AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM

Default RF-7 vs RF-7 II vs Yamaha NS-1000M

Hello everyone! I'm trying to decide of what could best my Yummies I currently have. See, 3 years ago I've sold my beloved RF-52s and bought NS-1000Ms which was a sidestep from the horn based speakers. I really loved them but wanted to try something new you know this hobby...

But ever since then I was always comparing inside my head the current speakers to my previous Klipsches and I almost ready to pick them again. So right now I have a Klipsch buzz inside me that makes me want to buy the RF-7s since they should have more bass impact at minimum than Yumms, the soundstage should become more defined and so on. But the main thing is that here in my homeland I can by only the second gen of those new but maybe the first one is not that worse to the new one? Maybe they are almost the same in terms of sound? Then if they are almost the same, I can buy them for a 1500 used and delivered to russia where I currently live instead of throwing 5k.

BTW, I find the old look of RF-7 is better.

So, anybody had a comparison of these two? Maybe even these three?

Thank you guys!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Rock N' Blues

Theppd,

I had a RF-62II, and in my country, there is a forum, just like AA, called HTForum, and there, there is a manufacturer forum of Klipsch (just like here ), that we call "Klipsch Club"

I met many people that have/had Klipschs... I've heard o lot of sets with Klipsch, and I can guarantee that Series II is better then Series I... There are a lot of improvements... Untill improvements in the drivers...

If you can buy the series II, go ahead!

But, IMHO, a RF-7II deserve more than a receiver... This sepakers sounds really great with a good integrated... But, don't worry, your Yamaha will do a great job with them...

Regards,

Rui
Speakers:Monitor Audio PL300 Integrated:Musical Fidelity M6i DAC:DACII by Luis Flugge Bluray Player:Denon DBP-4010 Speakes Cable:Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 Coaxial Digital:Wireworld Golden Starlight 6, Acoustic Zen MC˛ USB:Wireworld Platinum Starlight Interconnects:MIT Magnum M2, Audience AU24e, Merlin Chopin MK4, Wireworld Atlantis 5, Chord Carnival Silverscreen Power Cords:Purist Canorus, Nordost Heimdall 2, Wireworld Electra 5˛ e Stratus 5˛, Rega Mains Power, Audioquest NGR3
Old 01-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Hey Rui, thanks for your advice! I'm watching now on Forte IIs instead of RF7 since the earth shakin' bass is mandatory for me after Yamahas. BTW, fortunately, the Yamaha is not a receiver but my current speakers. And the amp is MA2275
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
McKlipschead

theppd......how much room have you got for speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyc View Post
theppd......how much room have you got for speakers?

18 meters at the moment but I plan to move this year into something bigger.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Rock N' Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by theppd View Post
Hey Rui, thanks for your advice! I'm watching now on Forte IIs instead of RF7 since the earth shakin' bass is mandatory for me after Yamahas. BTW, fortunately, the Yamaha is not a receiver but my current speakers. And the amp is MA2275

I didn't know that Yamaha had speakers... It's not very common here in my country...

I know this McIntosh, and it's really great!!! Congrats on it!

I've never heard a Forte II, but I know a lot of speakers of many brands (Monitor Audio, KEF, B&W, Polk Audio, Wilson Audio, Dynaudio, Elac, YG...) and RF-7II has a impressive bass... Strong, Deep, Intense and Dynamic... Sounds really great!

Actually, the RF-7II needs more than 18m˛, but in a "provisory" way, no problems with... You'll like it!

Regards,

Rui
Speakers:Monitor Audio PL300 Integrated:Musical Fidelity M6i DAC:DACII by Luis Flugge Bluray Player:Denon DBP-4010 Speakes Cable:Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 Coaxial Digital:Wireworld Golden Starlight 6, Acoustic Zen MC˛ USB:Wireworld Platinum Starlight Interconnects:MIT Magnum M2, Audience AU24e, Merlin Chopin MK4, Wireworld Atlantis 5, Chord Carnival Silverscreen Power Cords:Purist Canorus, Nordost Heimdall 2, Wireworld Electra 5˛ e Stratus 5˛, Rega Mains Power, Audioquest NGR3

Last edited by rusoco; 01-23-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
McKlipschead

Quote:
Originally Posted by theppd View Post

18 meters at the moment but I plan to move this year into something bigger.
Forte II are nice speakers, but they usually need some restoration work such as replacement drivers, caps, crossovers, etc...

I'm very familiar with the RF series, and much prefer Chorus II, and then Forte II. They just sound better to my ears, especially with dedicated mid-range drivers. That said, with MA2275 look into Cornwall III, from the true Heritage line. If you can swing the funds, even for a slightly used A-gon pair, your audio life will be a happy one. Go big or go home!

Good luck whatever direction you choose to go...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusoco View Post

I didn't know that Yamaha had speakers... It's not very common here in my country...

I know this McIntosh, and it's really great!!! Congrats on it!

I've never heard a Forte II, but I know a lot of speakers of many brands (Monitor Audio, KEF, B&W, Polk Audio, Wilson Audio, Dynaudio, Elac, YG...) and RF-7II has a impressive bass... Strong, Deep, Intense and Dynamic... Sounds really great!

Actually, the RF-7II needs more than 18m˛, but in a "provisory" way, no problems with... You'll like it!

Regards,

Rui
Thanks Rui!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyc View Post
Forte II are nice speakers, but they usually need some restoration work such as replacement drivers, caps, crossovers, etc...

I'm very familiar with the RF series, and much prefer Chorus II, and then Forte II. They just sound better to my ears, especially with dedicated mid-range drivers. That said, with MA2275 look into Cornwall III, from the true Heritage line. If you can swing the funds, even for a slightly used A-gon pair, your audio life will be a happy one. Go big or go home!

Good luck whatever direction you choose to go...

Ok, The Cornwall, so be it. Actually, I would love to have some used pair but nobody can send them to Russia (my current place).

Thanks, BTW!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 AM

Anyway, why I do love Klipsch's heritage bass is that when I took my amp from the previous owner, he had a pair of Khorns, and that was the first time I've heard that thing! And I'm telling you, this was the most deep and rumbling bass I've ever heard! None of the subs or big speakers has never delivered such emotion to me. So since then I'm thinking on move to klipsch heritages but I can't afford the Khorns so trying to find something close.