AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 03-02-2024, 10:25 AM

Take a look at this page.
This explains in detail performance, volume and efficiency of the loudspeaker.

https://www.jacmusic.com/techcorner/...in-a-watt.html
Old 03-02-2024, 04:07 PM

Thank you. So according to this website, it could my speakers could be efficient enough. Now, the 45 inspire seems to be very rare. Anyone who could compare it to a 300B amp for example? What to expect?
Old 03-02-2024, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitwire View Post
I'm not sure if there is room for a volume pot.

[IMG][/IMG]

Dennis is working on the matching prototype preamp now.
Once he is done with that, we will have a better idea as to when we will be offering them.
Awesome...thanks Straitwire for your feedback. I'll be watching to see the final EL84/preamp design that Dennis will present. I'm sure it will be a master reference combo.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
You are looking at Apples vs Oranges in some respects inside the tube world.

Part of this is the SEP vs SET debate, where Triodes would be typically described as more warm and lush while Pentodes would be described as more precise with perhaps some greater presence on the bottom end.

The 300b amp (non PSE) would be good for about 7-8 wpc while the KT-88 amp would be a little north of 10wpc, at least with KT-88s/6550s. The KT-88 amp is typically described as the "universal" amp, with it's ability to play all sorts of different output tubes by changing the rectifier. The 300b is one output tube only but some would argue that with WE 300bs, who needs any other tube?

Of course it's your choice, but the KT-88 amp offers a lot more in the way of experimenting via tube rolling, although it's not hard to change the final stage coupling caps as well. The 300b is dialled in and optimized.

You can't go wrong with either. If you do develop the urge to pull the trigger, PM me and I'll get you set up with Dennis...
Fantastic comparisons and explanations. Thank you. When my trigger finger gets itchy I'll shoot you a PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:30 PM

I emailed Dennis on ebay no response. However this new preamp you posted interest me for my Inspire power amp. Any details you can share?
Old 03-12-2024, 10:27 AM

Default Introducing the RB-84...

Did something a little different yesterday and went over to Dennis house to listen to the new RB amp and preamp, and also the Inpsire 3.1 speakers. Dennis has continued to fiddle with the 3.1s, until he recently told me he had found the magic sauce, which necessitated me coming by the house to hear them.

The RB-84 pre amp and amp are the new entry level pieces in the Inspire family...

Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr

The RB preamp uses anything from the 6DJ8 family of tubes, such as the 6DJ8, 6922, 7308, 6N1P, 6H1P, 6N2H, 6H30, and also can use a 6CG7 along with a 5Y3 rectifier. There are two input channels, giving the selector switch a "null" position, and of course the volume pot.

And then there's the new RB-84 amp...

The RB-84 amp also uses a 6DJ8/6CG7 input along with a pair of 6BQ5s. The rectifier is flexible, with a 5Y3 producing 3 wpc, while a 5U4 produces 5 wpc and a 5AR4 produces 5,5 wpc. Dennis really likes the 5Y3 and my guess is that will be the rectifier it ships with. And no, there's really not enough room to add a volume pot to the Amp.

The pre amp and amp are $2000 each, not including shipping, and will be available in about 6 weeks. PM me for pre orders.

Lastly, the Inspire 3.1 speakers...I don't know where to start.

How about the fact that they blew the Tannoys away? That they made Dennis' living room sound like a concert hall. How about that Dennis thinks that they are the best speakers he's ever designed and that he now considers them "World Class"!?! He's now decided to build outboard crossovers for them to prevent altering the inside geometry in any way.

I don't know how we're going to proceed with them because Dennis has soured on the whole outsourcing the manufacturing process, but I am determined to find a way to make these happen. I've never heard such a small pair of boxes produce such an amazing amount of sublime sound. They have to be heard to be believed.

Lastly, for chuckles and grins I brought the Slammer over and we hooked it up in the system...

Dennis says it's the best amp I've built so far. I'm inclined to believe him.
I did also drop the welded and sanded chassis off for the 8417 PSE build, of which I have high hopes for. I'm hoping it will be even better than the Slammer.

I'll leave a tease of the 3.1s on the Slammer.(click on the last pic for video/sound) Dennis is listening to it even as I type. Obviously the phone mic is subpar, but perhaps the sense of the air in the music is evident. It truly did sound like we were in a concert hall...

Last edited by Analog Addict; 03-12-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:08 AM

Nice news/photos
The small amplifiers are definitely combined with a single driver or a small horn
an entry level system at a very high level.
I would be curious about the new speakers and would like to hear them, but at the moment there are other priorities.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:15 PM

Great pictures! Is it a point-to-point wiring, auto bias design (RB-84 amp/preamp)? It would be interesting to see what the amp and preamp look like inside.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:29 AM

Default Inspire RB series...

As requested.

Preamp...

Amp...

And the "inspiration" born of Dennis listening to a Magnavox console, and drinking Dad's root beer....

Production will begin in a couple of weeks. Get 'em while they're hot!