AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313
I don't have one...I just dig the font. I'm somewhat Shindo-less on the pre front. I had a VR with my Montrachet, but no longer use it. I say somewhat b/c I still have my amazing Aurieges stand alone phono...and my Monty...and an Arome for digital...and the Mr. T. Sadly tho, no pre.
Let's see some photos of your set up!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I don't have one...I just dig the font. I'm somewhat Shindo-less on the pre front. I had a VR with my Montrachet, but no longer use it. I say somewhat b/c I still have my amazing Aurieges stand alone phono...and my Monty...and an Arome for digital...and the Mr. T. Sadly tho, no pre.
What happened to the VR if you don't mind my asking?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
alive and kickin'

hi kev313,
those Pavillon Rouge really would make a nice object to analyze more closely together and share experiences, but Juras seems to have vanished into thin air.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_Jones

Let's see some photos of your set up!!
I will do that.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhesiv View Post
What happened to the VR if you don't mind my asking?
We broke up. It was my fault, not hers. It was a wonderful pre, but I'm at a funny place in life. With little little kids, I find that most of my listening is done late and fairly low volume. With the gain on my amp turned all the way up, I was having trouble controlling the volume - low volume - on the VR. Easily solved, I suppose by adjusting the gain on my amp, but I was annoyed and switched to my backup passive from Jeffrey Jackson. With vinyl as my main source and using my Aurieges phono, I found that I didn't suffer a massive loss of sq - or at least not enough to justify having a mega $ preamp that annoyed me with channel balance at low volume.

Do I regret it? You bet. I regret losing every piece of Shindo that I let go - original Aurieges preamp and Montille and original Sinhonias....I'll learn one day. That said, I think it's important not to take these things too seriously and try to maintain a sense of adventure and have a little fun.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:

We broke up. It was my fault, not hers. It was a wonderful pre, but I'm at a funny place in life. With little little kids, I find that most of my listening is done late and fairly low volume. With the gain on my amp turned all the way up, I was having trouble controlling the volume - low volume - on the VR. Easily solved, I suppose by adjusting the gain on my amp, but I was annoyed and switched to my backup passive from Jeffrey Jackson. With vinyl as my main source and using my Aurieges phono, I found that I didn't suffer a massive loss of sq - or at least not enough to justify having a mega $ preamp that annoyed me with channel balance at low volume.

Do I regret it? You bet. I regret losing every piece of Shindo that I let go - original Aurieges preamp and Montille and original Sinhonias....I'll learn one day. That said, I think it's important not to take these things too seriously and try to maintain a sense of adventure and have a little fun.
Lovely philosophy on both life and audio. I too have a little one in my life...only 18 weeks old now so I totally get the late night listening issue. It's all a journey and like you each piece that comes and goes plays a part in that. I hope she finds her way back into your home someday.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM

I thought I was a rare breed, so I'm happy to share the felling -- I have a 15 month and
a 10 week old girls. So I agree in all senses. Listening time is now a luxury and I have to
enjoy every time while it lasts.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Same her 10 month old son. Less time to listen.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Enjoy the young ones while you can gentlemen, they are precious. You'll have plenty of time to listen once they're on their own...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM

image-1631974037.jpg

Tannoy Yorkminster SE + Montrachet. View from the listening chair shot with my iPhone do sorry for the low quality.