AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 01-21-2021, 06:27 AM

Default No worries mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Serge, certainly a healthy approach if you can no longer hear the difference or it’s not worth it to you. By the way, “profound” would not be my choice of words. I experienced a positive difference which was worth the investment, but not “profound.”

Probably best to let Mitch’s thread get back on track, my apologies for derailing it a bit. Be glad to continue the dialog with you offline via pm.
Anton—no worries over the subject matter on this thread broadening into other issues...I really appreciate the experience of others.

I can be mildly obsessive in stuff now since I’m retired and made some good financial decisions throughout my life. Guitars, Murano glass, world travel for photography, and the latest, an orchid garden. This is the only window in my house that gets an appreciable amount of direct sunlight - the main axis of the house runs almost due East, and orchids thrive in that position. My GF is an orchid whisperer and has around 20 in her house, and gifted me the ones I have now.

I might build a stand the width of the window and ditch the individual pedestals, but for now I just water them once a week, talk to them nicely, and feed them a steady diet of high quality tunes...I guess I need to work some classical into the playlist...

Mitch
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 61D2A18E-9D33-40BF-9040-291DF8848BD5.jpeg (2.97 MB, 58 views)
File Type: jpeg CD66FE8B-AF49-4CC6-9F86-6AC14A17A452.jpeg (1.94 MB, 50 views)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:17 AM

After some thought and advice from y’all, this will be the system configuration after some recent purchases arrive. Continued suggestions/comments certainly welcome. Thanks to our host, I will be auditioning a set of Wireworld Platinum XLRs to replace the Stealth Indra V7s between the preamp and the amps. I think I already know how that is gonna turn out...

COMPONENTS
D’Agostino Momentum HD preamp
D’Agostino Momentum 300 mono amps (x2)
dCS Vivaldi DAC
dCS Vivaldi Upsampler
dCS Vivaldi clock
Shunyata 6000V2 power conditioner
Wilson Sasha DAW speakers
JL Audio Fathom 113 subwoofers (x2)
QNAP TS-251 NAS (10 TB storage, 8 gb RAM)
Netgear GS308 eight port unmanaged Ethernet switch
MacMini

INTERCONNECTS
Preamp to amps. Stealth Indra V7 XLR
Preamp to subs. Stealth Swift XLR
Preamp to DAC. Stealth Sakra XLR
Upsampler to DAC. Nordost Valhalla 2 AES/EBU
Clock to DAC. Stealth Octava BNC (44.1 hz) and Nordost Valhalla 1 BNC (48 hz)
Clock to Upsampler. Stealth Octava BNC (44.1 hz) and Nordost Valhalla 1 BNC (48 hz)
Macmini to DAC. Stealth USB
Wall to Ethernet switch. Audioquest Diamond
Ethernet switch to DAC. Audioquest Diamond
Ethernet switch to Macmini. Blue Jeans Cable
Modem to Ethernet female connector. Audioquest Diamond
NAS to modem. Audioquest Vodka

POWER
Dedicated 20 amp circuit #1 to Preamp. Stealth Dream V18 (preamp)
Dedicated 20 amp circuit #1 to Shunyata 6000V2. Shunyata Omega XC
Dedicated 20 amp circuits #2 and #3 to Mono amps. Shunyata Sigma V2 NR (x2)
Shunyata 6000V2 to DAC. Stealth Dream V12 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Clock. Stealth Dream V18 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Upsampled. Stealth Dream V10 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Macmini. Shunyata Venom 14 (digital)
15 amp circuit s to Subwoofers. Stealth Cloude 99 (full) (x2)
Outlets for dedicated 20 amp circuits #1/#2/#3. Shunyata SR-Z1 (x3)

SPEAKER WIRE
Amps to Sasha DAWs. Stealth Dream Petite V16, biwire
Old 01-22-2021, 07:37 AM

Never give me too much time to think about something.

Since I’m having another 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits installed (and a whole house surge protector), I could take the Denali 6000 V2 out of the rack and run everything straight out of the wall.

Of course, if I did that I’d need two or three new power cords with integral NR for the dCS stack, and would no longer need the Omega XC I already bought; given Shunyata’s production schedule, it might not yet be under construction though...

So, thinking aloud, I sell off the Denali 6000V2, two of the Stealth cords on the dCS stack, and turn that bankroll into one or two more Sigma V2 NR cables. I just bought the Dream V18 (digital), so I’m reluctant to take a big loss on resale before I’ve amortized it. Same is true for the Dream V18 (analogue) on the preamp.

I could then ask my dealer to switch the order for the Omega XC to an Omega QR-s if that’s possible at this point. I’d pay the full price differential; my dealer has been very patient with me and I don’t wanna wear out my welcome. That’d handle one of the components in the dCS stack. I’d then only need one Sigma V2 NR.

I gotta do the math later today but this might be close to a net zero upgrade for me.

Sell off the Denali and a Stealth Dream V12 (2m) and Dream V10 (1.2m)
Get the Omega-XC I’ve already bought changed to an Omega QR-s (probably for the DAC)
Keep the Dream V18 digital (probably for the Upsampler)
Buy a Sigma V2 NR (probably for the clock)

This would achieve balance, symmetry and synergy on the rack as well - two components per shelf.

Something pleasant to ponder today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0C650FB7-029A-4EC4-9BA1-521962D8AF7D.jpeg (3.05 MB, 57 views)

Last edited by Native Vermonter; 01-22-2021 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Typo. Eye haet spel chek.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:55 PM

This is a pretty sweet outlet, a real honey of a bargain.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:56 PM

This is a pretty sweet outlet; a real honey of a find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5A7C11F5-C2B0-416D-8D34-C537975BB89F.jpeg (57.3 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-26-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
This is a pretty sweet outlet; a real honey of a find.
That should be maple syrup in Vermont [emoji1787]
Old 01-26-2021, 09:59 PM

I’m still not clear on what you’re hoping to gain by going direct to the wall instead of through the Denali with your digital and preamp. Before you make that choice, I’d at least try it both ways and see what you think. I know my system and room is different, but my digital and pre were definitely better through my old Denali, and more so through the Everest. Good power conditioning isn’t just about surge protection, so even if you go whole-home surge protection with discrete circuits for everything, it doesn’t obviate the benefit of a good conditioner, in my opinion at least.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 01-26-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
That should be maple syrup in Vermont [emoji1787]
I actually bring my own syrup to Cracker Barrel...
Old 01-26-2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I’m still not clear on what you’re hoping to gain by going direct to the wall instead of through the Denali with your digital and preamp. Before you make that choice, I’d at least try it both ways and see what you think. I know my system and room is different, but my digital and pre were definitely better through my old Denali, and more so through the Everest. Good power conditioning isn’t just about surge protection, so even if you go whole-home surge protection with discrete circuits for everything, it doesn’t obviate the benefit of a good conditioner, in my opinion at least.
Tony,

I was reading up on my amps and preamp - D’Agostino recommends straight out of the wall so I was looking for opinions on both options...

I never really push my system too hard, but I think the amps straight out of the wall (SR-Z1 outlets, with a Venom Defender on each, and Sigma V2 NRpower cords) will give them the cleanest and least restrained power. The preamp will probably move back to the Denali after the Omega XC power cord gets here.

I have the benefit of the third outlet for the Denali that will have an open plug position so I can try the preamp both ways to see if one has the edge...

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 01-27-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
Tony,

I was reading up on my amps and preamp - D’Agostino recommends straight out of the wall so I was looking for opinions on both options...

I never really push my system too hard, but I think the amps straight out of the wall (SR-Z1 outlets, with a Venom Defender on each, and Sigma V2 NRpower cords) will give them the cleanest and least restrained power. The preamp will probably move back to the Denali after the Omega XC power cord gets here.

I have the benefit of the third outlet for the Denali that will have an open plug position so I can try the preamp both ways to see if one has the edge...

Thanks,

Mitch

OK, I got it. Ether way you’ve got a great system and I’m guessing you’ll end up happy with the results.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2