AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 11-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Cool

Nice! Thanks for posting. I got a different brochure that is more technical from Mr. Suzuki, VP of Accuphase. So, it's nice to have both!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:26 PM

DC-37 brochure (Japanese only for the moment) on the web.

http://www.accuphase.co.jp/cat/dc-37.pdf

update 12-12-2014:
DC-37 brochure in English on the web:

http://www.accuphase.com/cat/dc-37_e.pdf

Last edited by meltemi; 12-12-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-19-2014, 02:50 AM

From now on my Accuphase Reference System is also going analog.

Received my C-37.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:58 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
From now on my Accuphase Reference System is also going analog.

Received my C-37.
How is it?
Old 12-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
How is it?
Simply divine!

Hardly out of the box, the first comments of three newly bred owners (including myself) independently of each other were practically the same:
"Never heard analog as good as this in my whole life."

And I just listened to a few not yet washed albums using my 20 year old Shure V15 V MR (!).
I can barely imagine, what will happen, once I'll have washed my LPs (with an Audiodesksysteme Vinyl Cleaner) and mounted my AC-5.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Simply divine!

Hardly out of the box, the first comments of three newly bred owners (including myself) independently of each other were practically the same:
"Never heard analog as good as this in my whole life."

And I just listened to a few not yet washed albums using my 20 year old Shure V15 V MR (!).
I can barely imagine, what will happen, once I'll have washed my LPs (with an Audiodesksysteme Vinyl Cleaner) and mounted my AC-5.

Cool! Sounds great! I'd say you're in for a treat.

Are you running the C-37 xlr balanced to the preamp or rca single ended?

Which loading sounds best with your Shure cartridge?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Cool! Sounds great! I'd say you're in for a treat.

Are you running the C-37 xlr balanced to the preamp or rca single ended?

Which loading sounds best with your Shure cartridge?

Thanks!
C-37 settings for the Shure V15 V MR are: MM, 47kOhms, Gain: off, Filter: off

For the moment, I use the Accuphase RCA SR series (ASL) cables, which were delivered with the C-37.

And, all analog freaks please stop reading any further, since I use a DG-58 for room correction, the signal is not fed to a preamp but to an ADC first (choices are: professional dCS 904, professional Nagra VI, including digital recording, or DG-58). The corrected signal at the output of the DG-58 is then converted back to analog (choices are: DC-901, professional dCS 954, professional Nagra VI or DG-58). A professional ZSys 8x8 Digital Detangler is used for signal routing. Just for listening, the DG-58 alone will do; no professional equipment required.
The current sample rate is 24/96, but sample rates up to 24/192 (24/176,4 for the DG-58) would be possible.
(For stereo recording only the dCS gear could even do DSD, but you'd need 8x 16/44.1 4 AES) or 6x 24/44.1 (3 AES) with all channels absolutely bit synchronous).
The resulting sound? Pure music!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:21 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
C-37 settings for the Shure V15 V MR are: MM, 47kOhms, Gain: off, Filter: off

For the moment, I use the Accuphase RCA SR series (ASL) cables, which were delivered with the C-37.

And, all analog freaks please stop reading any further, since I use a DG-58 for room correction, the signal is not fed to a preamp but to an ADC first (choices are: professional dCS 904, professional Nagra VI, including digital recording, or DG-58). The corrected signal at the output of the DG-58 is then converted back to analog (choices are: DC-901, professional dCS 954, professional Nagra VI or DG-58). A professional ZSys 8x8 Digital Detangler is used for signal routing. Just for listening, the DG-58 alone will do; no professional equipment required.
The current sample rate is 24/96, but sample rates up to 24/192 (24/176,4 for the DG-58) would be possible.
(For stereo recording only the dCS gear could even do DSD, but you'd need 8x 16/44.1 4 AES) or 6x 24/44.1 (3 AES) with all channels absolutely bit synchronous).
The resulting sound? Pure music!
Ok, thanks for the info!

That sounds about right for an MM. But why no subsonic filter? Does it roll off the bass too much?

And those are the top of the line Accuphase cables. I wouldn't have guessed they would be included in the unit but rather the OFC cable would. Does anyone know if the cables are included in the US/Canada units?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
That sounds about right for an MM. But why no subsonic filter? Does it roll off the bass too much?
It's a subsonic filter (10Hz / -12dB octave; check the specs in the brochure), which may be needed to be activated with subwoofers. But my speakers do not go that far down ("only" about 24Hz). And as a general rule I leave filters switched off, as long as I don't consider them to be necessary. For the moment, thats the case.

Quote:
And those are the top of the line Accuphase cables. I wouldn't have guessed they would be included in the unit but rather the OFC cable would. Does anyone know if the cables are included in the US/Canada units?
Wherever the Accuphase brochures say "Supplied accessories: Audio cables with plugs (1m)" there will be a pair of RCA (never XLR) cables included everywhere in the world.
With top of the line sources (i.e. C-3800, DC-901, C-37 and DG-58) their top cable was included. As far as I remember, the DG-48 only came with the OFC cable.
I cannot tell you what cables you will get with smaller Accuphase units (preamps and sources). The brochures don't specify the exact model of the cables supplied.
No cables with integrated amps.

Last edited by meltemi; 12-21-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's a subsonic filter (10Hz / -12dB octave; check the specs in the brochure), which may be needed to be activated with subwoofers. But my speakers do not go that far down ("only" about 24Hz). And as a general rule I leave filters switched off, as long as I don't consider them to be necessary. For the moment, thats the case.

Wherever the Accuphase brochures say "Supplied accessories: Audio cables with plugs (1m)" there will be a pair of RCA (never XLR) cables included everywhere in the world.
With top of the line sources (i.e. C-3800, DC-901, C-37 and DG-58) their top cable was included. As far as I remember, the DG-48 only came with the OFC cable.
I cannot tell you what cables you will get with smaller Accuphase units (preamps and sources). The brochures don't specify the exact model of the cables supplied.
No cables with integrated amps.
Ok, thanks, that makes sense. And thank you for the info regarding the cables.