AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 08-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Congratulation's, looking good!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcD View Post
After what seemed like a long wait, but really was not the Sophia 3s arrived yesterday. Got them roughly voiced and placed. Put around 10 hours on them yesterday and they are coming around. I can hear the potential.
Beautifully packaged and finished.
TMcD...looking good. Am I seeing ARC Ref 3, Ref 110, and CD7 on your rack? Also that looks like a VPI Scoutmaster. Very nice system. It also looks like you have an Ayre CD player so maybe I was wrong about the ARC CD 7. Just curious what speakers you had before this with your ARC system. Would be curious how you like the ARC/Wilson Sophia 3 combo given that I am also interested in upgrading my speakers and the Sophia 3s are one of the options. Thanks and congrats on the new setup. It's looking good
Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 PM

TMcD...did you have your dealers do the WASP speaker setup procedure (Wilson's speaker placement procedure)? It may help to dial them in just right. Just a thought...thx
Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
TMcD...looking good. Am I seeing ARC Ref 3, Ref 110, and CD7 on your rack? Also that looks like a VPI Scoutmaster. Very nice system. It also looks like you have an Ayre CD player so maybe I was wrong about the ARC CD 7. Just curious what speakers you had before this with your ARC system. Would be curious how you like the ARC/Wilson Sophia 3 combo given that I am also interested in upgrading my speakers and the Sophia 3s are one of the options. Thanks and congrats on the new setup. It's looking good
It is actually a PH5 and a Ayre CX 7emp. I do think the ARC + Wilson + Transparent combo is going to be pretty amazing. Will report more after a few more hours.
My dealer has done lots of Wilsons, we did voice them and will do the full WASP once they are broken in. The wheels are great, makes it very easy to make small adjustments.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
After what seemed like a long wait, but really was not the Sophia 3s arrived yesterday. Got them roughly voiced and placed. Put around 10 hours on them yesterday and they are coming around. I can hear the potential.
Very very nice! John once told me that the Sophia 3's tend to take a little longer then the other Wilson systems. He told me to make sure people understood to give them a good 100 hours break in time. I know this is a LONG time... however, from what I understand, after that 100 hours, they sing!!

Keep us posted on the progress!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Wow, love your ARC setup. Used to have one like yours (Ref 7 / Ref 3 / Ref 110).

My Sashas, and before that my Sophias 2, took around 400h to fully break in, so be patient. I used to leave them playing 24/7 to speed up the break-in process.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
Wow, love your ARC setup. Used to have one like yours (Ref 7 / Ref 3 / Ref 110).

My Sashas, and before that my Sophias 2, took around 400h to fully break in, so be patient. I used to leave them playing 24/7 to speed up the break-in process.
Yeah, my dad does that too. I used to know that my dad replaced a driver or breaking in a new system when I could hear music all night long. It was quiet, yet I could still hear it.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 PM

mark where you have the speakers placed right now and if you decidde to play them 24/7, point them at one another at night as the signals will partially cancel out and attenuate the SPLs. If you have a SS integrated amp or power amp to sub-in for break-in purposes so as not chew up too much output tube time, then certainly that is one way to hasten the break-in of the speakers...enjoy
Old 08-19-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
mark where you have the speakers placed right now and if you decidde to play them 24/7, point them at one another at night as the signals will partially cancel out and attenuate the SPLs. If you have a SS integrated amp or power amp to sub-in for break-in purposes so as not chew up too much output tube time, then certainly that is one way to hasten the break-in of the speakers...enjoy
That is a good idea. I have a Linn Classic in the kitchen I think I will hook up.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Congratulations TMCD- WOW!! Enjoy the break in process & looking forward to your impressions on them as you log more hours.
Is the wasp method contained also in the owners manual ?