AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 11-10-2018, 03:00 PM

I know the gentleman who purchased the Relentless I heard has placed his order for a pair of WAMM's. I am hoping at some point I will get to hear this pairing.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Yes, Wilson Alexx. I definitely had a good time, thanks for posting, Tony.

I was just a little underwhelmed by the Relentless, but it's more about the room than the product in my opinion. That room is way too small to let the Relentless loose. It's like buying a ferrari in only driving it in your driveway.

I'm sure it would be way more impressive in the right room. I've heard momentums several times in the same room/system at Definitive and I think the momentums are close to what I heard last night.

That being said, great time, great company, and Dan is looking really good. I asked him if he's been working out with lifting Relentless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I completely agree. The Alexx is a very sensitive speaker. The room you described probably only required a few watts. How much difference can there be between a Momentum and a Relentless at a few watts? The Relentless needs a WAMM in a very large room or a very inefficient hard to drive speaker to really shine IMO. They are very beautiful. I noticed no power conditioners and I assume conventional 20 amps lines. Again if I were buying these amps (which I would not ever remotely consider) I would have to have 240 volts. Thank you all for sharing. I am a big Dag fan but from afar.

Questions: Can anything ever top these amps? Will they not be the best forever? What amp can compare to them? I'm aware of almost all the super amps and nothing I've seen comes close. Also will there be a matching preamp/DAC? I appreciate you allowing me to kibitz on the Dag site.
First, please don't assume what size room a WAMM does or does not need. WAMM is quite versatile in where it will go thanks to the precise timing capability, dispersion characteristics, and by far the most versatile implementation of the cross flow port we've ever achieved. I have heard WAMM sound spectacular in a wide variety of rooms. There are some parameters where the smaller rooms can sound better than the larger rooms.

Second, having heard Relentless in different rooms and on more than the WAMM, I believe it is a mistake to think that it's greatest attributes will be at the top of the power scale. In fact, it has always been the natural density, weight, and scale at the lowest levels that have made Relentless way more special than I ever expected (and I expected quite a bit!). Needless to say at the top end of dynamic scale, Relentless is also way better than a simple power rating would suggest.