS_WhiuVs

Last edited by JemHadar; 06-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:05 PM

In my secondary system I currently have the Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one integrated, which is basically a streamer/DAC/integrated amp all in a single chassis. The amp section is class AB. It's Roon ready. Highly musical sounding unit. I now have it paired with the Sonus Faber Olympica II speakers. In the past I've had it paired with some PMC standmount speakers and the B&W 805 D3. While the Naim Uniti Nova is only conservatively rated at 80 wpc @ 8 ohms but the current delivery is very robust and didn't break a sweat driving any speakers.
The current delivery that matters most, not the wattage (power ratings).

Prior to the Naim Uniti Nova, I had the McIntosh MA6900 integrated and the Naim Nova is way more musical sounding unit than the Mac.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Prior to the Naim Uniti Nova, I had the McIntosh MA6900 integrated and the Naim Nova is way more musical sounding unit than the Mac.
You just ruined my day!

i have the MA6700.... i guess i will try to demo the NAIM.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:25 PM

Definitely look at the Naim. I went with Bryston separates earlier this year, but the Naim Uniti series is very impressive.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
You just ruined my day!

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.

Last edited by Dilettante; 09-02-2020 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
You just ruined my day!

Did you get to demo the Naim Uniti Nova?
Old 10-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Andre Antunes

I’m running a Plinius Hautonga integrated. Great power and authority.
Class AB with 200 watts @ 8 ohms and 280 watts @ 4 ohms.
Also love the looks, specially the remote.

Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 AM

Default Line Magnetic Tube Amp

I recently acquired Line Magnetic's entry level tube integrated amp, the 34ia. At less than half the price, it ran circles around the PrimaLuna and Rogue Cronus Magnum amps I brought home for demos. At least, for the kind of music I listen to. Fairly simple push-pull design, with a 12AX7 input, two 12AU7 drivers, and four EL34 power tubes. The only upgrade I did to the stock tubes, so far, is a Brimar NOS tube in the AX7 slot. It can accept KT88's with the flip of a switch, but since I listen to small jazz combos and lot's of acoustic classical music, the EL34/KT77's are sweet. I love it.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.
Let me guess, you're from Europe? That would explain your bias toward products designed and built in England. We all tend to gravitate toward brands that are sonically similar to what we grew up with or are used to. I've heard plenty of Naim products over the years and don't have many bad things to say about them other than their pedestrian industrial design and that none have ever wowed me. I've also compared them to comparably priced McIntosh items. All I can say is that I've never bought a Naim product but have owned quite a few McIntosh items. I guess that shows MY obvious bias.