AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-10-2021, 04:15 PM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
Absolutely, akitared! In my opinion, Herr Jurgen doesn't presently have the kind of players that can effectively open up a defense like Barnesy could...and, let's be honest here, even when someone was in front of John Barnes, he had the skills to get around them.

The point is that we don't have those kind of threats right now, so defenses are simply camping out in the final third and hoping for the Reds' defense to make a mistake -- and without defensive players like Virgil back there, that's highly likely. In other words, the present game plan being adopted by opposing managers is to go for the pseudo-Italian strategy of a super-tight defense and play for either a tie or a low-scoring win. It's a boring style of play, but it's been very effective, thus far, this season. I mean, as of late, we've either tied with or been beaten by teams that can barely stay in the EPL, so something's definitely gone wrong.


This right here is spot on, Klopp himself must realize that the lower tier teams know they cannot play open football agains us, thus, they employ a low block and hope for a chance knowing we are somewhat complacent in defence without VVD.

There were high hopes for Naby Kieta to be unable to unlock stubborn defences just as Coutinio was able to do, alas, injuries have not allowed him to impose himself on the team and style of play, further compounded by Thiago injury. Hopefully Thiago will be the key, We are still in a great position so long as we obtain a quality defender this month.

We live with hope in our hearts. YNWA
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:07 PM
70sMac's Avatar
70sMac 70sMac is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Berkshires
Posts: 420
Smile Ynwa

akitared..... I haven't seen Thiago play enough to form an opinion about how he might benefit our dear Reds. Although he's occasionally shown some spark, I'm not too sure about how well Naby Keita will fit into the big Klopp picture. I have seen Diogo Jota enough, on the other hand, and he seems to be a nice creative addition to the roster. What are your thoughts on him?

Regardless, we need VVD healthy and back there "escorting" the opposition away from Becker's 6-yard box. He is definitely the finest acquisition of the LFC Klopp-era.
__________________
Bill in the Hills

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2021, 08:09 PM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
akitared..... I haven't seen Thiago play enough to form an opinion about how he might benefit our dear Reds. Although he's occasionally shown some spark, I'm not too sure about how well Naby Keita will fit into the big Klopp picture. I have seen Diogo Jota enough, on the other hand, and he seems to be a nice creative addition to the roster. What are your thoughts on him?



Regardless, we need VVD healthy and back there "escorting" the opposition away from Becker's 6-yard box. He is definitely the finest acquisition of the LFC Klopp-era.


Thiago can pick a pass of any sort, extremely technical player who will thrive at LFC once he adapts to the league.

I am originally from Wolverhampton and did catch a Wolves game with my brother a couple of years ago, Jota is incredibly clever with his runs and positional play.

Quite surprised that he was scoring so freely as soon as he joined LFC, he has always had a decent rate of return, but you would be hard pressed to find any football fan who isnít surprised by how quickly he has slotted in and the goals he contributed prior to injury.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 PM
70sMac's Avatar
70sMac 70sMac is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Berkshires
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Thiago can pick a pass of any sort, extremely technical player who will thrive at LFC once he adapts to the league.

I am originally from Wolverhampton and did catch a Wolves game with my brother a couple of years ago, Jota is incredibly clever with his runs and positional play.

Quite surprised that he was scoring so freely as soon as he joined LFC, he has always had a decent rate of return, but you would be hard pressed to find any football fan who isnít surprised by how quickly he has slotted in and the goals he contributed prior to injury.
After I read your last message, akitared, I started researching what Klopp might do with the January signing window, especially as it relates to finding a bona fide center-back, so I'm wondering what your thoughts are on who might be a good choice. I know that there was a lot of talk about Bayern's Alaba, but he may be going for the paycheck at the dreaded RM. Regardless of his chasing the money, I was wondering if you had any player(s) in mind?
__________________
Bill in the Hills

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-10-2021, 09:22 PM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
After I read your last message, akitared, I started researching what Klopp might do with the January signing window, especially as it relates to finding a bona fide center-back, so I'm wondering what your thoughts are on who might be a good choice. I know that there was a lot of talk about Bayern's Alaba, but he may be going for the paycheck at the dreaded RM. Regardless of his chasing the money, I was wondering if you had any player(s) in mind?

70ís Mac


Alaba is a non starter as he is free in the summer, we can sign him to a pre-contract this month. Bayern would still want a sizeable nominal fee for him during January as he is a first team player for them.

We have been linked with so many defenders I forget who is who

If I could pick one. It would be Upacameno from Liepzig I believe, he is young, technical and a great potential partner for VVD long term quality for us.

Gomez is part of the next decade if he can find his fitness, Matip has a year or so at the top level given his injury record.

