AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Ayre

Ayre A new dimension of musical enjoyment

Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Default I think Ayre has great customer service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
Dinster, I sympathize with you. I had problems with an Ayre item too. Michael's 'tude was basically "that's why we have dealers" and he referred me back to mine (who, ironically, couldn't address my issue). I'll never buy from a manufacturer with that kind of arrogance and indifference again. Ayre's slogan really ought to be 'talk to the hand'. The Ayre-fanbois on the boards just do NOT like it when you suggest problems with their fav gear or Boulder buds, especially after they dropped the kind of coin they did (how embarrassing!).

Ayre seems to excel at customer service when their gear works. It's just when it doesn't that they fall flat. And shouldn't that be the real test of customer service? Apparently, Charlie thinks not.....
I recently had an issue with my KX-5 Twenty that occurred during a strong Thunderstorm that caused a problem with the volume control of the unit. I contracted my dealer and Ayre to voice my concern as the product was less then 3 months old when this occurred.

My dealer contacted Ayre who asked for the unit to be sent back to them immediately and I received a loaner K5XEmp which was the same as the preamp I just traded in for the new KX-5 Twenty.

I also phoned and contracted Ayre and spoke to Michael in regards to what happened and my concern for having the unit back fully functional and as good as new. He assured me that would be the case, and that they would get the unit back to me ASAP. I

I also received an email from Alex Brinkman who is their National Sales Manager who asked me to call him on his cell which I did. I had a very nice conversation with him and he apologized for the inconvenience and said they would cover this without any questions and take care of me. I received several updates over the two weeks they had the unit and once returned it was in immaculate condition the same as when I sent the unit in (including the box). The unit performed flawlessly and sounds as good as ever and far better than the K5Xmp that I had previously.

Needless to say, I am a huge fan as I have had Ayre gear now since 2007 which has been very reliable.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
Dinster, I sympathize with you. I had problems with an Ayre item too. Michael's 'tude was basically "that's why we have dealers" and he referred me back to mine (who, ironically, couldn't address my issue). I'll never buy from a manufacturer with that kind of arrogance and indifference again. Ayre's slogan really ought to be 'talk to the hand'. The Ayre-fanbois on the boards just do NOT like it when you suggest problems with their fav gear or Boulder buds, especially after they dropped the kind of coin they did (how embarrassing!).

Ayre seems to excel at customer service when their gear works. It's just when it doesn't that they fall flat. And shouldn't that be the real test of customer service? Apparently, Charlie thinks not.....

The irony is that the Ayre owners are providing real data points on how Ayre has helped them with questions/issues and are transparent on product issues as well. I have not seen anyone try to rationalize poor service...and you don't seem to accept that all the rest of us have stories of great service. In fact for me personally....I am a very demanding customer and would not accept poor service

I don't know what you asked or how you asked it but I expect that if we all knew....it would be you who looked bad...not Ayre

But by all means keep bringing up your side of the story....I have come to expect it

For the OP....I hope it's resolved soon. Keep us posted
Old 03-18-2017, 12:33 AM

aardvark, I must say I think you have nailed it "all men are equal except some are more equal than others". Trumpism at work
When I first had my overheating problem I got hold of Ayre and they were all over it wanted me to bypass the dealer, send the amps directly to them and would have had exceptional service and a fixed amp within a week. As soon as they heard I was in Australia it was like "tough, we're out of here talk to your dealer". My dealer took 2 month to do the upgrade, blamed Ayre for sending them an incomplete parts set....how hard is it to send a single PCB??? For the price, components $1000.00 R&D $14,000.00.
However...I managed to get the amps running this morning, the faulty one heats up much quicker than the other one and gets hotter, but running for some 4 hours now, and as long as I leave it "on" position all seems OK. Difficult to compare the sound to the original because it has been over 2 months between listens..... but the sound is brilliant, these amps seem to do all I want, delicate detailed fast highs, controlled bass, and a midrange that is just perfect.
Currently listening to Aerial Boundaries recorded from vinyl in DSD on my Korg MR 2000, from Atlas/4 Point/Master Solution/AudiaFlight...Windham Hill did amazing stuff.
Are you in RSA?
Old 03-18-2017, 12:35 AM

Greg I hope I can write something similar soon, Pleased you were sorted.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:19 AM

oh dear great morning listening but now some 4 hours into the session the "hot" amp shut down "red" DC offset. I do have a problem
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 AM

I talked to Michael a few times regarding my QX 5 Twenty on the phone about the illuminated letters on the display screen and the fact that their are some missing lines, example letters and numbers are not complete and Michael said that its a simple LE display replacement fix and I can send the unit back to him or have my dealer here in Viet Nam fix it. So far Im very impressed with Arye customer service and technical assistance over the phone, I have never experienced them rushing me thru a phone call or trying to get rid of me so to speak.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:57 AM

I have to say Ayre has been more than friendly to me as well whenever I have called Michael, though in all fairness he's very busy and I can see where if an issue became more detailed than he could easily deal with, he might feel it to be an issue better handled with your dealer.

They've been great to me, and I've even had a few nice chats with Charlie.

dinster, I'm sorry you are having issues but I know Ayre will get it sorted quickly; I suspect Michael will be no happier to hear of your issue than you are to be experiencing it.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:50 AM

Guys, the reason they use dealers is because Michael is one person and can't do his real job AND talk to all of us who want to talk. Many audiophiles just call to talk and get advice and that too take away from what they are trying to do to support us all.

I know many Ayre dealers who love dealing with the company as they support the dealer network fully. They want us to all purchase from the local dealer. Not a bad thing.

As for aardvark, he's just a constant negative poster against Ayre. The more I hear the venom of his posts, I wonder if he was not nice to Michael. Did he go through his dealer? The answer is NO! He loses any credibility on an Ayre board since anyone who's had a problem has had a positive interaction other than the OP and Ayre is trying like heck to fix it from the sound of it. They will do what they have to. Since the OP is in Australia so it may be harder to take care of quickly, I don't know about that. I'm sure they will make it right and get you fixed so that you can enjoy one of the best amps in the world the way you had been.

As for aardvark, just stay on your pass board and enjoy your sold out the back door as B stock amps, lol. You aren't the only one who is or was a consultant and deal/dealt with some of the largest and smallest companies in the world.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:56 PM

I have had nothing but exemplary service from Michael and all at Ayre.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Well I finally heard from Ayre, through my dealer, on Tuesday the query was "is it something I have connected to the amps, some non-Ayre component, like a Creston"... what ever that is?
I replied that the problem is present with nothing connected to the amps. In fact tonight I did a test by swapping the outputs from the KXR preamp to the power amps and again the same amp failed after a few minutes, so clearly it is a problem with that amp.
I hope someone contacts me with a solution soon. I am really not happy.
The 15 minutes I did get to listen was very good...Eva Cassidy
Don't be too hard on aardvark...I am currently not experiencing the exemplary service you all seem to have received.