AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 10-06-2018, 11:25 PM

Default Dali Oberon

Brand new from Dali is the Oberon 7, which is the larger of two floor standing speakers in the Oberon range. Some of the AF guys had heard the 7 on Friday and were giving raving about the bass response of the $1,400/pair towers, so I had to go check them out. Yup, I don't have any idea how they get the quantity and quality of bass they do out of these. The highs were excellent as well. Not bad looking, either.

DSC_0036 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:32 PM

Default Sonus Faber Sonetto

Another new speaker line is Sonetto from Sonus Faber. These Sonetto III are the smallest floor standers in the range. I thought they produced very nice and balanced music, without erring in any aspect. Fairly decent bass, but they are not trying to defy the laws of physics.

DSC_0037 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 PM

Default Classe/Focal Sopra No.3

After experiencing the crowds and noise in the lobby level Focal room, it was very nice to find a set of Sopra No.3 to listen to in a nice setup in a room. The sound here was excellent with prodigious deep bass, clear mids, and nice, airy highs. Excelling imaging and soundstage.

DSC_0038 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:39 PM

Default Bricasti/Tidal

These Tidal Piano G2 did not seem to achieve the sound I remember them producing at AXPONA in April. Nevertheless, great sound.

DSC_0039 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:43 PM

Default Vimberg

Meet Vimberg, the new "affordable" line from the makers of Tidal. This Vimberg model is actually larger than the Tidal Piano G2 and was digging very deep in the bass. Excellent sound overall.

DSC_0041 by MDTshots, on Flickr
DSC_0042 by MDTshots, on Flickr
DSC_0043 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:47 PM

Default ayon/lumenwhite

I've seen many ads for lumenwhite speakers, but didn't know much about them. Oh my, these are the real deal, producing excellent tonality, clarity, dynamics, and attack. This system was just producing music and made me want to hang around and listen.

DSC_0044 by MDTshots, on Flickr
Old 10-06-2018, 11:58 PM

Antonmb,....thank you,.cannot see your pictures from mobile app though. Would you check the postings? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Antonmb,....thank you,.cannot see your pictures from mobile app though. Would you check the postings? Thanks!

Not sure why you can’t see them. I posted them using the iPad app, and I can see them in the AA app on my iPhone as well. The links look ok.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 10-07-2018, 01:07 AM
Go Dawgs

Here's some day two pics....I'll start with a second on Marc's comments on the Vimbergs and the Lumen Whites.....These two models sounded absolutely smooth, effortless and just excellent.....probably not a coincidence that they both use Accuton drivers.....the Vimbers were just outstanding. This is my first experience with either these or Tidals...they are expensive but look great as well, one of my best at shows so far.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 10-07-2018, 01:09 AM
Go Dawgs

PS Audio room with Arnie Nudell's personal speakers as someone before asked about. I honestly didn't spend much time in here, it was really hot and everyone was talking. What I did hear was a very warm, smooth sound, not nearly as harsh as some others but maybe someone else who spent more time with them can comment.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3