AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner View Post
Just ordered...
Cool beans. Don't forget to order some silicone-insulated copper wire as well. I like green since its the industry-standard for a ground wire. Those RCA plugs can accomodate up to 14 AWG at the screw terminals at the back.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Cool, calm scientist

If anyone would like a PDF from Shunyata Research descriding the Shunyata Chassis Ground System, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it out to you.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

It can’t be said enough, and I too have expressed countless times the benefit of passive grounding, and for the cost it’s a no brainer
Old 10-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
It can’t be said enough, and I too have expressed countless times the benefit of passive grounding, and for the cost it’s a no brainer
Indeed, Ed.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Ohhh, yeahhh....

The nice thing is the character of the improvement is really, really nice. Makes the system sound so natural and organic-sounding.

And....quiet.

Hi Puma Cat. Does this mean we have to label the ground wires “Certified Organic” now? LOL [emoji23]
Old 10-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Ah, great to hear, Mark! [emoji106]

Thanks for adding in your "experimental results" as well.
I am using Shunyata Delta ground cables for almost a year now. Great results, easily replaced the Granite Audio Ground Zero Model 501 I used for over a decade!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:20 PM

Just received a new Triton V3 this past week and am completely blown off the map. Buries my two P10's it replaced so deep they'll never be found!

I'm so high on this magnificent creation by Caelin, I will be taking delivery later this week on a new Typhon QR. I can't wait. After they settle in together I'll try the grounding cable from my ARC Ref 40 preamp first and then to my tube amp if it proves like I expect.

I could never have expected my system to take me this high!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
Just received a new Triton V3 this past week and am completely blown off the map. Buries my two P10's it replaced so deep they'll never be found!

I'm so high on this magnificent creation by Caelin, I will be taking delivery later this week on a new Typhon QR. I can't wait. After they settle in together I'll try the grounding cable from my ARC Ref 40 preamp first and then to my tube amp if it proves like I expect.

I could never have expected my system to take me this high!
Congrats, Odd!

Yep, Shunyata Research power distributors/conditioners are fantastic.

Pretty amazing what they do, huh? What's so interesting about them is that you're never aware how much noise, grunge, hash, grittiness, spittiness is in your system's presenatation until...its gone.

I've coined a term about what they do: they impart a wonderful listening ease that makes listening to music a more engaging and beguiling experience.

It will get even better as it settles in. I recommend you place it on a solid shelf or ampilier stand. I have my Denali on a nice piece of rock maple in the second audio rack (just don't place it on carpet, it doesn't like that at all.)

And, it ain't over yet. Wait until you get the Typhon QR....the QR/BB technology is technological breakthrough that significantly increases DTCD capability, and this will result in a more dynamic, responsive, yet very natural presentation.

The grounding straps will be icing on the cake.

Enjoy and keep us updated on your impressions over time.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Hi Puma Cat. I’m psyched to where I can’t sleep. [emoji41]

I have it on a Billy Baggs amp stand for now with Stillpoints ultra minis under it. Waiting on another timber nation amp stand to come in. Ordered it last week - tiger maple. Now I have to order a second one. Bummer.

Last night a guitar cd I was playing about knocked me out of my socks! A sudden dynamic I had heard a bezillion times before came out so much faster natural and dynamic swing it scared the S$&!t out of me. So yup I am pumped which for me is a big thing.

Not to hijack the thread so I’ll post thoughts in a week or two after I get it all settled in.

Thank you for the kind thoughts and - what I will experience soon. I deeply appreciate it.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
Hi Puma Cat. I’m psyched to where I can’t sleep. [emoji41]

I have it on a Billy Baggs amp stand for now with Stillpoints ultra minis under it. Waiting on another timber nation amp stand to come in. Ordered it last week - tiger maple. Now I have to order a second one. Bummer.
Yep, that'll work.

Quote:
Last night a guitar cd I was playing about knocked me out of my socks! A sudden dynamic I had heard a bezillion times before came out so much faster natural and dynamic swing it scared the S$&!t out of me. So yup I am pumped which for me is a big thing.
Yep, that's the DTCD capability that is doing that. I had a very similar experience when I installed an NR-V10 from my Triton V1 to my power amp. And, this was replacing a Black Mamba HC/CX, which is no slouch.

Quote:
Thank you for the kind thoughts and - what I will experience soon. I deeply appreciate it.
Cheers and I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying your Triton V3 so much.