AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 07-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Nice! Looking forward to your impressions as always.
Well, like the DAC7 it needs 600 hours of break in, 25 days. I like the aluminum buttons and the sample rate display. Who knew the sample rate of a cable box was 48kHz? Not me. I have about 12 hours of 24/96 on my MacBook that I'll be playing once she gets burned in. I also see where Linn has 192KHz FLAC files available. The new USB connection is supposed to be light years ahead of the DAC7's.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
AeroSmith I thought you found that really cool color here.

Jim
Mmmm skittles...

You would be amazed at what colors I have seen go through Wilson. They really do color match any request. People have sent in pieces of cloth, wall paper, etc to have Wilson color match it.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Spent a couple hours today at a Wilson dealer with both the Sasha and Sophia 3.. I was very impressed. I currently have B&W 800Ds in a theatre 5.1 and 2 Channel setup. I am thinking about doing a separate 2Ch room. I thought both speakers were outstanding. Coming from the 800D, I left feeling the Sasha would be a step up from my current speaker vs the Sophia 3. I also listened to a couple songs on the Maxx3s they have in a separate room. Wish I had a big enough room for those. I have a couple more speakers to look at before deciding my next step.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper View Post
Spent a couple hours today at a Wilson dealer with both the Sasha and Sophia 3.. I was very impressed. I currently have B&W 800Ds in a theatre 5.1 and 2 Channel setup. I am thinking about doing a separate 2Ch room. I thought both speakers were outstanding. Coming from the 800D, I left feeling the Sasha would be a step up from my current speaker vs the Sophia 3. I also listened to a couple songs on the Maxx3s they have in a separate room. Wish I had a big enough room for those. I have a couple more speakers to look at before deciding my next step.
that is nice experience hearing the Maxx3. Do you feel that the Sophia 3 is also a step up from the 800Ds ?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
You're going to join the Wilson club now? Oh my goodness!!! Do you still have the SSP-800?
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Hi, V.Sharp... Still have the SSP-800 and love it. How about you? I felt the Sophia's 3 sounded great but not a step up from the 800D. The Sasha was a big step up mainly in the bass (punch). I also felt the Sasha's midrange was a little smoother than the Sophia's 3. Now the one thing I must stress is the Sophia's only had 10 hours on it.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Where did you hear the Sophia's and Sasha's at?

On a side note, I love your name! My husband and I used to have an SRT-4. I miss it so much! It had a LOT of modifications to it. Stage 3 and some other goodies. I loved hearing people say "ohhh.. how cute. A neon!" I would just smile and smoke them off the line! Gotta stop talking about it or I might have to go get another one!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:14 PM

I auditioned them at Paragon Sight & Sound in Ann Arbor, MI. Brought some of my favorite music and enjoyed the time I spent there. I used to have a SRT-10 but sold it a little while back (miss that car too). Today was the last prduction day for the SRT-10 Viper. The last car rolled off the line. Sad to see it go.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
I auditioned them at Paragon Sight & Sound in Ann Arbor, MI. Brought some of my favorite music and enjoyed the time I spent there. I used to have a SRT-10 but sold it a little while back (miss that car too). Today was the last prduction day for the SRT-10 Viper. The last car rolled off the line. Sad to see it go.

Oh the guys at Paragon are great! I hope you enjoyed it!

We both need to get them back since niether one is in production anymore (the NEON SRT-4 that is isn't in production). My husband was able to have a test drive in the SRT-10 Viper here at Miller a while back with a professional driver. I have never seen a car drift like that before! Was amazing!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Hi, V.Sharp... Still have the SSP-800 and love it. How about you? I felt the Sophia's 3 sounded great but not a step up from the 800D. The Sasha was a big step up mainly in the bass (punch). I also felt the Sasha's midrange was a little smoother than the Sophia's 3. Now the one thing I must stress is the Sophia's only had 10 hours on it.
The bass definitely improves with full break in (100 hours), midrange as well.

Just curious, what are your 2ch room dimensions?

Last edited by AeroSmith; 07-02-2010 at 07:45 PM.