AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 11-06-2019, 06:00 PM

Congratulations Charles!

What color did you order?
Old 11-07-2019, 12:20 AM

Default ChronosonicXVX

Had the opportunity to hear the XVX tonight powered by D’Agostino Relentless amps, and Transparent Magnum Opus cables. Truly amazing sound and the fit and finish is impeccable. Will be back for another session tomorrow evening. A small group this evening and had the opportunity to talk with Dan D’Agostino, Daryl Wilson and his mother, John Quick from dCS and Karen Sumner from Transparent. Bill Peugh was there too.IMG_1191.jpg

Last edited by Still-One; 11-07-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
Congratulations Charles!

What color did you order?
Thank you so much. I have been on cloud nine. It's actually liberating to let loose with a wad of money. I haven't had a single regret. Also, I received an email from Wilson. They do not feel height will be an issue (ceiling clearance). I want the super tweeter to be able to breathe. The color is Galaxy Gray with stainless steel trim and black grill covers.

I just discovered why the "V" in XVX. It uses a new material known as "V" material extensively as opposed to "W" material, so you have XVX. This speaker employs more new technology than any speaker I have ever encountered. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it, if it would fit. I have always been a speaker aficionado. It's the thing that makes the music.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Thank you so much. I have been on cloud nine. It's actually liberating to let loose with a wad of money. I haven't had a single regret. Also, I received an email from Wilson. They do not feel height will be an issue (ceiling clearance). I want the super tweeter to be able to breathe. The color is Galaxy Gray with stainless steel trim and black grill covers.

I just discovered why the "V" in XVX. It uses a new material known as "V" material extensively as opposed to "W" material, so you have XVX. This speaker employs more new technology than any speaker I have ever encountered. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it, if it would fit. I have always been a speaker aficionado. It's the thing that makes the music.
It sounds really good!!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Had the opportunity to hear the XVX tonight powered by D’Agostino Relentless amps, and Transparent Magnum Opus cables. Truly amazing sound and the fit and finish is impeccable. Will be back for another session tomorrow evening. A small group this evening and had the opportunity to talk with Dan D’Agostino, Daryl Wilson and his mother, John Quick from dCS and Karen Sumner from Transparent. Bill Peugh was there too.Attachment 60359
I also had the fine opportunity to hear the demo at Paragon last night and I heartily concur with Jim's brief summary. It might also be mentioned that the room treatment (and system tuning) by Bill Peugh and the guys had undergone a significant update and improvement. The demo using a recording of Stravinsky's "L'Histoire du Soldat" (Paavo Jarvi, Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen, Pentatone SACD) was notably impressive with great imaging, coherence, and neutrality. Very much looking forward to another (brief) listen this everning.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 11-08-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Correct citation of SACD and fix typo.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
I also had the fine opportunity to hear the demo at Paragon last night and I hardily concure with Jim's brief summary. It might also be mentioned that the room treatment (and system tuning) by Bill Peugh and the guys had undergone a significant update and improvement. The demo using a recording of Stravinsky's "L'Histoire du Soldat" (Ref. Recording version?) was notably impressive with great imaging, coherence, and neutrality. Very much looking forward to another (brief) listen this everning.

Bob

Bob. I agree that the Stravinsky track was amazing. Normally complex recording don’t come off that well in demos.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:09 PM

I'm excited to hear this next week, Definitive chose the exact same color, I believe.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I'm excited to hear this next week, Definitive chose the exact same color, I believe.

That was one of the premium Pearl colors. I’ll check again tonight but I think it’s Cranberry
Old 11-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
That was one of the premium Pearl colors. I’ll check again tonight but I think it’s Cranberry
That's definitely the same color that Definitive chose. Sure looks beautiful in pictures.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:18 PM

This is all very exciting to me. Also, Wilson has created a modified spike that will work just as well and save me about 1.5". They just sent me a pic. They feel very comfortable with the regular spike working in my room but why not use the shorter modification? Jim's pic of the XVX is very encouraging. It does not look gargantuan like the WAMM. I'm very encouraged. I'm taking some risk but it looks like its paying off. No guts, no glory and all those cliches.

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 11-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.