AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audio Research

Audio Research State of the Art Audio Reproduction

Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I also know that Nola speakers are voiced and demoed with Arc REF electronics, whereas one of the amps used by the great Magico wizards is the Constellation line. Therefore, what Priaptor tells us is quite consistent. Nola Baby Grands are also great speakers that I had considered while getting my Q5s. My experience was that the best match for the Nola speakers was either
Ref 610s or 250s. ( 250s were better by far, I did not listen to the 750s yet). However with the Magico Q series the Centaurs rule supreme.
My experience with Q1s are close to a month now.

However, I have owned Micro Grands first then Baby Grands then Baby Grand II for the last 2 years now. My initial amps were the wonderful McIntosh 2301s which I thought were better than the REF 210s. I was fortunate enough to get the REF 250s before just about anyone, tried them in my system and at first blush, I believed the best sounding amp I had ever heard (with the Nolas of course). The McIntosh were sold and I was lucky that McIntosh have such high resale value as I lost little in the transition. I was also fortunate to be one of the first to get my REF 5 upgraded to a REF 5SE which was also amazing.

The point I bring up as others have stated their preferences, we all have the same common thread. It depends upon the speakers you are driving
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post

My experience with Q1s are close to a month now.

However, I have owned Micro Grands first then Baby Grands then Baby Grand II for the last 2 years now. My initial amps were the wonderful McIntosh 2301s which I thought were better than the REF 210s. I was fortunate enough to get the REF 250s before just about anyone, tried them in my system and at first blush, I believed the best sounding amp I had ever heard (with the Nolas of course). The McIntosh were sold and I was lucky that McIntosh have such high resale value as I lost little in the transition. I was also fortunate to be one of the first to get my REF 5 upgraded to a REF 5SE which was also amazing.

The point I bring up as others have stated their preferences, we all have the same common thread. It depends upon the speakers you are driving
Great post.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Hi I have an interesting impression of Japanese reviewers toward many world class amplifiers which is presented in an interesting way. I hope this is not against forum rule. I will create new post somewhere
and put a link here soon. please come back to check.

Toga

OK the link is here

http://www.audioaficionado.org/pre-a...tml#post443805

Last edited by TOGA; 02-12-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klao View Post
Can't really say ARC REF40A and Bryston 28B's are good match, but my Bryston 7B's sound quite OK with the preamp, though the speakers I'm using are certainly not as revealing as the Magico Q3.

I can ask the local dealer to bring the amps for khun TOGA to try.
I have the Bryston 28Bs running with the Ref 40 and I can say with assurance that they make a great pair. The soundstage depth and holographic imaging along with all of the other fabulous attributes of the Ref 40 are well preserved by the Brystons. They are very dynamic and effortless in driving my KEF Reference 207/2s.