AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 AM

I ran a REL Stentor with a pair of the original Cremonas (my all time FUN speaker - wish I had held onto them) which were a great combination, but found that over time (many months) I had backed the REL off quite a bit and ultimately found I could do without a sub in my room...........however a few friends felt the sub was a worthwhile addition.......

Quicksilver, I think perhaps no replies as that is a big personal question you ask. All I can say is if you are confused, don't move - that way you are guaranteed in not going backwards/sideways. A fair bit of listening will make you realise that these are significantly different speakers.

However, personally, the Cremona Ms in a heartbeat but only because I have owned Cremonas and Extremas before. I assume that you are using solid state on the Extremas which I would wish to go to tubes (I used AudioValve Baldur 70s/Eklipse preamp on my Cremonas) - that may well be a different direction for you and would/could be outside your budget??

Sorry, didn't help much either way there.........
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM

I purchased a F112 from Ivan for my Cremona's.
Sounds fantastic compared to my other past subs, (Which did not include REL.) and it was at a really great price!
Shop around and call him last.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Definitely JL Audio. I like the little F110's with my Sonus Faber Momento's. They blend seamlessly. REL would be another great choice. I might lean that way if I was doing it again since I rarely watch movies. REL's are known for their musicality.

Mike
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM

I used to have the SVS PB 13 ULTRA with the Cremonas. It was a good match!
With the Aida i have decided not to use a Sub, anymore. but i am keeping my SVS,as it is such a good equipment.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Hi,

Need advise from the forum. I have a pair of SF Extremas and somebody offering to SWAP his SF Cremona M. Don't know if I should or not. Should it be a straight swap? or I add cash ? or He adds cash since Extrema are becoming a colector? I am using Krell Fpb-200 and Krc-Hr with transparent cables. Is Cremona M a better speaker?....I am really confused... need more advise the better... Thank you.
If its not too late, dont. The Extrema's cant be bought any more, they are becoming realy hard to find, and they are in demand from people who now their value will increase or looking for their last speaker. Anyway, you will ALWAYS be able to sell them or change them, and Cremona M is nice speaker but it has none of Ex. charisma, and its value will be lesser and lesser with time, just opposite of your speaker
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Cool, calm scientist

A REL sub bass system
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 AM

I had a Rel r528 for a week then replaced it with JL F113 chalk and cheese Rel bottom out all the time jumped around when on spikes a real mess get the JL
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 AM

I use a REL B1 with my Cremona Auditor Ms - as said previously, they mate well with Sf. If wanting a new model, follow Bill's advice, G2. Bill is the man in the know.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 PM

go with 2 of any sub 10" woofer or larger, if you can swing 2 f112's or 113s
Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1 View Post
I had a Rel r528 for a week then replaced it with JL F113 chalk and cheese Rel bottom out all the time jumped around when on spikes a real mess get the JL
Glad to hear you're happy with the choice.

FYI, RELs don't belong on spikes