AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 09-24-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprod View Post
I have a kt88 inspire amp and have been noticing some transformer hum through my speakers. Amp is plugged into a audioquest niagra 1200
Any recommendations ok how to mitigate this ?
Which tubes are you using?
Old 09-24-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprod View Post
I have a kt88 inspire amp and have been noticing some transformer hum through my speakers. Amp is plugged into a audioquest niagra 1200
Any recommendations ok how to mitigate this ?
Are you certain it is transformer hum and not a ground loop?
Old 09-25-2020, 06:10 PM

I was able to make it to Cary this last Monday. Straitwire and Analog were both able to meetup as well. Good times were had. FedEx dropped off a package for Dennis while I was there from none other than the OP of this epic thread.

IMG_0369.jpg
Old 09-26-2020, 05:44 PM

Some more pix from my trip:

IMG_0370.jpg

L to R, left - older 45 (note the 9 pin driver tube, Dennis has not used those in a while.), center- my updated PSE (I had Dennis voice it to a speakers I made us both a pair of.), right - Inspire KT88 burning in before shipment.

IMG_0372.jpg

L to R, tuned port single driver Dennis had built custom (those may be marketed under the Inspire name before long), center - the Lii Audio F15 I have been working on. You see I have moved away from open baffle with these drivers. Right - Allan’s Alto-Crats. Aristocrat cabinets stuffed with Altec drivers.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcity View Post
Some more pix from my trip:

Attachment 62931

L to R, left - older 45 (note the 9 pin driver tube, Dennis has not used those in a while.), center- my updated PSE (I had Dennis voice it to a speakers I made us both a pair of.), right - Inspire KT88 burning in before shipment.

Attachment 62932

L to R, tuned port single driver Dennis had built custom (those may be marketed under the Inspire name before long), center - the Lii Audio F15 I have been working on. You see I have moved away from open baffle with these drivers. Right - Allan’s Alto-Crats. Aristocrat cabinets stuffed with Altec drivers.
Hey, that's my KT88! I was the winning bidder on this and got a message from Dennis that my amp was the one that "...was the feature amp for a listening session on Tuesday with a group of audiophiles who visited the Inspire "toy-factory"

I've been interested in these amps for a few months as I looked for my 1st tube amp to drive my Tekton Enzo XL's. When I saw the KT88 come up I decided that I'd see if I could snag one for a good price. I'm looking forward to getting the amp in my system. Now for a preamp. The audio toy budget is a bit low after the purchase so I was thinking of using A Schiit Sys for a while. It's passive so Dennis is sending a 6SL7 in addition to the 6SN7 so I can see which one works the best.

Anyone here using a Schiit Sys with their Inspire?
Old 09-27-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruleof72 View Post
Hey, that's my KT88! I was the winning bidder on this and got a message from Dennis that my amp was the one that "...was the feature amp for a listening session on Tuesday with a group of audiophiles who visited the Inspire "toy-factory"

I've been interested in these amps for a few months as I looked for my 1st tube amp to drive my Tekton Enzo XL's. When I saw the KT88 come up I decided that I'd see if I could snag one for a good price. I'm looking forward to getting the amp in my system. Now for a preamp. The audio toy budget is a bit low after the purchase so I was thinking of using A Schiit Sys for a while. It's passive so Dennis is sending a 6SL7 in addition to the 6SN7 so I can see which one works the best.

Anyone here using a Schiit Sys with their Inspire?

That was your amp we all were listening to.**I believe Dennis is changing out the gold front panel for the black version at your request .... Get ready for serious single-ended Inspire tunes.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:24 PM

Sexy!!

Old 09-28-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcity View Post
That was your amp we all were listening to.**I believe Dennis is changing out the gold front panel for the black version at your request .... Get ready for serious single-ended Inspire tunes.
Looks like the amp was shipped today. Should get it this week. The amp is coming with Genalex Gold Lion KT-88. I'd like to have an extra pair of KT-88's. Looking at some Apex matched JJ's Any other affordable suggestions?

The other choice I need to make is which preamp to get. My DAC and Phono pre output 2 volts. I have a Schiit Sys, will that work until I can get something else?

I'll report back once I get the amp. Looking forward to some sweet tube sound!

Last edited by Ruleof72; 09-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I have a Schiit Sys, will that work until I can get something else?
Schiit sys will work, but it's not that transparent, and will hold the amp back.
I recommend Axiom or Khozmo for passive pre amp upgrades.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Looks like the amp was shipped today. Should get it this week. The amp is coming with Genalex Gold Lion KT-88. I'd like to have an extra pair of KT-88's. Looking at some Apex matched JJ's Any other affordable suggestions?

The other choice I need to make is which preamp to get. My DAC and Phono pre output 2 volts. I have a Schiit Sys, will that work until I can get something else?

I'll report back once I get the amp. Looking forward to some sweet tube sound!

Joe Appierto here on the AA Marketplace has a very affordable list of tubes he is selling.