AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 01-30-2017, 07:14 PM

Default C2600....

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superio...ier_Review.htm

"Any owner of a McIntosh C2600 will be too busy enjoying music through this preamplifier. For a lifetime and longer."

Old 01-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all

George.......Thanks for the link. That was fun read.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 01-30-2017, 08:21 PM
Bun E. Carlos

ZERO regrets with mine.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:43 PM

Smile Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
ZERO regrets with mine.
I agree.

Mine sounds heavenly.

I'm really impressed with the DAC. It plays all kinds of files, including DSD at a superb level.

I have to add that Redbook (CD's) are truly brought to life with this unit. Better than my previous unit a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC II.

The phono stage is amazing too. I replaced an Audio Research PH6 that is no slouch and this beats it. So I agree with the reviewer there too.

Enjoy the music.

Mcintosh MX-151, C2600, MP1100, MC452 and MC205. SALK Streamer III Galibier Stelvio II turntable with Durand Kairos w/ Lyra Kleos and Abis 1.2 w/ Koetsu Black tonearms, Salk Song3 A fronts, Song 3 CC, Vapor Breeze Rears and 2 15" Rhythmic Subs Epson Projector

Last edited by Paret; 01-31-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:55 PM

Thanks for posting.
Very happy with mine!
Old 01-31-2017, 06:59 PM

Nice review, I'd imagine we are approaching diminishing returns in terms of DACs. I can see a C2600 in my future as I believe the difference between today's DACs and those from 10 years ago will be a bigger delta between today's DACs and 10 years from now. But who knows for sure?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:12 AM

Hey guys...I am a fairly new owner of a C47. Along with a MC452 and GoldenEar Triton 1's. Got some other stuff as well. Sony HAP 1-ZES HDD Music player; VPI Classic Sig TT with Cadenza Blue MC; an AVR for home theater stuff. All purchased within the past 8 months or so. The c47 and MC452 for about 5 months.

Sounds wonderful. Kind of have an upgrade itch and curious about the c2600. Thoughts? What would this tube preamp do to my setup? Never owned anything tube related. My Dad did way back in the day. Listening habits are well rounded. Less true Rock tho. Love the 70's stuff with James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt. Fleetwood Mac. Old stuff brought back to life with hi rez downloads and vinyl releases.

Gosh I have a ton of film scores. Love classical. And yet have discovered some jammin blues and jazz. LOL did I leave anything out? McIntosh has an upgrade-trade up program.

Really would like some thoughts from you seasoned McIntosh owners...Thanks in advance.

-Tim
Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Tim-

Welcome to this forum. You'll find a lot of good information here from many knowledgeable folks.

First of all, you have a great system. Switching to a tube pre-amp will change the sound that to my ears in my experiences is immediately noticeable and more desirable. Simply put, I find it smoother and will leave it at that.

Bear in mind, the C47 is "no slouch!" It is most important to listen to a C47 and then a 2600 connected to a 452. Your ears may prefer the solid state sound. Some folks feel listening to tubes is like "placing a blanket over their speakers."

Should you find a real desire to change, your dealer may work some sort of swap deal as your C47 is so new.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Very nice review! Thanks for posting
Old 02-07-2017, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Tim-

Welcome to this forum. You'll find a lot of good information here from many knowledgeable folks.

First of all, you have a great system. Switching to a tube pre-amp will change the sound that to my ears in my experiences is immediately noticeable and more desirable. Simply put, I find it smoother and will leave it at that.

Bear in mind, the C47 is "no slouch!" It is most important to listen to a C47 and then a 2600 connected to a 452. Your ears may prefer the solid state sound. Some folks feel listening to tubes is like "placing a blanket over their speakers."

Should you find a real desire to change, your dealer may work some sort of swap deal as your C47 is so new.
Thx John! Excellent advice...I plan on getting in touch with Magnolia (where I purchased the c47) and request a demo. In my home

Thx for the welcome as well.