AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Video

Video Projectors, video processors, & screens

Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Audio Snoopster

Default Flat Panel Mounting - Table Top Stand for 60"-65" LCD/Plasma Display

Hi All,

I was wondering if any AA members have come across Table Top Stands that are height adjustable and can swivel up to 45 degrees, and more importantly can accomodate a 60"-65" LCD/Plasma display.

I've contacted Chief Manufacturing, but they only have Table Top Stands that support up to 50" LCD/Plasma displays.

I'm about to purchase a 60"-65" LCD/Plasma display, but the stands that come with them have very low clearance (3-4"), and I need at least a 6" clearance in order to place my soundbar underneath the display.

Wall mounting is not possible for me, as my wife won't allow it, and I have also considered custom making a wooden platform support to place under the existing stand in order to raise it, but felt that a proper Table Top Stand would not only be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but also be able to afford me more flexibility in terms of height adjustment (should I change my soundbar one day), as well as possibly being able to swivel the display as well.

Philip
Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi psjl,

Unfortunately I think the custom approach is going to be your only choice for what you want to achieve. I have struggled in the past with same issues for flat panels, speaker stands, etc and found not too many options for off the shelf items. I have designed a couple flat panel & speaker/sub stands for my own use and had my fab shop make from metal. I then had my father in law powder coat or hi gloss automotive paint them to complete. Turned out pretty sweet, but not everyone has the luxury to get so custom.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Audio Snoopster

UFTE,

I did a fair bit of research over the web, and found some Flat Panel Stand solutions that might fit my needs. The ones that stood out were:
- H. Wilson Company: Table-Top Stand supporting up to 60" Flat Panel (H.Wilson Company | WPSMS LCD TV Stands)
- Chief Manufacturing: Floor Stand supporting up to 71" Flat Panel (Flat Panel TV Stand - PF1 Series (42-71" Displays))
- VM by Link Manufacturing, Ltd. (formerly VistaMounts): Motorized Floor Stand supporting up to 63" Flat Panel (Floor Mount - FL500)

The only Table-Top Stand solution that I could find that supported Flat Panels over 50" was the one from H. Wilson Company, but unfortunately, its base was too deep to place on top of my existing equipment rack. Both Chief Manufacturing and VM by Link Manufacturing, Ltd. (formerly VistaMounts) have Floor Stand offerings that support larger Flat Panels, but my wife was pretty adamant that she would only permit the use of a Table-Top Stand.

In fact, I saw a demo on youtube.com of the VM by Link Manufacturing, Ltd. (formerly VistaMounts) Motorized Table-Top Stand solution that supported up to a 63" Flat Panel (YouTube - VistaMounts TableTop www.vistamounts.com). The Model No. was "TT 500", but I understand that they no longer produce this Table-Top Stand solution anymore. Too bad though, because I thought that this was a really cool Table-Top Stand!

In any event, it looks that I may very well go down the custom route (platform support/riser made out of wood). Your customized solution sounds real nice (metal w/high gloss automotive finish), but unfortunately it would be very hard for me to find that level of customization over here where I live.

Nonetheless, many thanks for sharing your ideas on this.

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 04-27-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Music Lover

Restoration hardware has a pretty cool Flat panel stands. I'm not sure if they will help you but they meh be worth looking at. The easel one caught my eye. Maybe you could customize it. Good luck.

Search Results | Restoration Hardware
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect

Last edited by Rilands; 05-02-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Audio Snoopster

Rilands.....thanks for the suggestion....I had a look at the website, but unfortunately my wife gave me the thumbs down....it looks like I'll try going for the VM by Link Manufacturing Table-Top stand (TT-500)....VM has discontinued production of this particular model but may consider selling me one of their existing old stock in inventory.....Philip