My System entirely costs about 80k.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:06 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
83k...
My God.
My System entirely costs about 80k.
Hey Sergio -- I realize how precious life is and my audio enthusiasm began back in Beaverton, Oregon at age 18 while working as a bag boy & inventory stocker after school in a grocery store.

Became interested after a customer came in to test a tube on the stores tube test set. I nonchalantly asked him if this tube he wanted tested was for a TV. He replied, no, it's for my Dynaco audio power amplifier.

I took what he mentioned and after scouring local newspapers, etc., found a guy selling an audio tube amp: A Marantz 8B. Thus began my 54-year enthusiastic audio journey. Loved every minute.

Sorry to derail the thread; but before I pass and am burnt to a crisp; I'm on a military mission to experience the best I can afford. The VAC Statement, I'm confident, is the pinnacle I'm reaching for.

Best to you Master,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution:Ansuz Mainz D3 Distributor & Ansuz Mainz C2 1M Power Cable
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:2M Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110-ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 04-15-2024 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Hey Sergio -- I realize how precious life is and my audio enthusiasm began back in Beaverton, Oregon at age 18 while working as a bag boy & inventory stocker after school in a grocery store.

Became interested after a customer came in to test a tube on the stores tube test set. I nonchalantly asked him if this tube he wanted tested was for a TV. He replied, no, it's for my Dynaco audio power amplifier.

I took what he mentioned and after scouring local newspapers, etc., found a guy selling an audio tube amp: A Marantz 8B. Thus began my 54-year enthusiastic audio journey. Loved every minute.

Sorry to derail the thread; but before I pass and am burnt to a crisp; I on a military mission to experience the best I can afford. The VAC Statement, I'm confident, is the pinnacle I'm reaching for.

Best to you Master,

Bob
My life in Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio is much shorter - only 21 years.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Sorry to derail the thread; but before I pass and am burnt to a crisp; I on a military mission to experience the best I can afford. The VAC Statement, I'm confident, is the pinnacle I'm reaching for.

Best to you Master,

Bob
Bob, your purchase of an 8B as your first acquisition is remarkable. At 35 watts per channel it was possibly the best amp on the market back in the day. My father always preferred McIntosh, which is how I became a McIntosh aficionado. My audio journey began on our dinning room table at 1507 Pennylane Decatur Ala about 65 years ago with my Dad, with pair of Wharfedale sand filled book shelf speakers, Collaro changer with Pickering cartridge, and Allied Knight 20 watt tube integrated amplifier. The first record I ever heard was South Pacific. It was magic and I was hooked. Dad soon moved from the table to the living room and Bozak speakers, Garrard changer, Dynaco Stereo 70 amp/Pas-2 pre, etc. He didn't acquire his Mac gear until later.

I certainly think that your audio system is impeccable. You could add the VAC Statement Phono but for me, I think your vinyl is quite well thought out and solid/stable. You can spend a fortune on expensive turntables, etc. Not for me.

Best

Charles

Charles Updated System: Wilson McIntosh Audioquest

Amps: McIntosh MC3500MKII (2); McIntosh MC1.25KW (2); MC2.1KW An (1)
Preamp: C-12000 An
Sources: MCD12000 An; MVP881; MVP851; MR87; Marantz 510LV; ASUS laptop
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1); Wilson ActivXO Stereo Electronic Crossover
Cables main system: Audioquest WEL Signature speaker cables; balanced IC (preamp to main amps); WEL Signature digital coaxial cable for MVP 881/MCD12000; Audioquest Diamond optical (1) for tuner, (1) for MVP 851 DVD player, and (1) for LD player for total of (3); Audioquest Diamond USB cable; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords for total of 8); Thunder HC power cord for MR87 tuner
Cables subwoofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable (1); Wolf balanced subwoofer IC; Wind balanced IC from preamp to ActivXO; Hurricane HC (3); Hurricane Source (1); Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines.
Isolation: Wilson Pedestals; Bassocontinuo McIntosh Ultra Feet; X-material plinth
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD)
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes
Old 04-15-2024, 02:35 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
My life in Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio is much shorter - only 21 years.
Hello Sergio,

Well Sir, if audio is your hobby, you have to start sometime. In your case, a late bloomer, per se; but importantly you're on your 22d year.

Best to you (& your crew),

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:43 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Bob, your purchase of an 8B as your first acquisition is remarkable. At 35 watts per channel it was possibly the best amp on the market back in the day. My father always preferred McIntosh, which is how I became a McIntosh aficionado. My audio journey began on our dinning room table at 1507 Pennylane Decatur Ala about 65 years ago with my Dad, with pair of Wharfedale sand filled book shelf speakers, Collaro changer with Pickering cartridge, and Allied Knight 20 watt tube integrated amplifier. The first record I ever heard was South Pacific. It was magic and I was hooked. Dad soon moved from the table to the living room and Bozak speakers, Garrard changer, Dynaco Stereo 70 amp/Pas-2 pre, etc. He didn't acquire his Mac gear until later.

