AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Clearaudio

Clearaudio Loving Music

Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 PM

I have Innovation + Universal 9" (XLR) + Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua + Linn Uphorik + Statement clamp + Vinyl harmonizer.

The whole system is described here: http://www.audioaficionado.org/mcint...tml#post555657

I really love the combination. I tested many cartridges from ZYX, Benz and Clearaudio. Clearaudio had its definitive strengths (dynamics) but when I installed the Dynavector it was clear from the first notes that now its analog all the way from bottom to top. The Clearaudio cartridges I tested (Stradivari, da Vinci) were not the new V2 design. What I've read about the V2 models those might have also been what I was looking for (more fuller and colorful sound). But super happy about the Dynavector so no need to test anything else anymore.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:52 PM

Great looking system!
Ed
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD
Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 PM

Very nice, the innovation wood is a work of art
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
What?

vaakko, beautiful set up. Can't beat a mc275, a tubed preamp and vinyl !
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 AM

So true, Can't beat tubes & vinyl!

Linn Uphorik is solid state piece, but very good one. Of course it would be nice to test a tube phonostage but they are hard to find (and expnsive as hell) with XLR inputs.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM

I upgrade my analogue system with a new tonearm after the review to Hifilive eMagazine I did: Kuzma Stabi Ref2 & 4Point | HiFilive

Enjoy this Champion Level 2, Outer Clamp & Locator, Quadro XXL clamp and Synchro with a Lyra Skala cartridge mounted in a Kuzma 4point tonearm

Cartridge detail:

Turntable:

Ps. Anyobody knows How to resize images??

Last edited by Pojuojuo; 03-04-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Rotated 30 degrees on top of my rack; otherwise, the cartridge and 10" Graham armwand hung precariously out past the front edge.
Hi Mike,

Beautiful piece of kit mate.

I'm seriously contemplating procuring this deck myself(or perhaps the ClearAudio MasterInnovation, Origin Live's forthcoming Voyager/OL Enterprise & Spiral Groove SG-2/SG Centroid). In exactly the same finish ie. Black with Wood trim.

Thus far i'm leaning toward the Innovation/Master Innovation & imminent OL Voyager's as they're capable of being fitted with multiple arms. But dealers have told me that the Innovation/Master Innovation's arm-mounts only come in pearlescent Silver. Did you have to special order the black mount?

I'd be grateful to know if you heard the Innovation with ClearAudio's own aswell as any other tonearms before deciding on the Graham Phantom II? And what you feel the Graham Phantom II/ClearAudio Innovation combination gives you over the other arms you may have heard?

Regards.

Babur.

Last edited by Babur72; 08-31-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 PM

Upgrade from Innovation Wood recently

Old 08-31-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babur72 View Post
Hi Mike,

Beautiful piece of kit mate.

I'm seriously contemplating procuring this deck myself(along with the ClearAudio MasterInnovation, Origin Live's forthcoming Voyager/OL Enterprise & Spiral Groove SG-2/SG Centroid). In exactly the same finish ie. Black with Wood trim.

Thus far i'm leaning toward the Innovation/Master Innovation & imminent OL Voyager's as they're capable of being fitted with multiple arms.

But dealers have told me that the arm-mounts only come in pearlescent Silver. Did you have to special order the black mount?

I'd be grateful to know if you heard the Innovation with ClearAudio's own aswell as any other tonearms before deciding on the Graham Phantom II? And what you feel the Graham Phantom II/ClearAudio Innovation combination gives you over the other arms you may have heard?

Regards.

Babur.
Hi Barbur, and thanks. I specifically requested the black arm board to my dealer, as I think that silver arm boards on the black tables look odd. There was no resistance or extra delay. I should mention that the North American distributor for Clearaudio and Graham -- Musical Surroundings -- does an excellent job smoothing out support issues like this.

Unfortunately I've not tried any arms on my Clearaudio besides the Graham. I'd like to try the Universal, as it's beautifully crafted. The Clearaudio & Graham combo sounds fantastic -- a Master Innovation will be phenomenal. And the Graham is beautifully engineered, but dealing with Graham is very frustrating. My turntable package took almost a month to arrive after purchase, almost all of that waiting for the Phantom Supreme arm to come in. And you'll inevitably need something extra (in my case, the heavy counterweight and an extra armwand), in which case you'll subsequently find yourself tearing hair out waiting for Graham to deliver (Musical Surroundings immediately shipped me the counterweight for free, after Graham asked for $100! I had to source the extra arm wand on the used market.). If I had to do this all again today, I'd unflinchingly buy the Universal; even though I really like the Graham, I'm getting too old for that (I'm only 35, btw).

I also recommend getting the full clamping setup, as it makes a big difference. I left off the clamps for a year, which was a mistake on a table at this level. The Clearaudio statement & ring clamp are gorgeous and substantial, though expensive -- of course, only the top Clearaudio clamps look "right" on these tables, and at this price level you might as well get the best.

Last edited by mulveling; 08-31-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Hi Barbur, and thanks. I specifically requested the black arm board to my dealer, as I think that silver arm boards on the black tables look odd. There was no resistance or extra delay. I should mention that the North American distributor for Clearaudio and Graham -- Musical Surroundings -- does an excellent job smoothing out support issues like this.

Unfortunately I've not tried any arms on my Clearaudio besides the Graham. I'd like to try the Universal, as it's beautifully crafted. The Clearaudio & Graham combo sounds fantastic -- a Master Innovation will be phenomenal. And the Graham is beautifully engineered, but dealing with Graham is very frustrating. My turntable package took almost a month to arrive after purchase, almost all of that waiting for the Phantom Supreme arm to come in. And you'll inevitably need something extra (in my case, the heavy counterweight and an extra armwand), in which case you'll subsequently find yourself tearing hair out waiting for Graham to deliver (Musical Surroundings immediately shipped me the counterweight for free, after Graham asked for $100! I had to source the extra arm wand on the used market.). If I had to do this all again today, I'd unflinchingly buy the Universal; even though I really like the Graham, I'm getting too old for that (I'm only 35, btw).

I also recommend getting the full clamping setup, as it makes a big difference. I left off the clamps for a year, which was a mistake on a table at this level. The Clearaudio statement & ring clamp are gorgeous and substantial, though expensive -- of course, only the top Clearaudio clamps look "right" on these tables, and at this price level you might as well get the best.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Agree about not skimping too much in regard to accessories & ancilliaries. Although i like the effect that StillPoint's clamp/puck has demonstrated on the sound of tables like the Origin Live Calypso & even on a Rega RP-8.

What i like about the Graham is the relative ease of fitting & swapping-out carts, with the jig they provide & removable arm-wand. Do you have arm-wands of different lengths? You reckon it's worth going for the 12" arm?

Have you heard the Spiral Groove Centroid arm at all? Good match? What cartridge you using with your Innovation?

In the past i've found the sound of ClearAudio's older analogue front-ends(Solution, Master Solution etc.) to be a bit dry & lean? Which is why 've been looking at the Benz L-PS MR, Dynavector XV-1s & Lyra Etna. As i've been advised that using ClearAudio's own carts on their decks might be a little too analytical, bright & lean for most. Even though there may be the possibility of procuring a barely run-in Goldinger Statement.

Good to know your thoughts.

Regards & thanks.

Babur.

Last edited by Babur72; 08-31-2014 at 12:03 PM.