AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 11-22-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Wow!!! Incredible set up!! With all these great power cords and signal cables, plus the C1100...it will be music nirvana

I just start my journey with Shunyata. Bought 2 Delta NR from Ivan and waiting for delivery hopefully next week. Plan to connect them to the MC611s, but eventually, will upgrade to Alpha NR for the MC611s, and move the Delta to my Oppo and Surround. I am also looking at the 6000T. The only thing is that it has 6 outlets, of which the bottom 2 outlets are HC for amps and the other 4 are for source components, so it may be tight as I plan to add components later on.

Enjoy your system and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanh
Look for an announcement in January. There may be something just around the corner that may solve your issue.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Look for an announcement in January. There may be something just around the corner that may solve your issue.
Hi Caelin,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought the 6000T. Very excited. Look forward to your products announcement in January; hopefully, this new product is complementary to the 6000T.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanh
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Hi Caelin,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought the 6000T. Very excited. Look forward to your products announcement in January; hopefully, this new product is complementary to the 6000T.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanh
If you need more outlets you can always use a Venom PS8. It gives you 8 more outlets at a very reasonable price without degrading DTCD (instantaneous current). Connect it via one of the HC outlets which gives you substantial noise reduction from the Denali.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
If you need more outlets you can always use a Venom PS8. It gives you 8 more outlets at a very reasonable price without degrading DTCD (instantaneous current). Connect it via one of the HC outlets which gives you substantial noise reduction from the Denali.
Thanks. I plan to connect the Denali to a dedicated 20A line. If I connect the PS8 to the Denali, I think I may need to ensure that the total power from all of my components would not exceed the 20 Amp. Is this correct? Meaning I may connect source components to the extra outlets from the PS8 connected to the Denali, but not additional AMP which requires lot more HC power and hence, may be too much for the dedicated 20 A line.

Thanks again for your insights.

Best,
Thanh
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:18 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Thanks. I plan to connect the Denali to a dedicated 20A line. If I connect the PS8 to the Denali, I think I may need to ensure that the total power from all of my components would not exceed the 20 Amp. Is this correct? Meaning I may connect source components to the extra outlets from the PS8 connected to the Denali, but not additional AMP which requires lot more HC power and hence, may be too much for the dedicated 20 A line.

Thanks again for your insights.

Best,
Thanh
Extremely unlikely you will exceed 20 amps. Unless you have another breakout of the LuFlu.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 11-22-2018, 07:15 PM

Room and equipment look great.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Extremely unlikely you will exceed 20 amps. Unless you have another breakout of the LuFlu.
And the remedy to the LuFlu is.....more gears
Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Hi Caelin,

I have ordered a Denali 6000T, and may add the PS8 and connect it to one of the 2 HC outlets from the Delanli as you suggested to add more outlets. I have some questions on which power cables that best match with the equipment (Power Amps, Surround Processor/Preamp, CD Player, DAC, Streamer).

My understanding is that the Denali has great NR capabilities, so connecting it to the wall outlet (dedicated 20A) with an Alpha NR C19 may not add further benefits; hence it’s better to use Alpha EF C19, or even Delta EF C19. Is there a significant benefit of the Alpha EF vs. Delta EF if I connect it from the Denali to the wall outlet? What would you recommend?

For connecting DACs, CD Player, Streamer and Pre-Amp, my understanding is they would benefit from high transient Power cables, so larger gauge cable like the Alpha serie would greatly benefit these gears (DACs, CD player, Streamer, Pre-amp). Is this correct? If so, would you recommend NR or EF cables?

For connecting power amps (like MC611s, or Bryston 9BST), what would you recommend? NR vs EF? My initial thought for power amps is to use larger gauge, ie Alpha NR C15. In my case, as I plan to connect the amps to the HC outlets of the Denali and/or the PS8 which already benefited from high NR capabilities of the Denali, would it make more sense to select Alpha EF C15? The savings would be directed to more cables

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I much appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.
Thanh

Last edited by btn2803; 11-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Caelin,

I have ordered a Denali 6000T, and may add the PS8 and connect it to one of the 2 HC outlets from the Delanli as you suggested to add more outlets. I have some questions on which power cables that best match with the equipment (Power Amps, Surround Processor/Preamp, CD Player, DAC, Streamer).

