AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 06-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Beautiful and love the lightning/atmosphere. Very relaxing and inviting. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. Your amps are truly beautiful.
I does make it nice to change the light colors or dim them from the iPad. Thank you! I have been listening to the Plinius 8200 as an amp this weekend with the Auricap XO upgrade and it's sounding pretty good.

Last edited by charles hidalgo; 06-01-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles hidalgo View Post
A James Burgess built EL34 triode amp in the mix today and it's warming up as we speak.

Nice gear.

Is that a big coffee table in one of the pictures?
Old 06-05-2019, 04:41 AM

Flea power EL84 homebrew/bottlhead build in the mix finally and all I can say is WOW.... these Zu Audio speakers are really loving this amp. 6 watts of SEP magic.

Last edited by charles hidalgo; 06-05-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:30 PM

Thanks to my good friend James Burgess one of my dream amps was personally delivered last night and is making beautiful music in my home. It's a custom 45/2A3 S.E.T. amp from James (1wpc and 3wpc respectively) with output transformers built especially for this project by Jack Elliano. The chassis is from a 1936 Wurlitzer jukebox. We hooked it up last night and I am glad James only lives 30 minutes from me because he's not often able to listen to his wonderful amplifiers in the customers home systems only in his shop before shipping them out worldwide so this was a treat for both of us. I will just say that it was a moment that did not disappoint. I have known James for over 13 years now and I am very happy to have really got to know him as a person as well as having a chance to own his beautiful creations.

Last edited by charles hidalgo; 07-26-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:17 PM

Charles, now there's a room I could get comfy in !!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:00 AM

Charles, you have an amazing system. I believe someone once said "truth is beauty and beauty is truth and that is all ye need to know". A 3 watt per ch system that makes beautiful music is beyond my pay grade to comprehend.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

Very cool looking R2R. How many tape titles do you have? What are some of your sources?

I have a re-built ATR 102 coming mid month. Gone over top to bottom by ATR Services in York, PA.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post

Very cool looking R2R. How many tape titles do you have? What are some of your sources?

I have a re-built ATR 102 coming mid month. Gone over top to bottom by ATR Services in York, PA.
Beautiful. Many years ago my father owned a Tanberg 64X. Tape was so much fun and better than vinyl. It was highly advanced. It's competitors were Revox and Teac. I was just a kid but got to use it as often as I liked. It was an amazing piece.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Some upgrading as of late. Current reference setup with the James Burgess 45/2A3 S.E.T. amplifier, easily interchangeable to Burgess Eiclone 6550 triode monoblocks. A James Burgess tube preamp/phono stage, PeachTree Audio 65SE (serving as DAC), Modified AT1240 TT with AT33EV cartridge and Cardas wiring straight to the Burgess phono stage. Media is also served up via an Otari MTR10-2, Teac 1040Sl, Akai 280D-SS and Akai X-150D Reel to Reel machines, a PC music server with over 25 terabytes of Hi-Rez files, and plenty of great vinyl selections. All playing through a pair of 105db efficient Klipschorn loudspeakers with an 18” Velodyne sub crossed over around 40Hz. Room is 24x20x8.

Will be treating the room in the coming weeks finally. I also have two more bucket list pieces of gear coming. A pair of GPA Altec 604H III speakers, custom crossovers and Stonehenge cabinets and some 300b Thorsten Loesch “Legacy” circuit inspired monoblocks to drive them.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Nice set up.
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden