AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 09-20-2011, 02:53 PM

I just received my pair off Dussy Jumpers for my MA7000.
Im looking forward to seeing if I hear an improvement
Old 09-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiezaffa View Post
I just received my pair off Dussy Jumpers for my MA7000.
Im looking forward to seeing if I hear an improvement
Mark.......Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 09-20-2011, 06:26 PM

First impressions after an hour of listening are very positive.
To try and put it into perspective, it seems that the music is “lighter”, almost like removing a layer of film between the speakers and my ears.
Fill instruments are more defined but are not being upstaged by the rest of the arrangement.
Dan, for me the “real test” will come in a week.
That’s when I instruct one of my kids to replace the Dussy’s with the original hardware without telling me when they do it. As I listen daily-to the same 5 cd’s as per my wife’s claim-I hope to hear the difference immediately.
Stay tuned…..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 AM

I'm also looking to try a different jumper on my Luxman and was speaking to an audio dealer today that told me I must consider Synergistic Research's jumpers as I would simply be blown away by the difference over stock. Now to be fair to him he's not a Luxman dealer nor Synergistic Research dealer and wasn't offering to sell me a set. I was told these are $500-600 but were well worth the cost. I've gone to Synergistic Research's website but could find no such product.
Of course I'm not done digging but I had to put it out there for the fine members of AA to respond.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM

OK, just received an e-mail from Synergistic Research and was told they me they had made a one off pair of jumpers for a Luxman but it didn't develope into a standard product due to lack of interest. They might be willing/able to make another pair for $400 or so and I'm waiting for confirmation as. At that price part of me thinks skip it, another part of me says go for it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
OK, just received an e-mail from Synergistic Research and was told they me they had made a one off pair of jumpers for a Luxman but it didn't develope into a standard product due to lack of interest. They might be willing/able to make another pair for $400 or so and I'm waiting for confirmation as. At that price part of me thinks skip it, another part of me says go for it!
Synergistic has always made good cables. Did they say how they voice these jumpers towards the Luxman or is it more generic. The cardas look well made. I order the Luxman 590AX a couple of weeks ago so I will be in the market for jumpers soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cardas_RCA_Jumpers.jpg (44.8 KB, 17 views)
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM

John I don't really know and truthfully didn't think to ask that specific question. But once they get back to me I'll let you know. I don't mind spending money if it gets results but like everyone I'm not looking to spend it foolishly either.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas View Post
Synergistic has always made good cables. Did they say how they voice these jumpers towards the Luxman or is it more generic. The cardas look well made. I order the Luxman 590AX a couple of weeks ago so I will be in the market for jumpers soon.
Hi John,

I personally do not believe they are voiced at all, I think they are more generic. I like Cardas cables and would give them a try. What's the cost?

Joe
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Hi John,

I personally do not believe they are voiced at all, I think they are more generic. I like Cardas cables and would give them a try. What's the cost?

Joe
Again, don't have any idea about the "voicing" but the jumper that was made is based their Magnetic Tricon interconnect.

Last edited by DonBattles; 03-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM

I believe anything is better than the stock jumpers.