AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 03-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Default Cost is no Object Show 2015 - Alpha High End, Brasschaat - Naim and Sonus Faber

Part 2 of the Alpha High-End Cost is no Object show this weekend in the Brasschaat showroom with Naim Statement and Sonus Faber Aida.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Life is beautiful

On my birthday, Friday, I didn't work, and I had the opportunity to see and hear some nice gear, together with my wife.
She took the nice photographs with her Fujifilm, and I was allowed to take pics with her Canon 500D, you'll see the difference.

This store is brand new, so less clutter but as many gear as in the Antwerp shop.

When we entered the shop, I was immediately drawn to the Mu-so.
This nice piece of design delivers 450W and can stream music from other Naim devices.

You can choose different colours for the front, also after purchasing the Mu-so.

This beautiful Naim sounded really good.
I see it as an option for my waiting room, where a Bose system is playing now.

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 03-08-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Life is beautiful

The shop is really stylish.

Up to the main listening room, with 2 walls full of names of composers and singers, and movies and actors.

In this room of course lots of stuff, and the same touch as in Antwerp with the interesting artifacts everywhere:

Burmester, Meridian, Martin Logan, even some SF Liliums unemployed.

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 03-08-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Life is beautiful

McIntosh in all its glory:

Some Scala Utopias.
Not playing because this is a Sonus Faber show!

Old 03-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Life is beautiful

So, let's see what all the fuss is about!

But first a quick shot from these beauties:

The music comes from the other side of the room:

The photographer in action:

My wife is not so small, it is the Aidas that are tall!

Last edited by bart; 03-08-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Life is beautiful

The Statement:

Fantastic build quality:

Old 03-08-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
The Statement:

Fantastic build quality:

I picked up the remote which was knocking about somewhere in the room and put it on top of the Naim Statement just for the sake of taking a pic.
Holding it in my hand I immediately felt a statement of intrinsic value. A thing of beauty, finished to perfection....
Old 03-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Life is beautiful

The amp has three parts, each divided in amp section and power supply.

On the left you see the power amp for the right channel, in the middle the pre amp part, on the right the power amp part for the left channel.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Life is beautiful

This beauty was driven by the Statement.
The Naim, 2x746W into 8 Ohm, had no difficulties whatsoever doing this.
Peak power of 8K Watts has been measured.

The Aida is a truly beautiful speaker.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:44 PM

It's great fun listening to so many different excellent systems, "hear, touch and feel" the music. With the camera I sometimes have the impression I can capture how much pleasure music gives us and am glad we can share this experience with AA.

Of all the gear I photographed so far the Statement were the most difficult to shoot in ambient light. The black surfaces and the strong white light did not quite come out as I had hoped. In real life they are incredibly attractive to ear and eye.

Last edited by meza; 03-08-2015 at 05:50 PM.