I certainly think that your audio system is impeccable. You could add the VAC Statement Phono but for me, I think your vinyl is quite well thought out and solid/stable. You can spend a fortune on expensive turntables, etc. Not for me.

Best

Charles
The VAC Statement phono is another staggering $80K -- I'm quite happy with my VAC Renaissance Special Edition which I asked Kevin Hayes to add a toggle switch to select XLR or RCA outputs. He did a great job incorporating Swedish Lundahl transformers for that. Additionally, the SE edition has very expensive (37 ea) Vishay Z-foil metal resistors and a host of Jupiter Beeswax paper caps.

Bob
Old 04-17-2024, 08:47 AM

Amazing addition to an already amazing system. Enjoy!
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:36 PM

Bob with all the items you have for sale on the marketplace coupled with the incredible VAC and speaker purchase you have to share the grand plan. I have seen a lot of the pieces but curious on the final vision (with each new speaker, component or cable I have a growing picture but you have made some increasingly big moves that compound!) If you have already posted this I apologize but I’m super curious.
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer

Last edited by jfray; 04-19-2024 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:57 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfray View Post
Bob with all the items you have for sale on the marketplace coupled with the incredible VAC and speaker purchase you have to share the grand plan. ...... but I’m super curious.
Morning Josh,

Well long story but short in nature. After reading Stereophiles reporting of the improvements made to the Wilson Audio Alexia 1's and 2's with their new "2024 speaker of the year" Alexia V (stands for vibration control in the heads - mids/tweeter), I had to jump and order a pair - my V1's are from the last run and obtained a great deal when Wilson was rolling out the V2's. Checked✅

I had Dan D'Agostino progression 500's and their progression preamp -- after a while I hated it. Finally, an opportunity arose, after I admitted to myself, I made a grave mistake with the SS purchase, a new pair VAC 450iQ and the VAC Master Preamp came knocking. Ordered & checked✅

I had a dCS Paganini 4 box unit that was nearing 12 years old and wanted to go APEX. The only way to that was a dCS Rossini CD/SACD Transport, APEX DAC and matching dCS clock. Sold the Paganini & ordered the 3 box Rossini ✅

Wasn't happy with the Rossini as thoughts on how much better the Vivaldi APEX DAC is - which it is BTW. Sold the Rossini APEX DAC & clock and purchased a Vivaldi APEX DAC & Upsampler + and clock from someone who was downsizing from 4 four box Vivaldi stacks to 2. ✅ I wasn't interested in the Vivaldi Transport as it sports the Teac/Esoteric NEO VRDS mechanism & dCS has only has 250 or 500 they purchased as a closed end deal from Teac/Esoteric for repairs. Eventually dCS will run out of mechanisms and then you're SOL.

I know 3 Nordost dealers but only support my long-time dealer. The others I know from shows or acquaintances. All three told me "DO NOT" listen or try out the Nordost Odin 2 line. The improvement over Odin1's is huge in microdetails, soundstage, resolution, etc. Well, don't tell me that and expect me to sit idle by. I bought two Odin 2 AES/EBU cables and immediately noticed what they brought to my dCS rig. An opportunity arose where a Odin 2 Tone Arm cable 1.25m became available well below its $12K retail. It replaced my long time Valhalla 1.✅

Then I ordered a 3M Odin 2 2M spade/spade speaker cable.✅ Due in maybe next week.

Back to VAC. Kevin told me when I was in Sarasota, the Master Preamp is 80% of the Statement. That's pretty significant but a price difference of $50K nearly. When I purchased the 450iQ's at $65K each and the Master Preamp at $30K; I didn't have the funds to bypass the Master and order a Statement ($83K). I do now though and selling the Master Preamp & will use those funds towards a Statement. The Statement is audio jewelry and Kevin designed it that way - in fact the top is clear - to show off its beauty and attention to detail. Ordered✅

Onto Shunyata Everest 8000 and Omega XC cable. Very fond supporter of Mr. Gabriel. In fact, nearly 18 years ago I was one of his first buyers of his King Cobra power cable with the material inside (Puma Cat will remind me). That cable put Shunyata on the power cord map IMO. I do not care for the coloration the two gives so have an Azsuz Acoustics D3 power distributor and C2 power cable enroute from Denmark.✅

In the future - maybe 2025; look for used Odin 2's and shop for a SME turntable replacement - I like the SME 60.

