AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 09-11-2020, 12:16 AM

A seller on eBay has the 2200 LED kit

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 09-11-2020, 03:12 AM

Default Mcintosh c2200 display backlight color

I have had the Ebay led-kit in mine for couple of years. Installation was pretty easy, but quality of the leds was a bit questionable. First led started blinking after a month and few more are dead by now too. Got no response from seller when I asked. There were no extra leds in the kits then.

I’ve been planning to order a bunch of 14V leds to test and try which ones are best, but been a little lazy and still haven’t done this.

All in all, it was a nice upgrade and the preamp now runs quite a much cooler, which is nice.

I put all three gel filters in the meters and the shade is bluer than on my MC402. I kinda prefer this colour more. I should also replace filters on my MC402, as the right channel has a different tone than the other. This is propably from heat and the heat was from the time I had Lyngdorf RP-1 in my system.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:01 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosky View Post
Hello friends. They brought me my new Mcintosh c2200 preamplifier, it sounds great, but there was a question about the display illumination. Please tell me, it's normal that the backlight color of the arrows of the Mcintosh 501 monoblocks is bluer than the backlight of the arrows of the Mcintosh c2200 preamplifier. On the preamplifier, the color is less blue ... In the photo it is not so striking. Sorry for my bad english. Thanks for the help.

At a minimum, you could have Audio Classics change out the incandescent bulbs and replace the blue film...which tends to degrade overtime from the heat of the bulbs. Pretty easy fix. Probably won’t match your 501’s exactly, but will closer for sure.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Default You can adjust the backlight of the MC501 to be less Blue

Instead of changing the C2200 backlight, you can adjust the backlight of the MC501s to be less Blue to match your C2200. Download the MC501 Service Manual and it shows you how to adjust the backlight.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedo View Post
Instead of changing the C2200 backlight, you can adjust the backlight of the MC501s to be less Blue to match your C2200. Download the MC501 Service Manual and it shows you how to adjust the backlight.
Thank. Didn't know that on 501 you can change the backlight level ... Can't find a guide on how to do this?
Share or drop a link. Thank.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosky View Post
Thank. Didn't know that on 501 you can change the backlight level ... Can't find a guide on how to do this?
Share or drop a link. Thank.
Autosky,

I found a manual for the MC501 here on the forum https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...62&postcount=2

Although it doesn't have specific instructions for adjusting the LEDs, on page 12 of the .pdf (labeled pages 19 and 20) it does show the PC board and the individual blue and green color trimmers, I believe this is located on the front panel between the meters.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by net-david View Post
Autosky,

I found a manual for the MC501 here on the forum https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...62&postcount=2

Although it doesn't have specific instructions for adjusting the LEDs, on page 12 of the .pdf (labeled pages 19 and 20) it does show the PC board and the individual blue and green color trimmers, I believe this is located on the front panel between the meters.
Yes. This is the guide.