AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 PM

First, I'm glad you are happy with your F6 although, as mentioned before, I don't think your MC speakers are what Nelson Pass had in mind when he designed F6. There's a possibility your MC may not even be reaping all the benefits that F6 has to offer because simply one of them is 85db and the other 20 watts.
I get that F6 is the best sounding amp (just as your ARC a short while ago and SOA before that) and it's made in Nelson's "personal playground", hence must be better, etc. I was just giving you suggestion regarding XA30.5 because it's simply a much more beefier amp than F6 and I suspect it'd give dynamics that only F6 could dream of with your MC. It was never because it was from "commercial line". It simply has more power and grunt (and reputation as well).
I get that you are so happy with F6 and no desire to try others. But it gets a bit confusing when you say FW is better without having heard a single Pass amp (btw Pass has 3 different lines of amps currently in production). I'm not sure what it really achieves dissing Pass except to give self a pet on the back because the amp on your hand is FW and not Pass.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulphoosreal View Post
Sure it is. But when is enough reality enough. Constant searching can get old. Isn't this hobby of ours enjoying the music? I'm sure an exotic sports car is out there that will leave the GTR in the dust. What I'm trying to say is we all have a level of satisfaction that may not be exactly what others think it should be. Don't worry. Be happy [emoji3]

What you said isn't even remotely close to what I was trying to say.
Being happy with one's system is all good (agree that that's what we should strike for) but it can be done without dissing other gears you haven't even heard of.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:09 PM

I don't believe anyone is doing any dissing. I for one searched high and low for equipment that would get me to my version of Audio nirvana. I'm now there. As I believe Randy is also saying. We are just having a discussion. I for one am very happy where I am and I wish you great luck in your journey for audio excellence. That includes all the wonderful equipment out there.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:27 PM

Again, that's not related to what I was saying.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:38 AM

Sorry I'm missing the point. Please explain what you are saying. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 AM

See above.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:08 AM

I said, and continue to believe, that the SOA is a superb amplifier with a ton of power. If this is the type of amplifier you need than it is fantastic. My friend who now has it has an amplifier that fits his needs better.

I continue to believe that the ARC is a great amp. I own it and can switch wires for a change of pace. I believe I even mentioned that two club members came over for an extended comparison. We all agreed that both are fantastic and one preferred the ARC.

Please do not put words in my mouth. I never once said a single thing against Pass (or dissed them) nor even said the Pass or the FW was better. I actually said do not assume one is better than the other because of which line it is distributed under.

Point of fact, I agreed that the MC speakers are not what Nelson had in mind. I also said that I do in fact meet two of his main criteria for people the amp is designed for.

Also, the FW is 25 watts into 8 ohm and 50 into 4 ohm. The Pass is 5 wpc into 8 ohm more. The FW produces more power than I will ever use. I never even push my preamplifier into it's active stage.

I have no idea why you are distorting what we are saying. I respect Pass Labs as a tremendous line designed by an engineer I have respected for many years. Period.

If I had all the money in the world I would most assured try one of their higher models. As it is I am trying to get the best sound I can get for my taste in a budget I can afford.

Last edited by Randy Myers; 04-03-2017 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:28 AM

Default First Watt

If you didn't, we wouldn't be here. All in all, I see no point in continuing this.

Last edited by kzhtoo; 04-03-2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:18 AM

"If you didn't, we wouldn't be here. All in all, I see no point in continuing this."

Wow... simply wow...

You obviously did not read anything I wrote in this thread if you are saying I said anything negative about Pass Labs, or dissed them as you say. Through out this entire discussion I have said nothing but positive things about Pass Labs. If you have read anything other than that then you really should read it again or more carefully. I do not appreciate your putting words in my mouth either, because I respect Nelson Pass and all of his products throughout his career.

I did noticed earlier in the thread you tried picking a fight with other forums members. I believe at least three members in this thread alone. Not sure what you are trying to prove but I personal believe you should actually read what others write and not make conclusions that are not there.

And yes, you have made one accurate statement. There is no point in continuing responding to your posts. We were having an excellent discussions until you started making statements and assumptions with no basis.

Last edited by Randy Myers; 04-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:54 PM

This is like days of our lives