AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 04-27-2018, 12:51 PM

Default Upgraded my jumper plates.

It's worth it.
I upgraded my stock jumper plates to cardas rhodium plated copper. I'm not going to comment on these. I've had them in to long to remember how they sounded compared to OEM.
I swapped my cardas jumpers to demo 2 different nordost jumper cables. Their entry level jumper cable was night and day better than the cardas plates. I'm listening to the reference jumpers too. The difference between the two nordost is smaller, I can't hear the difference every song, but some songs it does make a difference.

I'll be keeping the Nordost reference speaker jumpers on my SF O3.
I'm surprised I could hear a difference honestly.
I'm getting a better focused soundstage which I never thought I'd pick up.
Nordost to cardas it's just more clear.
Nordost to Nordost reference has a slightly different tone. The human voice is a little louder on some songs, and on other's I can't hear the difference in the voice.

One thing I disliked with O3 is that it in my home the sound can be bright, and on a song recorded to bright can be painfully irritating. So many improvements are shaping the sound of my O3s back to perfection.
Olympica 3 sounds great in every showroom, and much less satisfying in my basement living room. While I still need to supplement these with giant subs for a giant room I'm really happy now.

Going from low cost/low tier AQ cables to high end Nordost loom really tamed the highs or distortion I was hearing in the highs. These jumpers really took it one big step further. I really underestimated these.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:07 PM

I agree. I also own the 3’s. My system is similar in that I have a Mac powering the speakers. I found Nordost to be a really awesome match.

When I purchased my speakers and amp (McIntosh 8900 Integrated) my dealer lent me a pair of bi-wired Kubala-Sosna Emotion cables, which I found to be ok. Although they are really heavy. I ended up ordering Nordost Blue Heaven cables with Norse 2 jumpers. My dealer had the Reference jumpers but recommended the Norse 2. Everything has settled in and I don’t think I could be happier with the pairing.

In my room I haven’t had any problems with brightness or lack of bass. I’m getting a really nice wide and 3D soundstage with a well balanced sound. I also noticed that the Nordost brought the voice higher and a little more up front compared to the KS.