AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Analog Pressings

Old 12-18-2019, 07:55 PM

Rubber Soul -Beatles
U.S. version is still my favorite album without a single bad note on it.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,
Old 12-28-2019, 03:35 AM

My first records were “Itsy-bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini” by Bryan Hyland. 1960 and “They’re coming to take me away” by Napolean XIV. Both 7” 45s. My mom bought them for me, and though she thought “Itsy-bitsy. . .” was cute, she nearly went crazy herself listening to me play “They’re coming to take me way” over and over again (There are youtube videos of these two novelty numbers, if you really want to know!).

The first record I bought with my own money was probably ? and the Mysterians’, “96 Tears”. Still a great song today, in my opinion.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!

Last edited by zettelsm; 12-28-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Semi-audiophile

My first LP purchase was Diana Ross & The Supremes' Greatest Hits and Hawaii Five-O by the Ventures was right behind it, both in 1968. My first record ever was the 45 of I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown, under the Christmas tree in 1965.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 08-26-2020, 10:58 AM

My first LPs were gifts from my sister - Best of The Grass Roots and Santana’s Borboletta (cool sleeve)
Old 08-26-2020, 05:29 PM

Bill Haley and his Comets 'Rock around the Clock' on 78 rpm played on a clockwork gramophone with a steel needle.
I didn't know then I was destined for High End audio.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Blown & Injected

Ivan - wow! For your first LP? Several other BS fans as well! The QRP reissues are just stunning in every way.

I wasn't nearly as cool - Kansas Point of Know Return. I was 8.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:59 PM

Default nap xiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettelsm View Post
My first records were “Itsy-bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini” by Bryan Hyland. 1960 and “They’re coming to take me away” by Napolean XIV. Both 7” 45s. My mom bought them for me, and though she thought “Itsy-bitsy. . .” was cute, she nearly went crazy herself listening to me play “They’re coming to take me way” over and over again (There are youtube videos of these two novelty numbers, if you really want to know!).

The first record I bought with my own money was probably ? and the Mysterians’, “96 Tears”. Still a great song today, in my opinion.

Steve Z
I still have the lp
Old 08-29-2020, 12:09 AM

Default My first purchased

The Rolling Stones "between the buttons", purchased from Woolworths in Garden City Ks. I was worried that my moms early 50s Zenith AMFM console wouldn't play it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zenith-Cobra-Matic-Turntable.jpg (41.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-29-2020, 09:46 AM

Mine was Linda Ronstadt "Hasten Down the Wind" - still one of my favorite albums. Nice Cover too !!!
Old 08-31-2020, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
Mine was Linda Ronstadt "Hasten Down the Wind" - still one of my favorite albums. Nice Cover too !!!

[emoji106]
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM