AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Ayre

Ayre A new dimension of musical enjoyment

Old 02-05-2017, 01:21 AM

I'm using the synergistic research power cell 10 my 2. I'm going to put it on the market as I want to get a new Audioquest Niagara which is much more but I also never plug my amps into any conditioner. The SR as well as Ayers own conditioner are the only ones I've used that don't seem to have any negative impact on sound of source components. I've had many of the other conditioners in my system .
Old 02-05-2017, 01:23 AM

Benefits were minimal though. You can play with these bullets with the SR power Cell but I do like things that change the sound per say. Niagara cleans things up and gives a deeper look into the music. That's the one thing I like about my powerecell as it's the same
Old 02-05-2017, 01:33 AM

There our 2 Audioquest units I'm looking at for my QX5 & music server to plug into. Thanks for the feedback CT.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM

I use an older more entry level Transparent unit and it helps both the QX and AX alike. Eventually I'd like one of the better Power Isolator units. The good units will drop the noise floor and take the edge and glare out of the sound but also increase resolution. I also have PS noise harvester led blinker things all over the place to suck up noise and ward off evil spirits.

I am told dedicated powerline is very cost effective as well, but I don't have one in my house yet. I did have one in my childhood bedroom in my parents house though! The electrician thought I was insane.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:59 AM

I haven't decided on the conditioner so I bought the Melco N1ZH to keep the QX 5 company using AQ Diamond Ethernet from the N1 to the QX.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:51 AM

I isolate everything from the wall outlet with my PurePower 3000+ regenerator. It is supplying everything including KX-R Twenty and MX-R Twenty. Never miss a beat. I added in Siltech Ruby Double Crown for my QX-5 and KX-R to give me that "deafening silence" effect.

(Audio)
Old 02-07-2017, 05:24 AM

The reason Im debating if a conditioner would impact my system much is because I already have the whole system on Isolated transformers, wall outlets are AQ Black and each outlet has its own separate ground running to there own 5 meter grounding rod.

If this make sense.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:55 AM

I would bring one in cautiously. Based one what u have and the fact that Ayre already built in their own conditioner you could potentially hurt your sound. What folks don't always realize is how much dynamics can be affected with co conditioning. I am going to move my system back to the original wall where I have 6 isolated power outlets that are AQ blacks also. That never needed a conditioner. I got the SR at a fair price and I needed all 10 outlets. When the integrated is plugged into it, the dynamics are clipped a spec. I spoke with three engineers/designers I'm close with and was told not to use anything other than clean outlet power. All three said a nice but not too expensive power cord is fine. I'm waiting on Garth Powell's soon to be released Niagara series as I loved the prototype's. Nordost makes great power cables too but I've only liked their Odin or Valhalla and they are outrageous to me. I'd get more out of component upgrades at that cost and the new AQ cables may be as good or better. I'll get both in when AQ is released and post
Old 02-08-2017, 05:08 AM

I agree with you CT and think funds are better spent on other items in the audio chain.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:43 AM

Default Ayre QX-5 Twenty First Listen

I disagree. It is critical to have the right conditioning with any gear. It is something you have to try for yourself.

Last edited by Blackstone; 02-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.