AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 01-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Default New Shindo Pre Amp

Just seen a little FB post from Pitch Perfect, I'll leave the real pictures to the excellent lens of Matt himself, but as a teaser.....

Old 01-25-2014, 12:03 PM

Congrats John ! ( Is John your first name right ? )

A shindo preamp will let you dive in the music like few other things can. And your Snappers will say thank you !
Waiting for the pics....
Old 01-25-2014, 12:17 PM

Jerome....while it sounds right up my street budget wise, I'm just passing on the info I saw via Pitch Perfect's FB page just now The last year saw so many changes in my hifi that my bank manager (aka mrs magoo ) would possibly kill me if I order anything else for a while

I follow Matt's page (and his web site) even as a non Shindo owner, not least because I love his photography! And you are I'm certain correct, a Shindo pre would make those Snappers reach new heights One day!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Jerome....while it sounds right up my street budget wise, I'm just passing on the info I saw via Pitch Perfect's FB page just now The last year saw so many changes in my hifi that my bank manager (aka mrs magoo ) would possibly kill me if I order anything else for a while

I follow Matt's page (and his web site) even as a non Shindo owner, not least because I love his photography! And you are I'm certain correct, a Shindo pre would make those Snappers reach new heights One day!
Oh sorry then, I misunderstood your post. One day !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
One day !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Indeed!

This pre will apparently sit between the Aurieges & Monbrison models, MM phono & 3 line inputs & called "Partarger".
Old 01-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Presumably this is an updated version, including gold 'portico', as there are several past references to the Shindo Partarger, for example.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
Presumably this is an updated version, including gold 'portico', as there are several past references to the Shindo Partarger, for example.
JH commented on the FB thread that "It's a re-use of an old Shindo name", but it seems like a brand new pre amp.

Hmm, after looking at the pics & the date in your post, there does seem a striking similarity.......JH did also say however... "Serial number 1 playing with a pair of D'Yquem, Auditorium 23 Hommage T1, Auditorium 23 cabling, Mr. T and Shindo Player System... Sounds amazing."

Last edited by magoo; 01-25-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
JH commented on the FB thread that "It's a re-use of an old Shindo name", but it seems like a brand new pre amp.
Understandable ... it occupies the same slot in the preamp hierarchy as it's predecessor:

'The Shindo preamplifier line begins with the Aurieges at $3,800 and tops off with the Petrus III at $44,800. Between the Aurieges and the $7,800 Monbrison sit both the Partager and Mazaeris Bellevus at $5,800. The Mazaeris is line level only, both Aurieges and Partager MM only. Between the Monbrison and the Petrus III reside the Allegro at $11,800, the Catherine at $17,800 and the Giscours at $22,800. Halpern's apparent preference for prices ending in $800 bears further psychological investigation.' (6 Moons, Feb 2004).
Old 01-25-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Understandable ... it occupies the same slot in the preamp hierarchy as it's predecessor:

'The Shindo preamplifier line begins with the Aurieges at $3,800 and tops off with the Petrus III at $44,800. Between the Aurieges and the $7,800 Monbrison sit both the Partager and Mazaeris Bellevus at $5,800. The Mazaeris is line level only, both Aurieges and Partager MM only. Between the Monbrison and the Petrus III reside the Allegro at $11,800, the Catherine at $17,800 and the Giscours at $22,800. Halpern's apparent preference for prices ending in $800 bears further psychological investigation.' (6 Moons, Feb 2004).
tonyd

In Japan 8 is rather considered a lucky number.

So far these 800 Lucky.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Did you check the PPA website prior to posting? It is clearly a new product announcement. That would've been easier than digging up an old Agon ad.