AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Fine Art & Collectibles

Fine Art & Collectibles For the Connoisseur

Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Default New model...Factory Porsche 956 Group C

Porsche 956...the 1982 Le Mans winner with Jacky Ickx and Derek Bell driving.

This is a 1:43 die-cast from HPI. Impressive detail.

Rear cowl removed showing engine and suspension detail.

Funny to think this model is only 4" long...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-12-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

That is some impressive detail for a model of that scale! And of course the photography is top notch as well.

Regards,
Jim
Old 07-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoove View Post
That is some impressive detail for a model of that scale! And of course the photography is top notch as well.

Regards,
Jim
Yes, the detail is impressive. The Porsche 956 is one of my favorite race cars, I followed them closely when they were racing the 962 variant in IMSA in the 80s. The cut lines (e.g. lines around doors and panels) are tight and well-proportioned, for example. I had read good things about HPI, which is a relative newcomer to the die-cast scale model industry, and they've quickly built in a very good reputation for their detail. This model is part of a boxed set of three models, the 1, 2, and 3 finishing Porsche 956s from the 1982 Le Mans race. The only defect is the #3 car has the top half of the number circle is misaligned (has a smaller diameter) relative to the bottom half diameter. Weird. I have another copy of the #3 car on my desk at work, because it was the car driven by American Porsche factory driver Al Holbert (a driver I admired very much) and it has the same defect. I think I am going to see if I can find a local pinstriping artist to paint it in for me.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:01 PM

So Stephen...is your model collection growing?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Yep, Michael, I now have four 1:18 scale cars (3 race, 1 street), and four 1:43rd scale cars, including the three Porsche 956s that just arrived yesterday in the HPI boxed set and the resin-cast Audi R18 etron quattro that won Le Mans in 2011.

Also have 6 Gemini Aces Warbirds 1:72 die-cast models, most of which are Spitfire variants! ;-)

The Gemini Aces 1:72 scale series from Gemini Jets are amongst the most impressive die-cast model airplanes I have ever seen:

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-12-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM

Now WWII propeller driven aircraft are my weak spot. I do have quite a few 1:18 scale diecast cars but I do have a few aircraft as well.

Great collection, Stephen!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Now WWII propeller driven aircraft are my weak spot. I do have quite a few 1:18 scale diecast cars but I do have a few aircraft as well.

Great collection, Stephen!
Michael,
Are you familiar with the Gemini Aces series?

Wait 'til you see the model I bought today! Gorgeous! Doing some lighting/staging concepts right now.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Cool, calm scientist

First concept, need to do a bit of refining on the shot, lighting set-up, etc. But pretty happy with this as a first pass...

The Jaguar E-type Series 1 convertible.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 PM

Yes, I've seen some of the Gemini Ace series models. Impressive units, Stephen!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 PM

Very nice photo of the E-Type!