My understanding is that the Denali has great NR capabilities, so connecting it to the wall outlet (dedicated 20A) with an Alpha NR C19 may not add further benefits; hence it’s better to use Alpha EF C19, or even Delta EF C19. Is there a significant benefit of the Alpha EF vs. Delta EF if I connect it from the Denali to the wall outlet? What would you recommend?

For connecting DACs, CD Player, Streamer and Pre-Amp, my understanding is they would benefit from high transient Power cables, so larger gauge cable like the Alpha serie would greatly benefit these gears (DACs, CD player, Streamer, Pre-amp). Is this correct? If so, would you recommend NR or EF cables?

For connecting power amps (like MC611s, or Bryston 9BST), what would you recommend? NR vs EF? My initial thought for power amps is to use larger gauge, ie Alpha NR C15. In my case, as I plan to connect the amps to the HC outlets of the Denali and/or the PS8 which already benefited from high NR capabilities of the Denali, would it make more sense to select Alpha EF C15? The savings would be directed to more cables

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I much appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.
Thanh
There are several strategies to connect your equipment. This is what I recommend that you try first.

Use the Venom PS8 to connect all the power amps and sub(s). If you only have a single wall outlet circuit, connect the PS8 directly to the wall with its power cord.

Then, plug the Denali into the same wall duplex but use the second outlet. So, the PS8 will be plugged into the top outlet and the Denali into the bottom outlet.

Plug your source equipment into the Denali outlets. The equipment that you plug into the Denali can use a Delta EF or Alpha EF cable. Remember that the cable that connects the Denali to the wall is critical to overall performance since ALL current to the components flows through this cable.

I would recommend Delta NR or Alpha NR for the amplifiers and subs that connect to the PS8. So one strategy would be to use an Alpha NR to connect the PS8 to the wall. Then, use Delta NRs to each amplifier. For better performance, (at a higher cost) substitute Alpha NRs for the Delta cables. But don’t underestimate the abilities of the Delta cables. They are extremely capable regardless of their modest cost. Read the recent review of the Delta cables in hi-fi+ magazine.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
There are several strategies to connect your equipment. This is what I recommend that you try first.

Use the Venom PS8 to connect all the power amps and sub(s). If you only have a single wall outlet circuit, connect the PS8 directly to the wall with its power cord.

Then, plug the Denali into the same wall duplex but use the second outlet. So, the PS8 will be plugged into the top outlet and the Denali into the bottom outlet.

Plug your source equipment into the Denali outlets. The equipment that you plug into the Denali can use a Delta EF or Alpha EF cable. Remember that the cable that connects the Denali to the wall is critical to overall performance since ALL current to the components flows through this cable.

I would recommend Delta NR or Alpha NR for the amplifiers and subs that connect to the PS8. So one strategy would be to use an Alpha NR to connect the PS8 to the wall. Then, use Delta NRs to each amplifier. For better performance, (at a higher cost) substitute Alpha NRs for the Delta cables. But don’t underestimate the abilities of the Delta cables. They are extremely capable regardless of their modest cost. Read the recent review of the Delta cables in hi-fi+ magazine.
Thanks Caelin for your insights and recommendations.

I have 2 20A lines, so will plug the Denali and PS8 separately to those 2 20A Wall Outlets.

I have also bought a Venom Defender. Would you recommend plugging a Venom defender in each of the 20A wall outlet socket along with the Denali and PS8, or connect the Defender in one of the sockets of the Denali and PS8?

Also, the bottom 2 sockets of the Denali are HC. Can I connect source components to these, or they only designed for Amps?

To recap on cable needs:
* PS8 to 20A wall outlet: Alpha NR (best) or Delta NR
* Denali to 20A wall outlet: Alpha EF (best), or Delta EF (as the Denali has great NR capabilities, I think I would only need EF cables. Is this correct or should I use NR cables to connect the Denali to the Wall outlet?)
* Amps and Sub to PS8: Alpha NR (best) or Delta NR (if I connect the PS8 to the wall outlet using Alpha NR)
* Sources (Pre-Amp, CD Player, Streamer, PS Audio DAC) to Denali: Alpha EF (best) or Delta EF

Thanks again.
Best,
Thanh