AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
Spoken like a true anatomist/pathologist/surgeon!
learned the terms from another aa member. i've been told i dont know my @#$ from the proverbial hole in the ground
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
Spoken like a true anatomist/pathologist/surgeon!
Gary
And I Just assumed he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 PM

Default Adapter Plugs

I use a couple Shunyata adapter plugs in my system and I can absolutely hear no difference! Shunyata's reply "guessing" at a 10% difference is a bunch of Hooey as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve ringler View Post
I use a couple Shunyata adapter plugs in my system and I can absolutely hear no difference! Shunyata's reply "guessing" at a 10% difference is a bunch of Hooey as far as I'm concerned.
I contacted cj for their take on break in time on my lp275. they gave me the same type of response which was 200 hrs was plenty good. I dont think so..
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve ringler View Post
Just because you cannot hear a differance does not mean others cannot hear a differance. There are more variables than just a pair of ears in this scenario.

Now, what I would like to see is Shunyata do a DTCD analysis of a power cable without the adapter, and with the adapter. That would provide meaningfull data for evaluation. Even then if the adapter showed up to a 10% degradation in DTCD that does not necessarilly translate to whether everyone will be able to hear that difference in their system.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Like others I have used two Voo Doo 15 amp to 20 amp IEC adapters for some years. Used between Shunyata Anacondas (15 amp) and Unison Research Reference amps (20 amp) and do not notice any degradation in the sound at all. I tried 20 amp Anacondas but was happy to use the adapters with the 15 amp Anacondas which I already owned.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:24 AM

Have just ordered a couple of Premium Silver IEC adapters from VooDoo cables - "rhodium over silver plated copper etc, etc". These are to replace my standard VooDoo adapters - jeez, why did I do it? I think this thread may just have cost me $300..........
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smp View Post
Have just ordered a couple of Premium Silver IEC adapters from VooDoo cables - "rhodium over silver plated copper etc, etc". These are to replace my standard VooDoo adapters - jeez, why did I do it? I think this thread may just have cost me $300..........
Smp.......It's audio voodoo.

Let us know if you experience any positive changes.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM

I've ordered/received one of the VooDoo Silver 15A to 20A adapters to use with a power cord on order from Audio Excellence AZ. The power cord uses the Oyaide P-/C-004 plug/IEC which doesn't come in a 20A configuration. This way I'll be able to use the power cord both on my sources, integrated amp and on my Shunyata power conditioners.

Smp, I'd be really interested to know if you hear any differences between the standard and the Silver adapters.

Thanks,
Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM

I admit to an impulse buy - I will let you know my findings.

I have never really noticed worthwhile improvements when friends have discarded standard wall plugs for super expensive alternatives from the likes of Furutech and Oyaide etc.so I'm not expecting anything revelatory. I think that solid, quality manufacturing and a nice tight fit with adapters/wall plugs is all one probably needs to avoid a compromised sound quality - like the VooDoo adapters I already have.

We shall see.........