AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 10-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Any pics of the McIntosh and Klipsch rooms would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for doing!!
Old 10-06-2018, 10:18 AM

Very nice pics. 👍
Old 10-06-2018, 10:50 AM
Go Dawgs

This was the Von Schweikert, Esoteric and VAC room......this was actually hosted by a high end audio dealer way back near me in Atlanta. Everyone was impressed with the sound here, they were playing a couple tracks off Roger Water's Amused to Death, so of course it will sound good, but still, very nice. Look at how deep these speakers are, you better have the room for these guys. Now the kicker here was they had the price of the system listed. The stand, yes, that's right, the audio stand is $61,000 ....maybe that was for the pair. As you can see, the cabling was out of control as well. Get out the checkbook.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 10-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Go Dawgs

Dan D'agostino, Stromtank and Martin Logan. The system sounded pretty good as well, but perhaps not for the price. They were using the Progession monos and preamp with the phono stage on static display. I'd like to hear this again....bass was pretty impressive though.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 10-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Go Dawgs

Audio Research and Sonus Faber......they had the new Reference 160s driving the new Aidas. This room so far sounded very good.....a bit small for the system, but warm and pleasant. They put on a track off Bruce Springsteen's vinyl album High Hopes along with some organ music. Very impressive. We'll come back here.

Edit: To my ears, this was one of the more properly set up/tuned rooms.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Go Dawgs

Ahhhh yes, the MBL 101s were here being driven by all MBL electronics and they sounded awesome as usual.......no complaints here. Jeremy Bryan put on the instrumental track "YYZ" from Rush's Moving Pictures (I think). The guitars and Neal Peart's drums were amazing.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Go Dawgs

The Gryphon room......it was visually impressive but entirely too loud. I found the remote and turned the dang system down when they weren't looking. Really hard to get a handle on this since they were playing what sounded like an old 1930's ragtime mono jazz album or something. The recording was atrocious so we'll have to come back here. Good lord the amplifier was impressive though. Can't even imagine how much it weighs.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Revel, Mark Levinson and Audioquest Niagara power conditioning.....most of us agreed that this setup looked much better than it sounded. I still love the look of Levinson gear, even if it isn't up to the standards of their products back in the early to mid 1990's.

I think there are some here on the forum that would take issue with that statement!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 10-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Any pics from the PS Audio room with the late Arnie Nudell legacy speakers would be very much appreciated. Also a critique on the sound would be interesting.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
I think there are some here on the forum that would take issue with that statement!
I think he was probably spot on giving they are doing the demo with the No519 as the source it looks like. Their new preamps and amps are first rate but the digital stuff really is just not very good. I had the No526 in my room and using the built in dac it was totally unimpressive... actually quite bad for the price. Plug in EMM Labs or Esoteric ... Boom!

George