Best Sir,

Bob

Last edited by vintage_tube; 04-19-2024 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Morning Josh,

Well long story but short in nature. After reading Stereophiles reporting of the improvements made to the Wilson Audio Alexia 1's and 2's with their new "2024 speaker of the year" Alexia V (stands for vibration control in the heads - mids/tweeter), I had to jump and order a pair - my V1's are from the last run and obtained a great deal when Wilson was rolling out the V2's. Checked✅

I had Dan D'Agostino progression 500's and their progression preamp -- after a while I hated it. Finally, an opportunity arose, after I admitted to myself, I made a grave mistake with the SS purchase, a new pair VAC 450iQ and the VAC Master Preamp came knocking. Ordered & checked✅

I had a dCS Paganini 4 box unit that was nearing 12 years old and wanted to go APEX. The only way to that was a dCS Rossini CD/SACD Transport, APEX DAC and matching dCS clock. Sold the Paganini & ordered the 3 box Rossini ✅

Wasn't happy with the Rossini as thoughts on how much better the Vivaldi APEX DAC is - which it is BTW. Sold the Rossini APEX DAC & clock and purchased a Vivaldi APEX DAC & Upsampler + and clock from someone who was downsizing from 4 four box Vivaldi stacks to 2. ✅ I wasn't interested in the Vivaldi Transport as it sports the Teac/Esoteric NEO VRDS mechanism & dCS has only has 250 or 500 they purchased as a closed end deal from Teac/Esoteric for repairs. Eventually dCS will run out of mechanisms and then you're SOL.

I know 3 Nordost dealers but only support my long-time dealer. The others I know from shows or acquaintances. All three told me "DO NOT" listen or try out the Nordost Odin 2 line. The improvement over Odin1's is huge in microdetails, soundstage, resolution, etc. Well, don't tell me that and expect me to sit idle by. I bought two Odin 2 AES/EBU cables and immediately noticed what they brought to my dCS rig. An opportunity arose where a Odin 2 Tone Arm cable 1.25m became available well below its $12K retail. It replaced my long time Valhalla 1.✅

Then I ordered a 3M Odin 2 2M spade/spade speaker cable.✅ Due in maybe next week.

Back to VAC. Kevin told me when I was in Sarasota, the Master Preamp is 80% of the Statement. That's pretty significant but a price difference of $50K nearly. When I purchased the 450iQ's at $65K each and the Master Preamp at $30K; I didn't have the funds to bypass the Master and order a Statement ($83K). I do now though and selling the Master Preamp & will use those funds towards a Statement. The Statement is audio jewelry and Kevin designed it that way - in fact the top is clear - to show off its beauty and attention to detail. Ordered✅

Onto Shunyata Everest 8000 and Omega XC cable. Very fond supporter of Mr. Gabriel. In fact, nearly 18 years ago I was one of his first buyers of his King Cobra power cable with the material inside (Puma Cat will remind me). That cable put Shunyata on the power cord map IMO. I do not care for the coloration the two gives so have an Azsuz Acoustics D3 power distributor and C2 power cable enroute from Denmark.✅

In the future - maybe 2025; look for used Odin 2's and shop for a SME turntable replacement - I like the SME 60.

Best Sir,

Bob
Bob, Your plan is certainly a grand master plan. Your purchases and determination to follow through to the end to obtain top of the line tube amplification and digital playback gives me inspiration. I think the Alexia V is the best speaker at anything close to its price. I will soon be finished with my master plan as I have just received two more boxes of EL509's. Of course, there will always be minor purchases in my future.

I will have 135K of tube and SS McIntosh gear driving 410K of Wilsons. The XVX are true marvels. Every time I listen my jaw drops. Nothing should sound this musical, dynamic, and resolved. I have a good friend who owns an XVX and has gear that rivals yours, and he agrees. It's a wonderful paradox to own a speaker with ultimate resolution and dynamics and is also almost impossible to make it sound bad. Every recording sounds good on an XVX. He thinks it's the fabulous time correction and the ultra low distortion at any sound pressure level, especially in the midrange. Anyway, I have really enjoyed learning of your audio journey.

Best

Charles

Charles Updated System: Wilson McIntosh Audioquest

Amps: McIntosh MC3500MKII (2); McIntosh MC1.25KW (2); MC2.1KW An (1)
Preamp: C-12000 An
Sources: MCD12000 An; MVP881; MVP851; MR87; Marantz 510LV; ASUS laptop
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1); Wilson ActivXO Stereo Electronic Crossover
Cables main system: Audioquest WEL Signature speaker cables; balanced IC (preamp to main amps); WEL Signature digital coaxial cable for MVP 881/MCD12000; Audioquest Diamond optical (1) for tuner, (1) for MVP 851 DVD player, and (1) for LD player for total of (3); Audioquest Diamond USB cable; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords for total of 8); Thunder HC power cord for MR87 tuner
Cables subwoofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable (1); Wolf balanced subwoofer IC; Wind balanced IC from preamp to ActivXO; Hurricane HC (3); Hurricane Source (1); Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines.
Isolation: Wilson Pedestals; Bassocontinuo McIntosh Ultra Feet; X-material plinth
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD)
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes

Last edited by Charles; 04-21-2024 at 10:09 AM.