AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Patrick Butler Patrick Butler is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 271
Default

Classé plans on releasing a new stereo and mono amplifier this year, as well as a new Preamplifier. There will also be a 5-channel amplifier, but not a 3-channel (that's what mono amps are for.)

CES was not the premiere for the new Delta range (we showed products at CEDIA last year.) The premiere will be later this year, and there will be plenty of details at that time.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-26-2017, 03:49 PM
4music 4music is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
Classé plans on releasing a new stereo and mono amplifier this year, as well as a new Preamplifier. There will also be a 5-channel amplifier, but not a 3-channel (that's what mono amps are for.)

CES was not the premiere for the new Delta range (we showed products at CEDIA last year.) The premiere will be later this year, and there will be plenty of details at that time.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America
I would really appreciate seeing a bi-amp switch on the stereo amp. Probably it should not be hard to implement and it will create additional benefit for the customer. Of course, also the possibility to sell more for the producer
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Lassej's Avatar
Lassej Lassej is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 112
Default

@Patrick: any more news when the new amps and pre-amp will be released?
__________________
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Nord Ost/Van den Hul/ Isotek. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-01-2017, 03:13 PM
GregGale GregGale is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassej View Post
@Patrick: any more news when the new amps and pre-amp will be released?
I am curious that you have both the CA2300 and the Bryston 14BSS2 which puts out double the power output of the Classe. I owned the 802D2 and now have 802D3 and was contemplating upgrading to increase the power for example either considering the new Delta series with 350 watts of power or looking at the Bryston 14B cubed.

If you have hooked up your D2's with each of these amps, I would love to hear your experience in how the sound quality differs.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Lassej's Avatar
Lassej Lassej is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGale View Post
I am curious that you have both the CA2300 and the Bryston 14BSS2 which puts out double the power output of the Classe. I owned the 802D2 and now have 802D3 and was contemplating upgrading to increase the power for example either considering the new Delta series with 350 watts of power or looking at the Bryston 14B cubed.

If you have hooked up your D2's with each of these amps, I would love to hear your experience in how the sound quality differs.
Ha-ha, I am not using them at the same time. I have two systems, both with 802D2. It's more deep and better bass with the 14Bsst2 but it also have dubble the power. But right now I prefer the Classé. A little more "open and clear" but I want some more power for the bass handle and I am interesting of new Deltas. Maybe mono blocks?

Best regards
Lasse
__________________
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Nord Ost/Van den Hul/ Isotek. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-01-2017, 05:57 PM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,304
Default

The BW D3 were voiced with the Classes... so if you want the designer's sound, then you have to go with Classe. I listened to the CAM600 for many months in my own system... and they are good. There was a lack of ultimate extension and projection with the Classe in my system compared to the amp I have now, but if you don't hear it, you won't miss it.
__________________
System 1: Emm Labs Dac2X DAC + TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Amp -> BW 802D3 ->
System 2: Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3 ->
System 3: Rotel RC1570 Pre -> Rotel RB1582 Amp -> BW PM1 ->
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-01-2017, 06:54 PM
GregGale GregGale is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassej View Post
Ha-ha, I am not using them at the same time. I have two systems, both with 802D2. It's more deep and better bass with the 14Bsst2 but it also have dubble the power. But right now I prefer the Classé. A little more "open and clear" but I want some more power for the bass handle and I am interesting of new Deltas. Maybe mono blocks?

Best regards
Lasse
I understand what you are saying as I heard the same when I compared the Bryston 4BSST and is the reason I went with the Classe as it sounded smoother through the midrange however it is my understanding the new Cubed series from Bryston is vastly improved which is echoed through numerous reviews I have read and since I have a large room I am wondering just how big of a difference it would make to have 600 watts into 8 ohms versus the 300 I have now.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Lassej's Avatar
Lassej Lassej is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGale View Post
I understand what you are saying as I heard the same when I compared the Bryston 4BSST and is the reason I went with the Classe as it sounded smoother through the midrange however it is my understanding the new Cubed series from Bryston is vastly improved which is echoed through numerous reviews I have read and since I have a large room I am wondering just how big of a difference it would make to have 600 watts into 8 ohms versus the 300 I have now.
Yes, the new Cube get's good reviews. I haven't heard the new amps myself but I friend bought a 4B Cube, he had the older 4Bsst before, and he says the new Cube sounds smoother than the older sst.

I have a rather small music room, appx 25 square meters and 2x600W made a big different in the bass handling compared to 2x300W so I believe it will make a different for you too. But my room are having bass traps and other acoustic treatments. Before that the 802D2 did'nt work well att all in the room.

Best regards
Lasse
__________________
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Nord Ost/Van den Hul/ Isotek. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Follow @AudioAficionado
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2017 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Fortress
Fortress
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Sound Anchors
Sound Anchors
Audeze
Audeze
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Technical Audio Devices Laboratories
Technical Audio Devices Laboratories
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Wyred 4 Sound
Wyred 4 Sound
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase