AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM

Beautiful, I totally regret selling my Aurieges-L.... Although I do have Leben now which is nice too. Enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM

There seems to be a lot of Shindo love going around. Congratulations!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Congratulations. I had the Aurieges-L for several years before graduating to a Masseto.
The Aurieges is a phenomenal linestage and, in my opinion, the gateway drug for all other Shindo products in how well it shows to the uninitiated how one's focus can be effortlessly and unconsciously shifted from obsessing about the equipment to obsessing about the music.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:11 AM

I have the same experience of tasting the Shindo with the preamplifier first, it really does make a lot of Shindo aroma in the system.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:44 PM

Default New direction

I just introduced an Aurieges L to my system, and they fell in love. Now I want a Montille, and a pair of appropriate speakers. Unfortunately, my stereo system must do double-duty as a HT system. What would be an appropriate speaker for this sort of application. I am limited to spending about $3000. I like the Reference 3a Decapo i, but am not sure if the Montille can do soundtracks without clipping on these speakers.

Help!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM

While I do not own them, Devore speakers are a pretty tried and true match with Shindo and you can pick up a used pair in your price range over at Audiogon. Shindo should also work extremely well with most high efficient speakers.

If it were me I would not use Shindo gear in a HT system. You are dealing with valuable NOS tubes. Why waste them on televison and movies? However if you absolutely have to, you may be better off with a speaker like Devore with multiple drivers as I don't think a SE driver would work well in HT mode (bottom end probably will not provide the requisite impact on movies unless you have a separate sub woofer).

The Aurieges - Montille is a very nice set up . Welcome to the club.
Speakers: Tonian classic 12 (PHY driver) and Hawthorn Audio Trios (Open Baffle). Analog Source: Nottingham Ana-log, Garrard 301. Tonearms: SME 312S, SME M2-12R, Nottingham Unipivot. Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx, Lyra Helikon Mono, Ortofon SPU Classic. Digital Source: Eastern Electric Dac +. Electronics: Shindo Vosne Romane Preamp, 45,2A3,300B,F2a,GM70 SET amps, Atma-sphere S30 OTL, Dynaco ST-70, Shindo Haut-Brion
Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 AM

Congrats CJ, at just 7 months old it is probably perfectly run in for you... very nice.

Graham
Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Melville

Congrats on your new Shindo.
I use an Aurieges / Montille MM DeCapo system for both music and HT. I have never experienced any clipping issues that I know of with the following caveats – I do augment things with a subwoofer (only for movies and crossing over mainly below 40Hz) and I do not listen to movies at silly loud levels - I am not particularly interested in whether the deep bass can move the furniture around in my room. I love what the Shindo brings to my movie experiences, drama and emotion have been heightened considerably. Dialog and music are riveting. I really look forward to watching movies at home – I do not use the HT system for watching TV - THAT would be a waste of tube life . But a good movie on the Shindo – WOW. The DeCapos are a great speaker (I’ve had mine for 10 years – many others have come and gone) The Devores of course would be great too, I’ve only heard them in a showroom, and they are more expensive. I’ve been living with the Shindo and De Capos for a year now and I’ve never been disappointed they are a beautiful combo. For complete disclosure however, I am upgrading the speakers to Shindo Lafites – NOT because I’m unhappy with the DeCapos, but because this just made sense as the next step as part of a long term plan.

Have fun

Doug