AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 12-02-2017, 02:27 PM

and mine feeds my Denali 6000/S which in turn feeds everything else in my kit except for my amps.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:30 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
Is there any benefit to using a Venom HC over a Venom 14 for equipment that does not draw high current (e.g., DAC, headphone amp)?

Thanks
Nope.
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion & Rega P5/Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II w/ EAR324P, Clearaudio Concept/Grado Sonata1 mono 2w/ EAR 834P, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Schiit Eitr USB/SPDIF convertor, Mac Mini/Roon, Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, DNM speaker cables, Audioquest Colombia and Colorado ICs, Shunyata Zitron and Black Mamba CX power cords, Shunyata Triton
Old 12-03-2017, 12:58 PM

Nice to hear. I’m hoping for a Schitty Christmas and if that ends up being the case, the 14s will save me a couple of bucks.
Bryston BDP-2-->Bryston BDA-2-->Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Integreted Amp. Oppo BDP-105D. Power: PS Audio P5, WW Silver Electra, WW Aurora. IC: WW Eclipse RCA, WW Equinox RCA. Digital: WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB

Bedroom System (Headphones)
Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w Channel Island PS)-->Centrance DX DAC/Amp. Beyerdynamic T5p (Moon-Audio Black Dragon), Audeze LCD-XC, HiFiMan HE-500

Travel Survival Kit
Astell & Kern AK120-->Centrance Mini-M8 DAC/Amp and ALO Audio Continental (tube) Amp. Shure se535 Ltd with Moon-Audio Silver Dragon wiring, Beyerdynamic T70P with clear Pilot earpads.

Mall Survival Kit (1 wife, 2 daughters: you can only avoid the mall for so long)
AK120, iPod Classic 160, iPod Touch 64-->Ray Samuels Audio Shadow Amp. Shure se535Ltd, Monster Cable Copper Turbine Pro, iPad Mini
Old 12-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Vintage 56

In my case it is replaced two Isotek Extrem by two Sigmas, and two Isotek Elite by two Alfa. The change, for me, has been extraordinary, I guess the price is much higher.
Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 Network Player + Keneth Lau PSU /Audio Research Ref 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo/ Rockport Atria / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cable, Neutral Audio (XLR and RCA), Shunyata Denali 6000T, Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini/Entreq Silver Product
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 AM
It's not just the music!

I was playing around with an app on my iPhone that included a Magnetometer. Interesting that when I took measurements over the Shunyata power cord, it actually measures no more than the ambient room reading of 42.77 uT. Reading the other power cords I have at hand is almost double at 74 uT when driving the same component. Even the interconnects in that same component, in this case the Bryston BHA-1, read much higher at 61uT.

Sennheiser HD600, HD650, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow, Focal Elear, Focal Utopia. Violectric V281, Bryston BHA-1, Schiit Asgard 2, Schiit Valhalla 2, Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 AM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I was playing around with an app on my iPhone that included a Magnetometer. Interesting that when I took measurements over the Shunyata power cord, it actually measures no more than the ambient room reading of 42.77 uT. Reading the other power cords I have at hand is almost double at 74 uT when driving the same component. Even the interconnects in that same component, in this case the Bryston BHA-1, read much higher at 61uT.
Yes, the Shunyata cord is very well-shielded. It prevents EM noise from getting our, and noise from other components or cords getting in.

How is it sounding?
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion & Rega P5/Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II w/ EAR324P, Clearaudio Concept/Grado Sonata1 mono 2w/ EAR 834P, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Schiit Eitr USB/SPDIF convertor, Mac Mini/Roon, Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, DNM speaker cables, Audioquest Colombia and Colorado ICs, Shunyata Zitron and Black Mamba CX power cords, Shunyata Triton
Old 12-07-2017, 02:13 AM
It's not just the music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Yes, the Shunyata cord is very well-shielded. It prevents EM noise from getting our, and noise from other components or cords getting in.

How is it sounding?
Very good actually. Improved quite a bit over the last few days.

Sennheiser HD600, HD650, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow, Focal Elear, Focal Utopia. Violectric V281, Bryston BHA-1, Schiit Asgard 2, Schiit Valhalla 2, Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Dave, I don't mind if you add your thoughts here. It's all good. We are all together in this crazy hobby of ours.
Ok Serge........I've waited till I got settled in with the new 'toys', got Momma qualified as to switching out cables without destroying my kit and here's what I've come up with 'so far'.

The comparison was done blind with my wife making the PC swap while I was out of the room. From my listening chair I cannot see the PC to my Denali 6000. I had no idea which PC (Shyunata or Signal Cable) was inserted to start, came in listened to a couple of pieces I know very well (Mangione's 'Children of Sanchez' and BeeGie Adair's 'Escape to New York'), left the room, cables switched, listened again.

This whole experiment took a couple of hours and with that I report back that I heard no difference, zero, zip, nada. What's interesting is my wife, knowing all along what cable was in but not really knowing what the comparison was trying to determine could not discern anything different as well. When I told her of the price differential is when she proclaimed that, 'we' are all a bunch 'wackos'.

I couldn't argue with her .........
Old 12-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Ok Serge........I've waited till I got settled in with the new 'toys', got Momma qualified as to switching out cables without destroying my kit and here's what I've come up with 'so far'.

The comparison was done blind with my wife making the PC swap while I was out of the room. From my listening chair I cannot see the PC to my Denali 6000. I had no idea which PC (Shyunata or Signal Cable) was inserted to start, came in listened to a couple of pieces I know very well (Mangione's 'Children of Sanchez' and BeeGie Adair's 'Escape to New York'), left the room, cables switched, listened again.

This whole experiment took a couple of hours and with that I report back that I heard no difference, zero, zip, nada. What's interesting is my wife, knowing all along what cable was in but not really knowing what the comparison was trying to determine could not discern anything different as well. When I told her of the price differential is when she proclaimed that, 'we' are all a bunch 'wackos'.

I couldn't argue with her .........
Just for kicks, you should have had her add the stock cord into the comparison.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
Just for kicks, you should have had her add the stock cord into the comparison.
No could do, for there is none with the Denali.