Unfortunately I donít believe the youngsters currently filing in from the reserves will make the cut at LFC long term.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-11-2021, 12:45 AM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Just seen that we are linked with Vestergaard from Southampton, I quite like him, classy player, good on the ball and in the air, with a touch of pace. Could be a great option for us, EPL experience counts too.

Just one problem;

We took Lovern from them so they bought VVD.

We took VVD from them, they bought Vestergaard?!?!

Lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-11-2021, 02:45 AM
70sMac's Avatar
70sMac 70sMac is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Berkshires
Posts: 420
Thumbs up Let's get Fab back to the midfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Just seen that we are linked with Vestergaard from Southampton, I quite like him, classy player, good on the ball and in the air, with a touch of pace. Could be a great option for us, EPL experience counts too.

Just one problem;

We took Lovern from them so they bought VVD.

We took VVD from them, they bought Vestergaard?!?!

Lol
As was evidenced during the Luis Suarez experiment, a player can be a genius and, at the same time, be poison to the reputation of a club. I mean, I can't tell you how broken-hearted I was when he self-imploded and forced LFC to banish him...but it had to be done.

The point is that the tough part about signing a "star" player is the baggage he brings with him. If a player can't adapt to Klopp, for example, he has absolutely no business being anywhere near Merseyside. As far back as I can remember, we've had respectable players, for the most part, so perhaps a young player that has real talent can come to Liverpool and become a partner to the great VVD.

Although I've definitely seen him play, I'm not familiar with Vestergaard's defensive skills. Is he a fairly stable center-back? Does he have VVD type speed? We really need to get Fabinho back to what he does best, aye?
__________________
Bill in the Hills

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-11-2021, 10:59 PM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Itís not the Klopp or LFC way to bring in a player with baggage. Itís fundamentally against the ethos and philosophy of the club.

Suarez truly was a mercurial talent for us, the intention was to have him play with Torres prior to Torres having his head turned. Love the mad bastard that Suarez is, a winner at all costs, alas, the way he engineered his move has left a sour taste in many fans mouths.

I personally believe Vestergaard can grow into a world class player under Klopp and alongside VVD, agree 100% we need Fab back in his DM role asap.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-12-2021, 02:54 AM
70sMac's Avatar
70sMac 70sMac is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Berkshires
Posts: 420
Thumbs up Let's Hope for the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Itís not the Klopp or LFC way to bring in a player with baggage. Itís fundamentally against the ethos and philosophy of the club.

Suarez truly was a mercurial talent for us, the intention was to have him play with Torres prior to Torres having his head turned. Love the mad bastard that Suarez is, a winner at all costs, alas, the way he engineered his move has left a sour taste in many fans mouths.

I personally believe Vestergaard can grow into a world class player under Klopp and alongside VVD, agree 100% we need Fab back in his DM role asap.
I hope and pray that Klopp keeps the club as traditional as it should be. I have no reason to believe that he won't but, after all, LFC is still owned by FSG -- the people who allowed their baseball team to drink in the clubhouse during a bad season -- so their morals are highly questionable.

As for Luis, what can I say? He crushed my heart like it was a Italian defender's ear. He earned the nickname "The Vampire," but he is still one of the most inventive forwards I ever saw. I mean, he was so damned good that, if he got into the open field, you felt like you you were witnessing genius...and perhaps that "sour taste" you mentioned was ear wax.

I hope we get a talented young player like JV back there. Under the tutelage of Klopp and VVD, who knows how good a big fast young defender could become...and the faster we get Fab back patrolling the midfield, the faster we'll start to resemble our fantastic EPL championship season.

GYR!
__________________
Bill in the Hills

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 PM
akitared's Avatar
akitared akitared is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
I hope and pray that Klopp keeps the club as traditional as it should be. I have no reason to believe that he won't but, after all, LFC is still owned by FSG -- the people who allowed their baseball team to drink in the clubhouse during a bad season -- so their morals are highly questionable.



As for Luis, what can I say? He crushed my heart like it was a Italian defender's ear. He earned the nickname "The Vampire," but he is still one of the most inventive forwards I ever saw. I mean, he was so damned good that, if he got into the open field, you felt like you you were witnessing genius...and perhaps that "sour taste" you mentioned was ear wax.



I hope we get a talented young player like JV back there. Under the tutelage of Klopp and VVD, who knows how good a big fast young defender could become...and the faster we get Fab back patrolling the midfield, the faster we'll start to resemble our fantastic EPL championship season.



GYR!


Agreed on all your points, FSG do seem to have a strong understanding of what LFC means not only for the fans, but the wider community too.

But most fans are also realistic enough to know they are businessmen first and foremost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase