News Local & Worldwide

View Poll Results: Vote if you would like a KEP Speakers Forum
Yes, would love a forum to discuss KEF speakers 18 78.26%
No, why would we want a KEF speakers forum 4 17.39%
What is KEF? 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:48 PM

Since i've been here since the forum opened I have seen all the forums you speak of. I do agree that the ones you've mentioned get little participation, why add another forum that will get as little participation as those.

You've got three people saying they would like a KEF forum, that ought to lead to a great many threads.

If there is a case to be made, Ivan makes them, without this
Old 11-02-2015, 05:52 PM

Well it has not even been a day... and 4-5 have expressed interest. I thought there would be a lot of interest in KEF. They have been a very popular and highly regarded speaker manufacture, but if I am wrong than I am wrong. Sorry....
Old 11-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Go back to those forums that you've already mentioned. Make mention of the forums that have not have any participation for months. That's a strong point in replacing them.

Be calm, be rational, and don't oversell in making your point. You have three people that have expressed interest, and one person who owns KEF, so you can assume interest on his part. That's not a horde of crazy KEF people.

KEF is an excellent speaker that probably deserves more attention on forums, but there's no need for another ghost town.

My opinion only.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:26 PM

Not for nothing, but there are 4 people in this thread expressing interest in KEF, and at least 3 if not all 4 own KEF. In two other recent threads there were at least 16 different people (not counting these 4) expressing interest in KEFs and and at least 5-6 of these stated they owned KEF. This is why I thought it would warrant a KEF forum.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:26 PM

I've been interested in KEF for a while now. A pair of LS50 for a office setup and a JL sub.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC45 View Post
Go back to those forums that you've already mentioned. Make mention of the forums that have not have any participation for months. That's a strong point in replacing them.

Be calm, be rational, and don't oversell in making your point. You have three people that have expressed interest, and one person who owns KEF, so you can assume interest on his part. That's not a horde of crazy KEF people.

KEF is an excellent speaker that probably deserves more attention on forums, but there's no need for another ghost town.

My opinion only.
Just checked the current viewing numbers for Manufacturer forums. Only 10 had more than 50 views, and only 4 more than a 100. AA would be very uninteresting if we follow this advice. Imagine AA only with Mcintosh, Sonus Faber, B&W, and Audio Research....no Thanks then
Old 11-03-2015, 12:20 AM

^^Well said!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 11-03-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Just checked the current viewing numbers for Manufacturer forums. Only 10 had more than 50 views, and only 4 more than a 100. AA would be very uninteresting if we follow this advice. Imagine AA only with Mcintosh, Sonus Faber, B&W, and Audio Research....no Thanks then
You seemed to have missed my point, i'm not surprised.

I said to go back and look at the forums that haven't had much participation because that would be a good reason in replacing one of them to get a new forum.

Just adding another forum that might not get much attention just doesn't make much sense, and it clutters up the form in general. It might also cost Ivan more money, and i'm not a big fan of spending other people's money.

Last edited by KMC45; 11-03-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:44 AM

I would love to see a Kef Forum. I used to own the Kef Ref 207/2's . In the next 3-4 months I will be very seriously looking at the new Kef Ref 5 to replace my Mcintosh XR100's. I also will be getting a pair of Kef M500 Headphones.

I have a copy of KEF: 50 Years of Innovation in Sound which was written by Ken Kessler. ......."If you follow audio at all, then you know KEF: one of the biggest names in loudspeakers, the British manufacturer has been building award-winning designs for… well, look at that, exactly 50 years! To mark the occasion, KEF is released a book that explores the company’s long history, KEF: 50 Years of Innovation in Sound"

......so yes....please open a Kef Forum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 003.jpg (90.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Kef pic 002.jpg (71.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg KEF-BOOK.jpg (57.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg KEF2 003.jpg (60.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg kef_reference_5_3_foundry_editions.jpg (55.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Volks; 11-03-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:19 AM
Racing Hoopties

I do not see any downside to adding a KEF forum and while there may not be a large number of current members saying 'yes', adding it might draw new members to AA.

Adding a forum for a well respected brand such as KEF will not 'clutter' up AA.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Closed Thread