AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Lamm

Lamm Bringing you the magic of music

Old 09-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
I completely understand. The person selling the pair of amps near you, will they let you live with them for a short time – perhaps with some contingencies? I can assure you, these amps are built like tanks and are expected to virtually last forever. So yes, if you can find a good set, you'll be satisfied long term.
No the seller will not be able to accomodate this. To be fair to him he lives in New Delhi which is 2000 miles from me in Hyderabad, so even transporting these heavy amps. (though he has the original boxes) via courier services (Both Fedex and UPS are here but their service is usually a hit and miss affair) is fraught with risk. One option for me is to fly down there and audition them myself but I am waiting for some response from Lamm on authentication of the serial # after which I will decide if this is worth my time.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 09-30-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smp View Post
Hi Sid,

Sorry to learn of the condition issue - assume they are the pair in New Deli - agree a very enticing price. I also agree with the saint519's comments. I am in Perth, Australia and Singapore is a short hop for me - I stop off there quite frequently when travelling to Europe and have gone on a vinyl/CD buying trip a few years ago and know the audio scene over there quite well. Singaporean audiophiles generally seem to be fastidious in maintaining their equipment, however second hand prices over there are relatively high compared to the US and AUS.

Hope you can find what you are seeking.
Yes Smp it is the same pair. I am waiting for some confirmation from Lamm on the serial no. of these units and also if they actually did come in for a complete service 4 years ago as claimed by the seller. If so then I may consider the pair. If not I will look towards Singapore.
BTW thank you both Smp and the saint519 for your thoughts on this. Highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 09-30-2015, 10:36 PM

I got a reply back from Elina Lamm on the age of these amplifiers. They were sold in Singapore in December 2001 (the seller did confirm that he bought them in Singapore). However that puts their age closer to 14 years than 12 years as claimed by seller. So based on this info. and the fact that they are no where close to mint, I will sit this one out.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvee View Post
I got a reply back from Elina Lamm on the age of these amplifiers. They were sold in Singapore in December 2001 (the seller did confirm that he bought them in Singapore). However that puts their age closer to 14 years than 12 years as claimed by seller. So based on this info. and the fact that they are no where close to mint, I will sit this one out. Cheers, Sid
So sorry to hear that. Have you seen detailed pictures of these amps?
Old 10-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
So sorry to hear that. Have you seen detailed pictures of these amps?
They are on Agon listed at $4K. Pics are there.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
They are on Agon listed at $4K. Pics are there.
Yes there are 2 pics. shown. No detailed pics. though i.e; all sides, top etc. I did request the seller for these but he has not responded.
Anyways the search will continue. I am in touch with the Singapore dealer to alert me to any potential deals on used amps.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvee View Post
Yes there are 2 pics. shown. No detailed pics. though i.e; all sides, top etc. I did request the seller for these but he has not responded. Anyways the search will continue. I am in touch with the Singapore dealer to alert me to any potential deals on used amps. Cheers, Sid
I'd be a little leery because the seller has zero feedback, and $4k is WAY low for these amps. In this instance, you could use www.escrow.com. I've used it on all my big ticket items like my Lamm L2 & my Lamm M1.2s. The money goes to a secure account, then escrow.com sends an email to the seller to ship items, you receive the items and "test" said items to verify they're in good working order, seller agrees to the amount of evaluating time, if you're satisfied - you release the funds to the seller. If not, you return the items. I love this service. And no, I'm not employed by neither do I benefit in any way from this recommendation.