AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 01-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
Craig, looks fantastic.
Thanks Paul. These pics may already be posted here but I thought I would finally put up a systems thread - never got one started when I first began this two year journey. I will retroactively add more photos to show the evolution later.

It started in an unfinished / unheated room with the Infinities. My first purchase was the MC352 followed fairly quickly by the C2300. That lead to cables, racks and a decision to finish the room and make it a dedicated 2 channel room. Those early days had me wrapped in blankets as there was no heat. While I was finishing the room, I found a nice set of Infinity IRS Betas, dream speakers for me. That forced me to buy the MC452 as they need two stereo amplifiers. A GIK kit, more cables, a short stint with a Marantz SACD player, the purchase of the Silenzio and a K03. More cables... A new K03X and then the Stradivari and finally two MC275VIs. It has been a busy couple of years. Lots of positive purchases and sales to fellow AA'ers along the way and a continuing bout of LuFlu. I just can't seem to shake it.

The room now looks like a museum with covers on the speakers and sheets covering everything else - resting while my wife and I try our hand at being snowbirds.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by -E- View Post
Don't worry, Jim. It's been a longstanding chuckle between us since the Cape Event.
+1
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 01-14-2016, 05:37 AM

Craig, Fantastic system and room, must be sheer bliss.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 AM

Happy feet for sure... Great room... Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:02 AM

Great looking set up Craig. .. Nice!!
Quite a journey you've had.
Love hearing background stories ...
Enjoy your snow bird days my friend!
Old 01-14-2016, 10:41 AM

What a beautiful setup and system!
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Greetings from NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -E- View Post
Don't worry, Jim.

It's been a longstanding chuckle between us since the Cape Event.
I was just messing with you. I got the humor.
Two Channel: McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 amps x2, MR88 tuner, MEN220; Esoteric K-03X; Aurender N100C 4TB; B&W 802D2 Diamonds, JL Audio F113V2 x 2 on Sound Anchor Sub Stands; VPI Classic Signature Piano Black, Ortofon Cadenza Black, VPI SDS, periphery ring, StillPoints center weight, Gingko Audio ClaraVu Dust Cover CT, KAB SpeedStrobe, Dr. Feickert Analogue Protractor; Sonos with W4S digital modification to W4S Remedy to Esoteric; W4S PS1 Linear Power unit for the 2x Remedy and Recovery w/ W4S PS1 Power Cord; Torus RM20; Wireworld Silver Series 7 Electra/Starlight/Eclipse cables and WW Platinum Power Cord for Amps and Platinum USB for Aurender; KLAUDIO RCM; Steve Blinn Designs extra wide three shelf rack; GIK Acoustics panels and bass traps, StillPoints Ultra Minis under all gear and Stillpoint Ultra SS under amps and speakers.
Home Theater 7.2: McIntosh MX150, MC452, MC207; B&W 803D2 Diamonds, HTM2 center, CWM7.3 surrounds; JLAudio F112 x2 subs; Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65" Studio Master Plasma; Oppo 205; Crown FM Two Tuner; Sonos with W4S Remedy; Apple TV; Furman Elite 20 amp PFi x2; WW and AQ Cables/Cords; Salamander Synergy Four Bay Cabinet
Office 2ch with McIntosh vintage refurbished gear: McIntosh MC275V6 x2 tube amps; Klipsch Cornwall I vintage speakers (1982); AQ Dragonfly Red DAC/Jitterbug/cables; PS Audio Dectet Power Center; Mcintosh C28, MC2105, MR78 (with mod), MQ101, each with original walnut cabinet and panloc (1976), MCD7008 (1996), ML1C speakers (1976); Bang & Olufsen Beogram 4002 turntable (1976) with new SoundSmith SMMC20CL cartridge (2015); Salamander double rack
Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM

Craig-

Good listening to you on a great set-up!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:36 AM

Can't the speakers be far apart a little more. Such huge speakers so close to each other. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_david View Post
Can't the speakers be far apart a little more. Such huge speakers so close to each other. Thanks.
Great question. It is all about compromises I am making because of room dimensions.

My room has a fairly short height (7.5') which brings a strong resonance at around 29hz that is very difficult to balance.

So far, I have prioritized getting the bass right with 'as good as I can' staging as the bass is very difficult to get right in my room. Certainly there is more to extract in terms of staging.

I know my vintage system here in SC has incredible staging, much better than this room but I have better dimensions to work with. It is an easy comparison for me as I am listening to the same music and hearing different placements of instruments, a more locked in center, and overall, a much bigger and wider stage.

But I miss the sweetness/voicing of the Strads and can't wait to get back North to work on further optimization - getting my MC275VI amplifiers broken in is a part of that as well as the distance of the Strads are apart and their rake.