AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 AM

The Furutech Flux-50 inline power filters have undoubtably been the most profound system improvement. As a result, the musical information now being drawn out of the WireWorld Platinum Eclipse G7 loom is astonishing.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 AM

Default Some New Snakes

Some updated snake pics after a bit of a clean-up. Given the limited space, I've done my best to make it pretty. I may implement a few of Ivan's invisible ideas, next time I'm back there twisting & aching. Apologies for some hurried shots.
  • For longer runs, bundled power triggers & interconnects (bundled separately).
  • WireWorld Platinum Eclipse G7 loudspeaker cables have additional cloth sleeve for vibration absorption & protection.
  • CableIsolators elevators, both ceramic & ESD types. Cheap & they work.
  • Double stacked elevators where I have to cross/clear. Perpendicular to power where possible.
  • Nothing is sitting on the floor.

Waiting for some mechanical settlement & new cables to improve.

Biggest gains have been from the WireWorld Platinum Eclipse Interconnects & loudspeaker cables & the Furutech Flux-50.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-28-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Bodhisattva

Steve, you're certainly throwing some heavy duty ammo at your system. Congrats on the new WW, Siltech & Furutech products...nice eye candy!

Btw, currently i'm painstakingly logging hours manually on paper for my new gear which is cumbersome. How do you find those digital counters work in your system? Do they just count hours where you're playing a musical signal, or hours the component is switched on? Also do they have any negative impact on the sound? If you could post a link to the product page, that would be great! Only thing is, if I install them 100hrs or so into the break in process, they will never be accurate

Cheers,
Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Steve, you're certainly throwing some heavy duty ammo at your system. Congrats on the new WW, Siltech & Furutech products...nice eye candy! Btw, currently i'm painstakingly logging hours manually on paper for my new gear which is cumbersome. How do you find those digital counters work in your system? Do they just count hours where you're playing a musical signal, or hours the component is switched on? Also do they have any negative impact on the sound? If you could post a link to the product page, that would be great! Only thing is, if I install them 100hrs or so into the break in process, they will never be accurate Cheers,
David....Thanks!

WW Platinum Eclipse G7
Siltech Royal Signature Ruby Mountain II G7 (been on the amps awhile now)
Siltech i770 G7 RCAs. Excellent value
Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Furutech Flux Silver Arrows
Furutech Flux (long burn in). Totally underrated & excellent value
Shunyata Zitron Anaconda so far gone backwards. Long burn in is assumed.

Look back on this thread for info on the ENM counters. They hang off the trigger outs. No more harm than a trigger cable. No impact on sound. I use Techflex Flexo Conductive carbon filament braid to shield all the trigger cables including these. They count when the component is on i.e. Out of standby. Use in conjunction with a log book. I have 5 in total, which gives me enough coverage to calculate component hours.

An ENM counter on the MT10 turntable also with a splitter to power a Littlite as well. The wart manages to keep the amps up without the table dropping any voltage. I've checked it with a multi-meter.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-18-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Bodhisattva

Steve, thanks for your feedback re: the ENM meters & your approach I will go back and read the earlier posts. I only have only one tube component which i'm trading up next year, so i'm more concerned with logging hours to keep track of when I hit milestones with my new system (eg: 250hrs, 500hrs etc) as my speakers, amp & most of my cables are brand new. Great idea re: using a log book. I might drop into my stationary store & find a suitable book to tabulate hours

Cheers,
Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 AM

hi steve, were the anacondas factory terminated with the au plugs, or did cameron do them?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog brother View Post
hi steve, were the anacondas factory terminated with the au plugs, or did cameron do them?
I believe they are factory terminated this way. The cables were shrink sealed in their boxes when they arrived.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-18-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:29 AM

The Shunyata Zitron Anacondas are out. The magic is back.

The Venom Defender has also been returned because it does not have Australian Regulatory Compliance Certification & is not approved for use in Australia. Therefore it should not be sold here until the product is compliant for this market. Without compliance, use may be a safety and insurance risk.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-20-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:58 AM

Thanks to Vinh from Gingko Audio for making a great cover for the McIntosh MT10 & shipping it safely across the world.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-29-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:04 AM

Wireworld Platinum Eclipse G7 XLRs & loudspeaker cables have settled in beautifully. From day one they excelled & continue to improve.

Crystal & smooth, sparkly highs, musically detailed throughout with an expansive & holographic soundstage that envelopes. Bass is well controlled and all there.

Television commercials never sounded better at any volume. No more muting that high gain jingle!

MC2301s love these cables.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-29-2013 at 04:07 AM.